Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I do get confused, a club claims to be in a financial mess one season then two years down the line they are splashing the cash. It's a funny old game.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would take a punt on Nanki wells at Udders !! seems to score goals and is a bit of a live wire

Yes, he's looked lively on the couple of occasions I've seen him and is now reasonably experienced at Championship level. Ought to benefit playing off Zamora.

Given the current fees being paid I suspect he'd be in the £4-5m bracket, maybe more? However I'm not sure that Wells is available or is really on our radar.

There's a timely chance to look at him on Saturday....assuming he's fit / available?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Dont think the US cash is just to improve the ground. The investors have taken a hefty shareholding for their money and.will be involved or have a say.in the running.of the club

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Im sure its been said on this thread before but worth reiterating - shirley Armstrong from Coventry would be a better bet from almost every angle???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yup. I mean, who on earth would want us to buy a striker that hasn't failed to score at least 21 goals every season since the 09/10 season, and looks on course to do it again this season (10 so far)

09/10 - 23
10/11 - 22
11/12 - 40
12/13 - 33
13/14 - 25
14/15 - 21

To put this into perspective, please can someone identify how many of these were penalties.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To put this into perspective, please can someone identify how many of these were penalties.

Don't penalties count then?

How many times since we joined the Championship has our top scorer got 20 or more?

Answer: NONE.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would take a punt on Nanki wells at Udders !! seems to score goals and is a bit of a live wire

I have been waiting for his name to be mentioned by someone. Thats who would be my choice if I was going for someone currently playing in this division. I havn't seen him play many times but when I have done, I have always liked him. He never seems to be on many teams radar though and I often wondered why that was ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hugely hot prospect and unlikely Newcastle want to sell him.

If only he wasn't owned by Newcastle who see him as their next big thing.

EDIT: JINX!

It's actually an interesting shout. He's clearly far too good for League 1, so it could be worth CH suggesting to his contacts at Newcastle that it's time to move the lad's development up a league. Better than Wilson I'd reckon.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like Blackburn already have a replacement lined up.

Danny Graham joining on loan till end of season.

Seems a bit of a waste of money, won't be going up or down. Might be better off signing a decent youngster and give them the rest of the season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We won't. His wages are out of our league.

Quite. Plus, he's already on loan at Hillsborough and doing well, so there's every reason to believe they'll seek to either renew the loan (can they do that??) or sign him permanently. Given that he's playing well, playing regularly and getting paid what he wants to be paid, I suspect he's Wednesday's to lose. No reason to think he'd gamble on a spell with us (unless Wednesday really aren't interested in another deal, which would be a major surprise).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like Blackburn already have a replacement lined up.

Danny Graham joining on loan till end of season.

Seems a bit of a waste of money, won't be going up or down. Might be better off signing a decent youngster and give them the rest of the season.

Graham is a funny one. Has had a couple of good seasons here & there, always a name on the tip of people's tongues when it comes to potential loan signings. Yet that's the point, isn't it? He's always available on loan. Never seems to settle anywhere or stay for long. Not sure what his recent scoring record is like but I can't imagine it's all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here