Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You really are an idiot aren’t you! You didn’t even read my post - I said a downgrade on Maupay NOT Muzza so you complete misread and then go off on one!!!

And how on earth can you call me out for watching Muzza for one game?? I’ve watched virtually every game he’s played over the last 15 years (except the scum years obvs)
So I think I’m well qualified to spot a decline

Hmmm... same points re Maupay... and, yes, Muzza is in decline: at least you got that right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Couldn't disagree more with your post.

Murray, rightly, would not have featured this season as he didn't really last season. He is simply not up to playing in the premier league anymore as other clubs know so him leaving makes no difference at all to our striker search.

And Wilson, at nearly 29, after 2 ACL injuries and 3 goals in 29 games is also not what we needed at all for the money he would have cost and with no resale value. People are praising Newcastle's business but I think him and Fraser are big mistakes.

Watkins I would have liked but definitely not at that money Villa are paying. I am happier where we are now than if we had signed Wilson or Watkins for that amount of money.

We clearly do want to sign a striker and I hope we do sign Brewster or another similarly promising striker but I would rather stick with what we have than waste money on one who won't actually improve us.

I agree (and said it before) that Villa overpaid for Watkins. But would have been a great signing for better money.

On the other hand, C Wilson is a great signing IMHO, and most posters on here are definitely dismissing him too early.

As for Muzza, I have said previously he should go, but, IMHO, ONLY AFTER we had signed a new striker. FYI, I also criticised us stupidly giving him another year last season.

So, are our opinions that far apart?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You have inside knowledge of our budget, nice. And we have used it all up?

I did not say either of those things.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I just think it's downright WEIRD that the club is happy to trade keepers and CBs all day long, ANYTHING except address the key issue that has thrown a long shadow over our entire EPL tenure. Won't even dignify it by stating the bleedin obvious

:goal:

Agreed. It is just ludicrous

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
To all those demanding the club sign a striker no matter what the cost ........ how about you put your hand in your wallet and pay the £20million+ your demands require

very easy to spend someone else's money .... while the club is its supporters , the supporters in the end have little or no say on how things are done , Mr Bloom is the owner and financier of the club especially in these times of covid-19

yes its frustrating to sit by the computer/smart phone waiting for something to happen getting on a fans forum and ranting & raving wont change anything except your blood pressure

the club knows its budget , it knows its targets , if a target is within budget then I am sure they will make a move

Who on here has said ‘I demand we sign a striker at any cost’!? Nobody at all TBF

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm more surprised by the amount of people falling for this schtick.

TSB & Spence would be so proud of this top quality WUM (assuming they aren't all one of the same)

In fairness he's played it well.

- Tap into something we all are a little anxious about.
- Purposefully misrepresent the clubs approach to all transfer activity.
- Attach value to a leaving legend, who has no value.
- Feed off all the past failings.

It's a work of genius, BW must be killing himself laughing at all the wet mattress' he's creating.

I :salute: you sir.

Thank you. I aim to please.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Milik does look the tits on his highlight reel and has the physicality to transfer easily into the PL. There’s something great about watching left footed strikers (Bobby being a good example). This won’t happen, but if it did it would really elevate us into a solid Premier League team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I suspect that will be the case. He is chief bore. Might be nice if the mods could ban him from certain threads, because about half the posts on a host of them are his relentless drivel.

How rude. You just want everyone to agree with you, then I am sure you would be less bored, your arrogance shines through, congratulations [emoji3060]

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Who on here has said ‘I demand we sign a striker at any cost’!? Nobody at all TBF

Did I actually name any names ? did I mention you specifically ? are you the only one demanding a striker be signed ?

and yes you come over as "demanding" & "throwing your toys out the pram" because things are not being done to your liking .... your entitled to your opinion I am just pointing out its not your money to spend or your decision to make so you might as well stop with all the negativity as it wont change anything

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How is that? 30m plus wages on a player that adds nothing to the team is much more of a waste than 0 cost and 0 wages adding nothing to the team.

And what if that 0 cost now ends up costing us £150m come next August?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
First time I’ve seen us linked with Origi (Turkish journo with 70k followers). I’d have thought he was pretty much exactly the sort of striker we’d be looking for...

https://twitter.com/ekremkonur/status/1304875010289475589?s=21

Emre Belözoğlu met with Liverpool managers to hire Divock Origi

Liverpool will allow a €15m fee and on the condition of compulsory purchase option

He also wants to sign Origi at Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham.

Would be great signing but cant see Liverpool letting him go.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We are down to 2. We should have 4. 2 of the 4 should be of sufficient quality to hit 10 goals. The other 2 should be contributing to the goal count 2. We are desperate.
Early on we were down to 2 plus an a 37 year old who despite his great service to the club in the past contributed sweet f all. We have a striker who we have not used correctly who outperformed Muzza last season so we are in no worse position than for most of 19/20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here