Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smartphones

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i got the HTC desire, not the HD one though.
i love it, best phone ive EVER had

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
THe desire gets another vote based purely on specs. Mindblowing.

However anoterh phone iv'e had reccomended to me and that i'm buying for christmas is the Acer Liquid A1, ships with 1.6 but upgrade to 2.1 is free andi'm sure some hackers will shoehorn 2.2 on there. Snappy phone and looks great.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have the Motorola Dext (which is Android) it's okay but i am sure there are better ones.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Mug, get an iphone, it wanks over all other phones

Android is a far more flexible platform and no. Fragmentation is not a problem (despite what a CEO said about how hard it must have been for another company to develop tweetdeck who's name and company escape me).

The Android Market place is growing and will take the App store over in terms of numbers of apps over by Q4 of next year i'd guess. Particularly if Gingerbread brings things to the table that can be used across the board (tablet and phones) which it is widely rumoured and now almost taken as god given truth as doing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have the Desire too and love it. I also have the ability to write programs/games for it, but I've not given it a go yet - but apparently it's not difficult.

I never used the camera much on old phones, but I have taken a close-up picture of my cats on this one, and having bluetoothed it to my laptop and used it as my wallpaper, the quality looks fantastic to me - even blown up to 14.1 size. Angry Birds is a must.

Oh, you can make phone calls too !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im sticking with my beautiful HTC Legend..
Despite the trend here that gives credo to the older phones..
Seen some real bricks on the metro.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Nexus 2 or S should arriving soon (next few weeks) which will be running the new Android Gingerbread, the hype and specs look like they gonna blow the Desire HD away with rumours of a 1.2Ghz DUAL CORE processor running a 4.5inch 1080p Super AMOLED screen

:wow:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HTC or iPhone. Both are MILES ahead of any other smartphones.

For me iPhone edges it, but as a former HTC user I can definitely see why some people would go for the latter.

As for the comment about Android marketplace overtaking Apple re: apps - that's an insane suggestion. I will definitely have a bet on that with you.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
HTC or iPhone. Both are MILES ahead of any other smartphones.

ahem

The SAMSUNG Nexus 2 or S should arriving soon (next few weeks) which will be running the new Android Gingerbread, the hype and specs look like they gonna blow the Desire HD away with rumours of a 1.2Ghz DUAL CORE processor running a 4.5inch 1080p Super AMOLED screen..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here