Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small sections of our away support at FGR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not sure. I feel there is a difference, less respect, more entitlement, more rowdiness , less awareness of others. I also do not think it's just youngsters, I have seen many grown adults behave like this. It's often background low-level anti-social behaviour, but I feel the background level to what is now acceptable has risen slightly.

Yeah, I reckon that is how most older generations of the past has felt, "I know our elders said it about us, but this time it's real".

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t go to away games anymore but the last time I did I was totally embarrassed….. My group of 60 year old and their sons were the worst behaved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If only this perceived lack of respect, etc, was translated into taking some real action! I cannot understand how/why the younger generation seem so happy with their lot....huge student debt, little chance of buying a home, piss-poor pension (probably not on their radar yet), crap public transport, a government which doesn't give a f*ck about destroying the planet, etc, etc. When will people start being a lot MORE anti-social?

Because the vast majority of people in any generation are good and law abiding. At any time in history there’ll always be low life’s who trash public facilities, litter, punch strangers, destroy the lives of neighbours through anti social behaviour. The rest aren’t going to riot because New Labour brought in student loans or oversaw part of the huge rise in property prices in SE England.

Blokes in their 20’s and 30’s are increasingly getting into cocaine, MDMA or speed across all of Europe. South Americans have flooded Europe with cocaine for the last 10 years, which is then processed in The Netherlands and Spain for example (the police keep finding labs). It’s become the trendy drug of choice of the young, 30’s etc, usually males, often middle class.

62A77622-BF51-4F68-9458-AD08D1EF7E1D.png

B72888DD-230E-49D9-AD19-12386204B498.png

The point is, every older generation believes the world is going downhill, as evidenced by the way the young behave. Most young people get a bit obnoxious in a group when away from the eyes of family, and always have done.

Yep I’m sure this kind of thread pops up pretty regular on here, moral panics are as English as a full fry up. I’ve not admittedly done an away game since lockdown so maybe it has got worse but dunno I’d be surprised. I’m aiming to go to the Arsenal cup game so guess I’ll see

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Getting warmer but nope, much of it was way more offensive. I’m not going to repeat the lyrics but it’s not difficult to guess. There was no magical time in the past when things were better. Actually it was a lot worse. The only excuse was that some of it was quite funny and at least it showed people were commenting on current affairs (so to speak) rather than being gratuitously offensive for no reason.

i was about 15 feet away from Shiltons goal for half of the game ....we'll have to agree to disagree.....i was about 15 16 so wouldn't have been on the lash either....:lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A bit harsh this thread. Good to see a new generation of fans singing songs and not fighting.

I spoke to my son yesterday, he went to the match, before I mentioned this thread I asked him about the match, stadium etc. I said I listened to the radio commentary and couldn’t hear our fans singing, he said some of our fans spent most of the game singing about a FGR player with his shorts pulled up……he said the song was funny once but they kept singing it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I spoke to my son yesterday, he went to the match, before I mentioned this thread I asked him about the match, stadium etc. I said I listened to the radio commentary and couldn’t hear our fans singing, he said some of our fans spent most of the game singing about a FGR player with his shorts pulled up……he said the song was funny once but they kept singing it.

‘Bernie’s got a wedgie’ :moo:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Glad it wasn’t just me, not yet, but there will come a time when I hopefully take my grandchildren, if that had been the case last night I’d have probably left.

I had my youngest with me, who's about to turn 13. A great first hand demonstration of totally unacceptable, unfunny, uncool behaviour - also that just because someone supports the same club as you doesn't mean that they are OK. This guys did a pretty good job really. Didn't need to say much at all.

Perhaps they should do a special school tour or something, they'd go down a storm!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here