Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Appreciate your attempts at social media influencing as always. But judging OUR top scorers against OUR previous top scorers is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things tho eh? To state the bleeding obvious, the yardstick is the rest of the division

So sometimes we do sign strikers you don’t have to Google then - agreed.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
For what it’s worth I bumped into Michel Kuipers in Starbucks Haywards Heath this morning and he seemed confident the club has someone lined up (and it’s not a youngster)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For what it’s worth I bumped into Michel Kuipers in Starbucks Haywards Heath this morning and he seemed confident the club has someone lined up (and it’s not a youngster)

Does he still work for the club? I guess he was just stating the obvious / hoping like the rest of us if not?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lol...what would be the point of signing a striker that was better than nothing...a pure waste of a squad place and wages ...

“What position do you play son” “striker” “Scored any goals?” “None”...”That’s ok as long as you are a striker”

Hmmm

Where do I sign up? I’ve retired from international football if that helps?

OK, if you prefer pedantry, let me reword my post.

They don't need to be better than Maupay, they need to be better than sticking someone who is not a striker but is still a professional footballer we own into an up front role they aren't used to playing and quite possibly don't have the skills to pull off in one of the most challenging leagues in the world where we are likely to find chances hard to come by most weeks and need someone to put away with regularity.

That suit you chaps better?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

They don't need to be better than Maupay, they need to be better than sticking someone who is not a striker but is still a professional footballer we own into an up front role they aren't used to playing and quite possibly don't have the skills to pull off in one of the most challenging leagues in the world where we are likely to find chances hard to come by most weeks and need someone to put away with regularity.

Not really, I’ve just resigned from the day job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh bless .. not pedantry sunshine more like let’s not go for the equivalent of Leon Best or Barn Door Billy .. but I agree with your point about not better than ... maybe different attributes?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
2+2 = whatever you want

King not in B'muff squad today
Grant not in Hudders squad today
Benhrani (spelt wrong I know) not in Brentford squad today

probably a few others around Europe could be added to M.I.A strikers union

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suspect that will be the case. He is chief bore. Might be nice if the mods could ban him from certain threads, because about half the posts on a host of them are his relentless drivel.

A dangerous precedent.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I saw that Josh King wasn't in the Bournemouth squad today and wondered whether we might be in for him. I know some are a bit meh about him but Man Utd were after him last year. I think he'd fit our style of play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pukki still now quite down to his level, yet. :lolol:

0-0 away at Huddersfield.

(second half hattrick coming up)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So let's be clear here. You are accusing the club (Barber) of stupidity.

Barber out?

Well, I believe Muzza should have gone AFTER we signed a striker. Also, we need to 100% focus on signing a decent striker. Barber is a smart cookie, obviously... I would never say Barber out...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And that is the problem with 95% of your posts......chill out

Seriously, I will post what I like. If you and others don’t like it, then tough. IIRC correctly I am as entitled to my opinion as you and everyone else here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here