Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smartphones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I heard you the first time.

I have a Desire HD, arrived on Tuesday. My first proper smartphone, so new to the whole thing, but it is AMAZING. The camera is good, have already installed c20 apps to do various things, the only issue I have is the battery life. At the moment it's not lasting through the day, although they say these things should be judged after 10 days, so I'm hoping it'll settle down.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have a Desire HD, arrived on Tuesday. My first proper smartphone, so new to the whole thing, but it is AMAZING. The camera is good, have already installed c20 apps to do various things, the only issue I have is the battery life. At the moment it's not lasting through the day, although they say these things should be judged after 10 days, so I'm hoping it'll settle down.

Have you conquered Angry Birds yet ? You're not a proper user til you do.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
HTC or iPhone. Both are MILES ahead of any other smartphones.

For me iPhone edges it, but as a former HTC user I can definitely see why some people would go for the latter.

As for the comment about Android marketplace overtaking Apple re: apps - that's an insane suggestion. I will definitely have a bet on that with you.

he did say originally he didnt want an iphone..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Battery life does seem to be a constant issue, but I easily get a couple of days out of one charge with average use just by switching off the 3G / Wireless. I activate it as and when I'm going to use it (piece of piss, its 1 button). I also deactivate 'background data', again just switching on as and when I use it. Otherwise that stuff just eats the battery up when the phone is sitting idle.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Any good recommendations?

I don't want an iPhone - probably going to go for an Android phone.

Anyone got an HTC Desire HD out there?

Thank you :thumbsup:
Why don't you want an iPhone?

I've got it, but only completed the first few levels thus far; I shall keep at it!

Battery life does seem to be a constant issue, but I easily get a couple of days out of one charge with average use just by switching off the 3G / Wireless. I activate it as and when I'm going to use it (piece of piss, its 1 button). I also deactivate 'background data', again just switching on as and when I use it. Otherwise that stuff just eats the battery up when the phone is sitting idle.

Thanks Easy, that's good to know. I've googled a bit and found that there's a very hand widget to do all this (as you probably know) called Power Control.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
No battery probs with my iPhone despite being wireless and 3G enabled all day.

:fishing:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks Easy, that's good to know. I've googled a bit and found that there's a very hand widget to do all this (as you probably know) called Power Control.

Yup, thats the kiddy. Just drag that power control widget sucker up onto one of your screens and bobs yer knob.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010

Not yet, find some levels hard and takes me a day or two to solve one screen. Brought a Samsung galaxy ’S’ last week, really like it, anyone else got one?

Yup, thats the kiddy. Just drag that power control widget sucker up onto one of your screens and bobs yer knob.

One other thing I've just found out; to check what's draining the battery, go Settings - About Phone - Battery - Battery Use to find out what's draining your battery. I've just discovered that 82% of my battery use since this morning (when I unplugged it) has been from some app that I'm hardly ever going to use. I've uninstalled that and now it's 55% display, 10% maps and a tiny amount on running android, using wireless, etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why don't you want an iPhone?

Apparently, there is an unauthorised premature ejaculation app which activates near other smartphones......:blush:

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
So I take it that the Samsung Galaxy S is shit then? Well, all I hear on this thread is, this phone is amazing, this one is better and this and that but. Feck sake, is my phone ok or is it shit, be honest, dam you lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here