Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small sections of our away support at FGR

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Some proper bell ends in attendance last night, have to say it was a small minority though.

Watched the first half from around the half way line, 3 spotty teens just constantly throwing abuse around, mainly at the assistant referee for being bald and then bizarrely the FGR media lad abusing him for having a ‘shit camera’ just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse he started shouting ‘well done Julian’ instead of Julio and acknowledging his mistake, made a note on his phone to add another pound the the kitty these idiots has running for mistakes relating to chants. Give me strength.

Decided to give them a swerve second half and headed down towards the tea bar, only to have to endure 45 mins of moronic abuse from some pissed up little rat who’s chant of ‘Bernard your a c**t’ seemed to show the full range of his vocabulary.

We really do have some embarrassing morons supposedly supporting our club.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I generally think each generation / society throughout 20th century into current has got progressively worse. Less respectful. More selfish. Less dutiful. More individualistic. Less caring. More depressed. It’s no wonder really. Everything that binds people together has been eroded. Divisions exacerbated. Stresses magnified. Rest of this century does not look great. I feel my parents generation were luckier than I. And mine are definitely luckier than the next. Anyone being born now…I fear for this generation. They’re inheriting a world so filled with catastrophic scenarios that frankly only global revolutions (which tend to be bloody) and a whole reset can remotely begin to tackle.

https://historyhustle.com/2500-years-of-people-complaining-about-the-younger-generation/

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some proper bell ends in attendance last night, have to say it was a small minority though.

Watched the first half from around the half way line, 3 spotty teens just constantly throwing abuse around, mainly at the assistant referee for being bald and then bizarrely the FGR media lad abusing him for having a ‘shit camera’ just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse he started shouting ‘well done Julian’ instead of Julio and acknowledging his mistake, made a note on his phone to add another pound the the kitty these idiots has running for mistakes relating to chants. Give me strength.

Decided to give them a swerve second half and headed down towards the tea bar, only to have to endure 45 mins of moronic abuse from some pissed up little rat who’s chant of ‘Bernard your a c**t’ seemed to show the full range of his vocabulary.

We really do have some embarrassing morons supposedly supporting our club.

One thing swearing in the moment after something happens. Another when repetitively shouting extreme profanities and the game isn’t well, much of a game or fixture to merit that. I mean, screaming at Haha as he slots home the 90th minute winner and goads the North Stand, I think everyone would expect the air to turn a bit blue. FGR away? In the League Cup? On a balmy August evening with a Vegan pie…? Agree, some very special morons out there embarrassing themselves. Sounds like someone who’d received a slap from a fellow fan in the old days and told to know his place!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
True , it also doesn’t help that society seems to want to quash a man being a man so these lads are exaggerating the very actions that’s is part of them. The reality is men are still mostly alpha despite what is preached . They just need to be allowed and accepted to be what they are without over stepping the mark into bell ends. Otherwise it’s just putting a false lid on things . It will always blow .

It’s a perfect shit storm in many ways

Very true IMO.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have tried most things in my time and still enjoy a drink but nothing tops the thrill of us winning away at places like Arsenal and Tottenham (and I am sure Old Trafford but I wasn't there).

Problem is with people on coke is when they come into contact with people who aren't on it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Might be my imagination, but seems to have a got a LOT worse over recent seasons, probably due to coke. Don't go to many away games, but when I do there's usually a bunch of these morons making it pretty unpleasant for those unfortunate enough to be near them. As someone posted earlier, the joy of tearracing in the old days was that you could just move away from the idiots if you had to.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why is everyone presuming they were on coke, between the ages of 16-25 I really could not afford coke, I opted for cheaper versions like speed…

Seriously, though I did some whizz just before a game at Orient away in the toilets that got smashed up in a boozer round the corner from the ground (nothing to do with me) around 97/98. I went with a rockabilly mate from Camden who did not like football, we’d been out Friday night and were going straight out after the match so we dropped an e just before we left as well. That’s the only time I’ve done drugs at football, I’d like to think I was well behaved, I’m not an aggressive type, I’ve never shouted swear words at opposition players, I don’t even stand up to have to prove I hate palace.
It was a one off and had mitigating circumstance my lord, we were all young, dumb, and a bit boisterous once, sometimes we forget what we were like.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is it football as it ever was?

