so........ where will we finish this season now?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Can't believe people are saying 10th .

They are being a bit coy, sure people really expect higher now - its just that they don't want to be too expectant, would rather feel like the season is a nice surprise!

(I said play-offs although I actually think higher - see above logic)

salfordseagull

Feb 28, 2009
Top two

Can't see us finishing below either Leicester or West Ham, sure they've spent loadsamoney but so did Sheff Weds last year and look what happened to them.

Can't see Sven moulding a coherent team out of his summer shopping spree and that old lag Allardyce is a one trick pony compared to Super Gus. Reckon they'll be the ones who are sweating about the play-offs come May.

Big classy striker on loan to get his head on all the quality crosses we'll be flinging in and its job done I reckon

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
4th to 8th

Defensively we may hit a bad patch / injuries.

Everywhere else we look good

West Ham will get 100 points + so to me it's anyone for 2nd really

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I said 12th at the start (trying to be realsitic) but now I'm not so sure I think at least the highest play off position now so 3rd i believe !!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought 12th at the start of the season.

Reckon we'll do better than that but still a long way to go and some good teams to play.

I'll go for 7th or 8th now

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I previously said 7th just missing out on the play offs but i really do now think we will finish inside the play off places. I think our season rests on the trio of Greer, Painter and Calde, as well as Bridcutt staying fit and giving us a platform with which to attack.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Top half of the table would be very respectable.
Play-offs would be excellent.
Automatic promotion a bit of a stretch, but not impossible.

Currently revising my expectations upwards. Somehow I get the impression Tony doesn't want to loiter in this division ...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
West Ham must be there or there abouts after their singing spree but how the team will adapt to Big Sams tactics could be their weak point. Leicester got good players but have they a good team ? Also Seven is naturally cautious and only in it for the money so they may be there at the end but more likely not. Southampton seem strong but haven't really strengthened but bought good players last year so I'd say if we finish above the Saints we will be top 4.

I wouldn't back any other team , Ipswich I don't rate, Middlesboro are skint, Forest in turmoil, Cardiff not the same as last year as they usually start fast and blow it at the end but haven't even done that, Leeds sold all their best players, can't see the likes of Kevin Phillips last all season at Blackpool so can't have them, Hull look poor, Euro football will kill Birmingham who've got rid of all their best players anyway, Palace are shite, Reading sold their goalscorer and depends on how ALF settles and goes up 2 divs, Burnley don't look much cop and Derby have a clown as manager.

If we don't finish top 4 I will be surprised after how we have started and who we have bought, top 2 might be a little bit too much but I can dream and the end of September will be the time to judge our realistic prospects

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I did say 12th. But I'm now leaning towards 7th....and i'll be ruddy delighted with that!!

Really? So you will be delighted that we miss out on the play offs by 1 place???

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
West Ham must be there or there abouts after their singing spree but how the team will adapt to Big Sams tactics could be their weak point. Leicester got good players but have they a good team ? Also Seven is naturally cautious and only in it for the money so they may be there at the end but more likely not. Southampton seem strong but haven't really strengthened but bought good players last year so I'd say if we finish above the Saints we will be top 4.

I wouldn't back any other team , Ipswich I don't rate, Middlesboro are skint, Forest in turmoil, Cardiff not the same as last year as they usually start fast and blow it at the end but haven't even done that, Leeds sold all their best players, can't see the likes of Kevin Phillips last all season at Blackpool so can't have them, Hull look poor, Euro football will kill Birmingham who've got rid of all their best players anyway, Palace are shite, Reading sold their goalscorer and depends on how ALF settles and goes up 2 divs, Burnley don't look much cop and Derby have a clown as manager.

If we don't finish top 4 I will be surprised after how we have started and who we have bought, top 2 might be a little bit too much but I can dream and the end of September will be the time to judge our realistic prospects

Reading your post has just made me believe we can win it!!!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If Vicente plays 15 games or more then we will win the title at a canter. With our best team out, I don't think there is a side in this division who can live with us. I fully FULLY believe we will win the title. Chucked a tenner on it this afternoon.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Guys...
We have played only 5 games and have KEY fixtures over the next month including 3 MASSIVE games within 6 days.

Please stop tempting fate and let's do this thread again after christmas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports