Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Anything to get the crowd going is worth a try.Let's get some flags,banners,flares etc and create some real atmosphere.

Shame it's not allowed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm not usually a fan of such things but on this occasion I'm in the pro camp.
A decent drummer as a focus for unfashionable and protracted vocal support? Hell yeah!!!

Edit: but flares can just do one. Bloody dangerous!

DavePage

Oh go on then:

attachment.php
It’s rude to snare

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I think a research unit should be sent to games around Europe to see how other fans whip up some atmosphere.

Let's try the Napoli and Lazio Ultras and Galatasaray to start with.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Phoney atmosphere = phoney fans. Let's keep it real!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Like some others, I am slowly coming round but I'll stress the key reason is that I think a beat could keep songs properly-paced and, maybe, enable multiple stands to be co-ordinated.

Currently most songs experience extreme acceleration to the point it's not possible to actually get words out as the speed reached is just too fast.

Totally agree with this. I'm in West Stand Upper (north end) and love to join in with the singing but it is increasingly frustrating the hell out of me that collectively everyone is trying to finish the song as quickly as possible and results in people finishing at different times - sometimes I just give up because of the extreme speed at which the songs are being sung. Something needs to change to sort this out - I rarely hear any other sets of supporters racing through their songs like we do and they come across much better than us when they all sing in unison. For this reason I am in favour of a drum if it helps restore some bloody order to our singing !

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If someone is capable of doing a good job with a drum, and it worked with the crowd, I'd think that same person could do their apprenticeship leading the north stand without a drum.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't believe I'm saying this, but YES.

It is a crying shame that we need it though, I just don't understand why people can't keep in time to simple football songs, it's pathetic. It's really not that hard.

A drum would hopefully sort out the ridiculous speed that some of our songs are sung at.

Two things though- one, it needs to be a proper drummer who knows what he is doing, not some spotty oil from the nsk, and two, never ever ever at away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really think some fans are being a bit precious about this and also over-analysing the thoughts of what is cringey or embarrassing. Was the boro support on Saturday an embarrassment? Is the atmosphere at Dortmund, Portland timber, Boca juniours etc an embarrassment because they have a drum? Seriously, ask yourself that question.

I am getting fed up with Brighton fans complete and utter inability to give anything a go, try a new song, get an atmosphere going or sing in time with each other. If you really think that Boro was cringey because they had a drum then you are a bit dim to be honest.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I really think some fans are being a bit precious about this and also over-analysing the thoughts of what is cringey or embarrassing. Was the boro support on Saturday an embarrassment? Is the atmosphere at Dortmund, Portland timber, Boca juniours etc an embarrassment because they have a drum? Seriously, ask yourself that question.

I am getting fed up with Brighton fans complete and utter inability to give anything a go, try a new song, get an atmosphere going or sing in time with each other. If you really think that Boro was cringey because they had a drum then you are a bit dim to be honest.

And to be fair they did it well, I can only remember hearing it on a few occasions as the noise from the fans was louder, unlike places like Watford or Doncaster, for example, when you can only hear the drum

Wow two votes different, never has a drum poll been so close

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can't believe I'm saying this, but YES.

It is a crying shame that we need it though, I just don't understand why people can't keep in time to simple football songs, it's pathetic. It's really not that hard.

A drum would hopefully sort out the ridiculous speed that some of our songs are sung at.

Two things though- one, it needs to be a proper drummer who knows what he is doing, not some spotty oil from the nsk, and two, never ever ever at away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my view. I do not particularly want a drum but it has become a necessity, Albion fans have had 5 years at the Amex to get it sorted and they still can't sing in time. together or the right tempo. 50% of the fans can't even read the words to our anthem off a ****ing screen.

So, I see no harm in trialing it. A very good drummer on the shelf to co-ordinate between the West and the north. If people absolutely hate it then fine. Get rid.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
... A very good drummer on the shelf to co-ordinate between the West and the north. If people absolutely hate it then fine. Get rid.

I am not in favour at all, but if we had to have one, it should not be on the shelf. It needs to be in the middle of the north stand... to try and drag the factions in a vaguely similar direction. The rest of the ground will follow if the North is united, loud enough and sings at a sensible speed (I am not holding my breath on any of these!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here