Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slovakia v England - World Cup Qualifier - 5pm KO

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's difficult to hold the ball up when you have a hole where Rooney should be able to pick up lay offs.

Told that Sam was picked to bring things back to basics, we are still playing players in a system that doesn't suit anyone

I agree. But players have to have basic skills to start with..... Sterling has started more positively, but why did Kane just try and clip it to Lallana when he should have shot even at an angle? No confidence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. But players have to have basic skills to start with..... Sterling has started more positively, but why did Kane just try and clip it to Lallana when he should have shot even at an angle? No confidence.

He doesn't have any confidence, he seems to have taken a large chunk of the brunt form the summer.

That's a big difference from not being good enough!

We should have gone to a basic 442 for this

Slovakia would be an average PL team

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He doesn't have any confidence, he seems to have taken a large chunk of the brunt form the summer.

That's a big difference from not being good enough!

We should have gone to a basic 442 for this

Slovakia would be an average PL team

No still not good enough and Sterling would never be in my squad, but I was commenting about this game specifically in that post.

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
Agree with 2 up top.
Why play 2 holding midfielders against a team who will sit back.
We should be player a more attacking formation against these so called lesser footballing nations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here