Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bloody hell this is close.I am all for a fair vote, but like a lot of other older ones, this would stop me going after supporting the club for over 50 years, even Archer, Bellotti and Gillingham did not stop me, but this would. Drums have no place in football grounds, As said ask the true Palace fans, they loathe it. We are superb supporters, praised by many, we don't need plastic additions, just support the team like we do, and that is fine. Please other old gits, let stop this nonsense and Vote No know......Please
You are not alone. If I wanted to be a German I'd go and live there.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Bloody hell this is close.I am all for a fair vote, but like a lot of other older ones, this would stop me going after supporting the club for over 50 years, even Archer, Bellotti and Gillingham did not stop me, but this would. Drums have no place in football grounds, As said ask the true Palace fans, they loathe it. We are superb supporters, praised by many, we don't need plastic additions, just support the team like we do, and that is fine. Please other old gits, let stop this nonsense and Vote No know......Please

I'm with you Bobby !

Despite a perceived correlation between those in the 'Drums are annoying, embarrassingly tin-pot, Reading-esque' camp, and being an old fart ... I do think common sense will prevail in the end.

A lot of us suffered severe emotional turmoil at Boro, which understandably affects our ability to think rationally.

Once the cloud of Ramirez and Dean has lifted and we come through victorious against Wednesday, to a tumultuous chorus of 'Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley', I'm sure this will all be forgotten.

:)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Really? REALLY? You would stop going to the football because there is a drum there. Absolutely pathetic.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Really? REALLY? You would stop going to the football because there is a drum there. Absolutely pathetic.

All about opinions, I think having a drum is pathetic as well, we all have our choices. Did anyone go to the England U21 game ?, if they did, think they would vote no as it was a relentless drone. Honestly if the votes goes that way, I will just go to away games, but not ones with drummers, if I am pathetic, fine, but probably been to a lot more games than you and based my thoughts on what I have experienced. If you want to hear a drummer. go and watch Royal Blood, who are superb by the way.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Thing is a constant drum would be well annoying. or a drum on a Monday night game v burton!

but, if any went to boro, their drummer was absolutely spot on - just knew when and when not to get things started - drowned us out, and kept the pace and noise levels right

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I stood right next to the Boro fans and didn't hear a word of any of their songs. It was a tuneless drone with a relentless and irritating drum beat.

Let's not make the same mistake. It sounds gash.

That's pretty much what I heard too.
Yes, it was loud, but a relentless thud, and the sound of 'Follow, follow, follow ...' on repeat, ad infinitum, isn't the wonderful atmosphere I'd be looking to recreate at the Amex.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
All about opinions, I think having a drum is pathetic as well, we all have our choices. Did anyone go to the England U21 game ?, if they did, think they would vote no as it was a relentless drone. Honestly if the votes goes that way, I will just go to away games, but not ones with drummers, if I am pathetic, fine, but probably been to a lot more games than you and based my thoughts on what I have experienced. If you want to hear a drummer. go and watch Royal Blood, who are superb by the way.

I do not think YOU are pathetic but I would find it pathetic if someone stopped going to the football all because of an occasional drummer. I am not advocating a consistent drone either, more an occasional beat to keep signing in time. Like you say, there is a difference between some goon hitting a drum over and over compared to the way Boro used it on Saturday. Oh yes, agree with Royal Blood by the way :)

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I do not think YOU are pathetic but I would find it pathetic if someone stopped going to the football all because of an occasional drummer. I am not advocating a consistent drone either, more an occasional beat to keep signing in time. Like you say, there is a difference between some goon hitting a drum over and over compared to the way Boro used it on Saturday. Oh yes, agree with Royal Blood by the way :)

Think you would get a constant drone, all games I have been to that have had drummers, have been ruined for me, as I love a good atmosphere, as said if it get voted in, then so be it, but not for me and think thousands of others, think maybe this is the 'kids' voting, as i really cant imagine the adults voting for it. Have you been to Selhurst ?, say no more, just plan awful. As stated I have many Palace mates, ok older ones, who actually hate the 'constant drone' as they call it.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
How many people on here and in the wider public cite Germany as a great inspiration for atmosphere and wish we could be more like them? I hate to break it to those of you who who are anti drum, but basically EVERY German team has a drum

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How many people on here and in the wider public cite Germany as a great inspiration for atmosphere and wish we could be more like them? I hate to break it to those of you who who are anti drum, but basically EVERY German team has a drum

I don't know how many? (Never heard anyone say that)

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
To say the band who play at England games or use to are/were annoying is an understatement.I cannot stand listening to the constant tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here