Yes, there's always been bellends. But I suppose the difference is the proportion of bellends? in the past you could accurately use the phrase tiny minority. Not sure that applies any more.

The best example is England fans. There's been disorder going back years, of course there has, but it's the numbers. A few dozen or couple of hundred causing disorder in Charleroi or somewhere is depressing, but nothing you can't sort out with the judicious use of watercannon. The wake up to English football really should have been the disorder at Wembley for the euros. When the disorder is involving thousands of people, you can no longer really say It's a tiny minority.

I should say of course there's a huge difference between, what happened at Forest Green and what happened at Wembley, i'm not conflating the two, I just think the proportions of people who openly engage in antisocial behaviour have got noticeably worse in the last few years and I think both are for similar reasons. The increase in cocaine use in stadia. The divisive, attention seeking and normalisation of extremity on social media. The general levels of anger and division we have in our society.

I agree with the person who was saying that the answer in the short term is to video whatever you see and send it to them club. Thankfully at the moment, it does only seem to happen during specific events
If you go back to the Wembley situation these weren’t ‘ football lads ‘ trying to rush the turnstiles in fact they tried to keep the knobheads out. I wouldn’t even class any of this nonsense as football disorder you wouldn’t see any different outside the local nightclub. If a few teens on gear is as bad as it gets these days then football has come along way since the 70’s 80’s.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wonder if these types can’t get tickets for away league games but it was easier in the Carabao against a lower league side mid-week?

They sound like a group most would have encountered at PL away games. If you've been away regularly you'll know who I mean. Young and stupid like many of us on here were 30 or so years ago.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I generally think each generation / society throughout 20th century into current has got progressively worse. Less respectful. More selfish. Less dutiful. More individualistic. Less caring. More depressed. It’s no wonder really. Everything that binds people together has been eroded. Divisions exacerbated. Stresses magnified. Rest of this century does not look great. I feel my parents generation were luckier than I. And mine are definitely luckier than the next. Anyone being born now…I fear for this generation. They’re inheriting a world so filled with catastrophic scenarios that frankly only global revolutions (which tend to be bloody) and a whole reset can remotely begin to tackle.

As a teacher of many years I completely disagree with this. Most kids are absolutely fine - polite and respectful, and in fact certainly more tuned in to serious issues like climate change than previous generations. The percentage of kids who act as you describe hasn't really changed. Come on - look at football violence in the 70s and 80s for example! The old chestnut of kids being more unruly than previous generations and being victimised in the media has been happening for hundreds of years - certainly since the industrial revolution and urbanisation at least. Gangs of youths roaming the streets in cities up and down the land like the scuttlers in Manchester in the victorian times.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Clearly after supporting the club for 50 years and being nearly 60 I’m going to have a different view than many others, but I have to say the behaviour of a small section of our support last night shocked and disappointed me.

Pissed up/Coked up whatever, what enjoyment can you get from constantly singing infantile Albion themed songs, some of which didn’t properly rhyme 😂, constantly swearing, I doubt they even remember the game this morning, let alone the goals.

Maybe it was the surroundings, minimal coppers, limited stewarding, but I can’t recall people being allowed to behave in this manner at the EPL away games Ive attended in the last 5 years?

It’s why I’ve mostly stopped going to away games - it’s no longer a fun experience.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you go back to the Wembley situation these weren’t ‘ football lads ‘ trying to rush the turnstiles in fact they tried to keep the knobheads out. I wouldn’t even class any of this nonsense as football disorder you wouldn’t see any different outside the local nightclub. If a few teens on gear is as bad as it gets these days then football has come along way since the 70’s 80’s.

Are you seriously suggesting that thousands of feral deliguents with flares up their arses routinely rush nightclubs?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hmmm, not sure I’d say that’s an intelligent incontestable source of opinion as opposed to, observing through your own eyes and ears over many decades supported by a general consensus amongst f&f also lived through last 100+ years. Was the author aged 13 and 3/4’s per chance?

The point is, every older generation believes the world is going downhill, as evidenced by the way the young behave. Most young people get a bit obnoxious in a group when away from the eyes of family, and always have done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here