Smartphones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
It certainly looks nice. Screen supposed to be very good. How are you finding it?

To be honest Phil I love it, it feels great, battery life is good, internet, e-mail is fine, games etc is the best I’ve seen but we all say that about our own individual phones don’t we, we’ll all have an opinion on what is best or worse, I’m happy with it, it does the job.

Does your phone live up to your expectation Phil ?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
To be honest Phil I love it, it feels great, battery life is good, internet, e-mail is fine, games etc is the best I’ve seen but we all say that about our own individual phones don’t we, we’ll all have an opinion on what is best or worse, I’m happy with it, it does the job.

Does your phone live up to your expectation Phil ?

Haven't upgraded yet. Usually jump in feet first and just get the first one that looks good and usually end up realising I could've got better, so this time I'm doing a bit of research.

So far, it looks like it's going to be the HTC Desire HD.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
Haven't upgraded yet. Usually jump in feet first and just get the first one that looks good and usually end up realising I could've got better, so this time I'm doing a bit of research.

So far, it looks like it's going to be the HTC Desire HD.

I keep reading in this thread about this so called ‘ HTC Desire HD’ but never heard of it before, is it nokia, Samsung etc?

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I've had the HTC Desire HD for a few weeks now and love it.
The battery life is not the best, but as others have said, you just change some of the settings on your apps. For instance, I had the BBC News and Sky News widgets that updated every half hour. Changed it to every couple of hours and did similar with other apps. No problem lasting through the day now.
I love the bigger screen too, but go into a shop and make sure it feels comfortable to you first. If it's too big for you, try the Samsung Galaxy S. Both phones have similar specs and fast internet access, HD, Android Market apps etc. The Samsung has greater internal memory but the HTC Desire HD has a better camera. I got an 8gb memory card free with my phone so no issue there.
Negatives for the HTC Desire HD are the sim/memory card cover on the back. Very difficult to get off, but if you can just leave this be, then it's not a problem. The one-piece aluminium outer casing is pretty smart, but the edge around the screen is slightly raised which could have been tweaked a bit.
The external speaker is nowhere near as good as my previous Nokia N97 so if you play music without headphones, it's a bit tinny. With headphones the Dolby is great!
Overall, a good competitor for the iphone. I would definitely recommend either the HTC Desire HD or the Samsung Galaxy S.
With reference to the iphone, the iphone 5 is coming out next year and the specs are expected to blow the current iphone models out of the water, so if you are on an 18 or 24 month contract with an iphone, prepare to look on enviously.
I hope that helps,

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I've had the HTC Desire HD for a few weeks now and love it.
The battery life is not the best, but as others have said, you just change some of the settings on your apps. For instance, I had the BBC News and Sky News widgets that updated every half hour. Changed it to every couple of hours and did similar with other apps. No problem lasting through the day now.
I love the bigger screen too, but go into a shop and make sure it feels comfortable to you first. If it's too big for you, try the Samsung Galaxy S. Both phones have similar specs and fast internet access, HD, Android Market apps etc. The Samsung has greater internal memory but the HTC Desire HD has a better camera. I got an 8gb memory card free with my phone so no issue there.
Negatives for the HTC Desire HD are the sim/memory card cover on the back. Very difficult to get off, but if you can just leave this be, then it's not a problem. The one-piece aluminium outer casing is pretty smart, but the edge around the screen is slightly raised which could have been tweaked a bit.
The external speaker is nowhere near as good as my previous Nokia N97 so if you play music without headphones, it's a bit tinny. With headphones the Dolby is great!
Overall, a good competitor for the iphone. I would definitely recommend either the HTC Desire HD or the Samsung Galaxy S.
With reference to the iphone, the iphone 5 is coming out next year and the specs are expected to blow the current iphone models out of the water, so if you are on an 18 or 24 month contract with an iphone, prepare to look on enviously.
I hope that helps,

Thank you. I think that's just about sealed the deal for me :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports