Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In south America, you can't be arrested for taking it as it's seen as religious.

Ill stick with weed :) You would have to try hard to be arrested for it here!

Now weed is proven to be religious.

Anybody up a mountain with a burning bush who says he spoke to god was definitely out of it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The miracle of life on this planet, and an intelligent life form that is trying to understand the universe is hard to explain whether you believe in God or not.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The miracle of life on this planet, and an intelligent life form that is trying to understand the universe is hard to explain whether you believe in God or not.

I will never try to explain or understand it. Im here. Thats it really.
Was it Sagan who said something about, we owe our existence to a random collision between stars billions of years ago

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
A metaphor for what purpose?

Are you saying:

A) There were no plagues and the story was made up by man?

B) There was a plague but more were added to embelish the story by man?

C) The number of plagues were true but nothing to do with God?

D) The number of plagues were true and God issued them?

E) Another option of your choice?

I haven't studied this. So prepare for BS.

It looks metaphorical language in some parts.
'Rivers of blood' sprang to mind for the 1st one. Weird how when a modern guy says it, it's assumed to be metaphorical, but when you read it you assume the meaning is meant to be literal.

Overall, and i only skimmed it, It looks like the history of an arab tribe written by some of its priests. Which weirdly enough is exactly what it is. So we'd expect some embellishment, that they are the chosen blah blah's etc.
That god is on their side.
I expect without going to the ancient greek, and understanding the cultural context, we won't see many of the metaphors. One that does look possible is about the flies, beelzebub, lord of the flies, was the phoenician god if i recall correctly, so maybe they started raiding or something?

But, i don't know, why are you asking? Doesn't seem like you really care.

If you want to see some churches that appear to oppose your view of what christians are and think, have a look at this page:

http://www.pcnbritain.org.uk/

You may get a more rounded view of things.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Spiritual people connect to spirit with their own spirits hence "spiritual". This is a feeling and an experience. Someone who hasn't experienced this will not understand this because they expect to use their brain to understand things and you can't use a physical organ to understand something beyond the physical.

which part of your physical reality did this "feeling" or "spirit" emanate from?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There's noting worse than an Athiest stuffing his views down your throat with no intention of giving another perspective a chance.

I thought Religion was bad for this?

it is sweetheart. the more construcvtive types on here are trying to save you from yourself.
that is all, we don't actually care

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Many say that God does not intervene, however God did when it came to the 10 plagues in Exodus. http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/epidemics/tp/10PlaguesEgypt.htm

I am sure this will be explained to me why he could then but doesn't anymore?

Has thee changed ones mind on the rules because if God can create plagues God must surely be able to rid humanity of cancer and any other fatal disease or viruses.

Maybe we are still being punished for our ancestors sins?

we maybe praying to the wrong god, or gods,
make some shit up quick; it maybe worth a whizz

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I thought DMT was a chemical we also have in our brain? The 'drug' the indigenous tribes use is called Ayahuasca. To make Ayahausca requires a mixture of plants. Scientists to this day are amazed how the indigenous tribes were able to come up with this recipe when considering the amount of different variants of plants in their terrain and the huge odds of combining the specific plants. The ayahuasca users claim a Spirit directed them to the specific plants to make 'Ayahuasca.'
I've even heard they're now sending alcoholics and drug addicts to these tribes in hope the drug/experience will cure their illness/addiction. Apparently the success rate is very good.

i didn't know the chemical DMT occurred naturally in the brain.
this serendipity strikes me as yet more evidence of trial and error over hundreds of thousands of years of evolution

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I will never try to explain or understand it. Im here. Thats it really.
Was it Sagan who said something about, we owe our existence to a random collision between stars billions of years ago

you are understanding with your deeds dude, not so much your words.
good shit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here