so........ where will we finish this season now?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I think there was a thread before the first game of the season asking the usual how do you think we'll do this season. after the sunderland game i started a thread wondering how people think we'd do then after a great start to the season .

the question is ....now, that we are top of the league , have vicente on board and maybe a loan striker at some point, how do you think we'll do now?

i was surprised people were still saying mid table after the sunderland game and how weve been playing . some people even said pleased to stay up . its funny how expectations change.

for me , before a ball was kicked i thought play offs . after the donny game i wasnt so sure . then after the great run i thought definitely play offs , maybe play off final. NOW....... im starting to dream. can we get promoted

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I think there was a thread before the first game of the season asking the usual how do you think we'll do this season. after the sunderland game i started a thread wondering how people think we'd do then after a great start to the season .

the question is ....now, that we are top of the league , have vicente on board and maybe a loan striker at some point, how do you think we'll do now?

i was surprised people were still saying mid table after the sunderland game and how weve been playing . some people even said pleased to stay up . its funny how expectations change.

for me , before a ball was kicked i thought play offs . after the donny game i wasnt so sure . then after the great run i thought definitely play offs , maybe play off final. NOW....... im starting to dream. can we get promoted

I predicted we would finish 12th, I now reckon 2nd (behind West Ham)!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
See how West Ham and Leicester get on over the next few weeks, both have made some quality signings and it's still hard to look past them.

Play-offs is a definite possibility, I'd still be happy with top 10, it's very easy to get carried away over one player

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
1st or 2nd, have said tis before a ball was kicked and will stick by it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Top 8. If keep clear of injuries and suspensions then a play off chance.

The results have been fantastic, the performances (Cardiff excepted) encouraging, but not outstanding.

We certainly have momentum, but West Ham (by far), Leicester, Stains, Derby, Boro, Cardiff all look useful. If we can stay top 8 by Jan expect Uncle Tony to buy again in next window and then who knows?

---
I am here: Google Maps

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
5th

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
At the start of the season I would have been happy with mid-table, but now I think we can challenge for the play-offs.

It's all about consistency, something that we had bucket loads of last season and we seem to be carrying that trait through into this one.

Exciting times indeed.

:thumbsup:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

The key to success as always will be keeping the squad fit and injury free, we were pretty successful at that last season.With the squad we now have there is no reason we cannot rip this division to pieces and go up as champions, Gus has already got the summer signings playing as a team and scoring goals which is the difficult bit to get right.imho that is.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said 10th during the summer. I am feeling more optimistic but I am not going to change my prediction.....yet!

We have some difficult games coming up. Ask again in a month's time.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Top by at least ten points.....i think i'm going to keep my signature that i had for last season!!!! :cool:

Bloody hell Dan, no pressure then :lolol:

I'll go with play offs, we have done Brilliantly so far and to think Hoskins, Buckley, Harley and Lua Lua have hardly played so far and Vicente El-Abd and Elphick havent kicked a ball for us yet, Players like Navs, Sparrow and Barnes may only be fringe players once all are fit, wow that is some team, but there are other very good teams around too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think I said Top 8 before the start of the season. I now revise that to Top 4, and probably Top 2.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Play offs are minimum expectation as far as I am concerned. Bugger, I am not sure I can quite believe what I am saying. None of this seems for real at the minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports