Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you are Chris Hughton, Tony Bloom gives you 15m to spend on 2 new strikers.......

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd take Kemar Roofe from Oxford, Bradley Dack from Gillingham and Nakhi Wells. Then spend the other 7-8 mill on tying Knocky, Kayal and Dale Stephens onto some seriously strong contracts. Maybe look at another keeper as well, someone as good as stockers to keep him honest.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The alternative is to keep the cash and see what Eastern Europeans shine in the Euros.

Yeah cos most clubs with their extensive scouting networks know nothing about players who are deemed good enough to play at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL at arguably the most difficult INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT in the world.

:lolol:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
15m for two strikers? Jesus. I could do our entire summer wishlist with that and leave you with change.

Philippe Senderos/Kolo Toure/Etc - Big old fasioned CB to continue to tutour Dunk and Goldson whilst being acceptable 3rd/4th choice. Basically a replacement for Greer. Two I mentioned are out of contract, offer of a player/coach role might see their wages become more reasonable too - Free

Rico Henrry
- Very promising young LB from Walsall. Apparently being looked at by a host of Premier League clubs. Not the biggest but looks a real prospect at only 18. Can also play further forward. If we sign him then worst case he's one for the future but I genuinely reckon he'd give Bong and/or Rosenior a lot of competition for that LB spot right now. Basically everything we hoped Chicksen would be... and wasn't. 1-1.5m

Steve Sidwell
- Think it's pretty nailed on. Effective cover and came in to his own towards the end of the season. Out of contract and seemed to enjoy it here. Free

Alex Gilbey
- Seems to have been mentioned a few times. Colchester are in the shit, but he was POTS and is being tipped for big things. Would be nice to keep a young player in the CM options, especially if Caskey and Ince don't make the step up this year. If we're going to play 3 away from home then we need at least 4 options in the middle of the park. 500-750k

Florin Andone. - (Post C&P from wherever I posted it before) 23 years old, 18 goals and 7 assists in the Segunda Division this season for Córdoba CF who finished midtable. Almost certain to play a part for Romania in the EURO's. Had a few La Liga teams and Villa looking at him but nothing concrete, exactly what we need IMO. He wouldn't cost the world, and if we show him how Ulloa has done since making the switch to England I'm confident we could get him here. 4-5m

Cheick Diabate - Scored 10 in 22 for Bordeaux this season. Out of contract in the summer. 50 goals in 129 Ligue 1 and 15 in 37 for Mali Internationally. He's also 6'4 so a solid replacement for Zamora. Free

So, £5,500,000-£7,250,000 spent on transfer fees. It's ideal to have to players for each position, so that would leave us with.

Stockdale
Bruno - Dunk - Goldson - Henry
Knockaert - Kayal - Stephens - Skalak
Diabate - Andone

with a reserve team of;

Mäenpää
Rosenior - Senderos - Hünemeier - Bong
Murphy - Sidwell - Gilbey - March
Hemed - Baldock

That still leaves Walton, Towell, Ince, Caskey, LuaLua & Manu plus any youth players who make the step up. :smile:

Realistically, you could look at selling Caskey, Ince, Manu & LuaLua for around the £4,000,000 mark. 1.5m net spend for a team that would seriously challenge in this division...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
15m for two strikers? Jesus. I could do our entire summer wishlist with that and leave you with change.

Philippe Senderos/Kolo Toure/Etc - Big old fasioned CB to continue to tutour Dunk and Goldson whilst being acceptable 3rd/4th choice. Basically a replacement for Greer. Two I mentioned are out of contract, offer of a player/coach role might see their wages become more reasonable too - Free

Rico Henrry
- Very promising young LB from Walsall. Apparently being looked at by a host of Premier League clubs. Not the biggest but looks a real prospect at only 18. Can also play further forward. If we sign him then worst case he's one for the future but I genuinely reckon he'd give Bong and/or Rosenior a lot of competition for that LB spot right now. Basically everything we hoped Chicksen would be... and wasn't. 1-1.5m

Steve Sidwell
- Think it's pretty nailed on. Effective cover and came in to his own towards the end of the season. Out of contract and seemed to enjoy it here. Free

Alex Gilbey
- Seems to have been mentioned a few times. Colchester are in the shit, but he was POTS and is being tipped for big things. Would be nice to keep a young player in the CM options, especially if Caskey and Ince don't make the step up this year. If we're going to play 3 away from home then we need at least 4 options in the middle of the park. 500-750k

Florin Andone. - (Post C&P from wherever I posted it before) 23 years old, 18 goals and 7 assists in the Segunda Division this season for Córdoba CF who finished midtable. Almost certain to play a part for Romania in the EURO's. Had a few La Liga teams and Villa looking at him but nothing concrete, exactly what we need IMO. He wouldn't cost the world, and if we show him how Ulloa has done since making the switch to England I'm confident we could get him here. 4-5m

Cheick Diabate - Scored 10 in 22 for Bordeaux this season. Out of contract in the summer. 50 goals in 129 Ligue 1 and 15 in 37 for Mali Internationally. He's also 6'4 so a solid replacement for Zamora. Free

So, £5,500,000-£7,250,000 spent on transfer fees. It's ideal to have to players for each position, so that would leave us with.

Stockdale
Diabate - Andone

with a reserve team of;

Mäenpää
Hemed - Baldock

That still leaves Walton, Towell, Ince, Caskey, LuaLua & Manu plus any youth players who make the step up. :smile:

Realistically, you could look at selling Caskey, Ince, Manu & LuaLua for around the £4,000,000 mark. 1.5m net spend for a team that would seriously challenge in this division...

like...!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
accordinig to Leicester supporting chums....Leo could be surplus to requirements next season as the lad they loaned to Moenschengladbach will return and is a better player ....apparently , possible season long loan ...!!??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dwight Gayle would be excellent for us. Bit of pace and a good finisher. That Sheffield Wednesday lump though is possibly the worst footballer I've seen at championship level. Awful.

Oh God yes. Atdhe Nuhiu is an embarrassment of a footballer. Every time I see him play, I rub my eyes in disbelief at the notion that somebody at Sheffield Wednesday actually thought it would be a good idea to engage his services as a striker. Utterly, utterly dismal. Slow, immobile, and with the turning circle of the Ark Royal. Part of me hopes they go up, just to watch him floundering hilariously in the Premier League (though of course they'll release him long before their first game if that happens).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of all the names mentioned so far on this thread, I think Gayle is the only one who might be (a) realistic- IF we were looking to spend at the levels mentioned.

-I can't quite get enthusiastic about Ross McCormack. Clearly has talent, but is also a bit porky, and seems to excel in mediocre teams who perhaps focus all their attentions on him. I can't help wondering how good he'd be in a better quality squad. Maybe he enjoys being the big fish?

-Assombalonga? Can't see that happening. Forest paid over £5m for him, and he's just returned from a year out with a knee injury. Doesn't seem like a man who's about to walk out on his club. They'd want a ridiculous fee too.

-Vokes. Won't leave Burnley unless he has a shocking pre-season and gets told he's no chance of starting.

-Vydra. Did the square root of **** all for Reading last time around, and for a massive loan fee too.

-Nugent. Professional northerner. Incapable of functioning correctly if operating south of the M25

-Gayle. Good age (25?), lots of pace, has a point to prove, given his travails in the PL so far.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Rico Henrry

Steve Sidwell

Alex Gilbey

Stockdale
Diabate - Andone

with a reserve team of;

Mäenpää
Hemed - Baldock

At least you didn't pick that boring gimp Murray, :clap2:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Nahki Wells from Huddersfield
Florin Andone from Cordoba, has just scored 20 in 34 games in the Segunda / or Sergio Leon from Elche.

For me Nanki wells .. stepped up from Bradford to Udders and has consistently scored in a mediocre team

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Watch a re-run of the first leg against Sheff Wed before the injuries set in. Kayal was lost without Stephens alongside him. I was never Stephens biggest fan till he wasn't there. £7million he is not worth that but by the same token, it would take a lot of money to replace him.

To say he was lost is a little harsh. I'm sure Stephens would have been the same if Kayal wasn't playing. Both are excellent players and compliment each other well. Whoever came in, it wasn't going to be as good as those two have played alongside each other now for some time. Those relationships on the field take time to build. It was the same for me when Skalak came in on the left hand side. The relationship with the Rosenior wasn't there as it was with Bong and Lua Lua or Rosenior and Murphy.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pat Bamford and Chris Benteke on loan for 1 year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here