Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sky Sports pause

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
After clocking this thread I've tried several times over the last couple of days to pause my Sky Sports subscription - including at about 1am last night when I'd assume traffic is minimal. All I get ever get is the same spinning blue wheel that never stops spinning.

Looks like it'll have to be a phone call to the banks of the Ganges then. What a crock of shit.

This happened to me for a couple of days when trying to 'pause' using my laptop, then, on a pure hunch, I tried doing exactly the same thing from my iPhone and it worked first time. Maybe worth a try; could just have been a total fluke, of course.

Jul 7, 2003
Still no option on Virgin Media and you can't get through on their support lines. Two schools of thought on their community.

First is that it will take them a couple of days to set the online pause option up (not sure it is that difficult to be honest)

The second is that as VM have to pay Sky, Sky are not allowing VM customers the option in the hope that customers will switch from VM to Sky. If the second is to be believed then that is pretty underhand and not sure that it will encourage people to move if that's how Sky treat their customers.

If it is the first then it wouldn't take much for them to put up something to alert customers to work in progress and save themselves a lot of unnecessary hassle.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Still no option on Virgin Media and you can't get through on their support lines. Two schools of thought on their community.

First is that it will take them a couple of days to set the online pause option up (not sure it is that difficult to be honest)

The second is that as VM have to pay Sky, Sky are not allowing VM customers the option in the hope that customers will switch from VM to Sky. If the second is to be believed then that is pretty underhand and not sure that it will encourage people to move if that's how Sky treat their customers.

If it is the first then it wouldn't take much for them to put up something to alert customers to work in progress and save themselves a lot of unnecessary hassle.

Still no way to get through to BT either by phone or them putting facility online as Sky did. Was on phone for 40 mins then was cut off. I'm out of contract so may well just simply cancel the direct debit. Disgraceful!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This happened to me for a couple of days when trying to 'pause' using my laptop, then, on a pure hunch, I tried doing exactly the same thing from my iPhone and it worked first time. Maybe worth a try; could just have been a total fluke, of course.

That worked a treat. Sorted.

Cheers fella :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
VM have just announced customers will be given free extra childrens channels for the next few weeks. I'm sure 15yo and 19yo kids will enjoy watching Nick Jr!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So I pay monthly for BT Sports but ****ed if I can get through to them. What's the deal with just cancelling a direct debit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So I pay monthly for BT Sports but ****ed if I can get through to them. What's the deal with just cancelling a direct debit?

As above I just had to leave the phone for 45 mins in the queue....you'll get through eventually

If you just cancel the DD, they will probably bill you - without you giving notice it's a legally enforceable debt (and you'll still be getting the 'service'). However, ranting and complaining when they do that - as they made it very difficult to get through - might result in them doing some kind of deal I guess.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Has anyone on here been able to get through to BT to cancel? It is being widely reported that with no online facility people are struggling to get through and seemingly even getting cut off. This issue really needs to bite them back on the arse.

I think companies who don't do the right thing will see their brand severely tarnished in better times. BT not doing well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As above I just had to leave the phone for 45 mins in the queue....you'll get through eventually

If you just cancel the DD, they will probably bill you - without you giving notice it's a legally enforceable debt (and you'll still be getting the 'service'). However, ranting and complaining when they do that - as they made it very difficult to get through - might result in them doing some kind of deal I guess.

Yeah thought that might be the case, will get on to them tomorrow, might have died down! Cheers

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
VM have just announced customers will be given free extra childrens channels for the next few weeks. I'm sure 15yo and 19yo kids will enjoy watching Nick Jr!

We're with VM for everything (TV/Internet/Landline/Mobiles) my wife and I don't use our phones that much normally (we're old compared to a lot of you young'uns). We have SIM only deals that only cost us £7 each a month, for which we get 2GB data and more than enough phone minutes and texts, which is fine for us. VM sent me an email 3 days ago saying that due to the critical times we're in at the moment they are boosting our allowances by an extra 10GB and unlimited mobile minutes to UK landlines, 03 and mobile numbers at no extra cost for the next month. I thought that was pretty good of them.
:clap:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Tried calling them , on hold for 40 mins then they hang up, they have stated they have closed many of the call centres. You can bet they will have no such issues collecting the full amount out of my bank account next month of course.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
SKY FOR £57
OK I was paying over £100 for the complete TV package. Multiscreen, box sets, movies, kids, sport HD the lot.
Initial phone call got this down to £89 but I cancelled. Sent them an email. They called me back and reduced it, and that's everything as before, to £57 (free sports). Told also to ring when sports comes back to get a huge discount. So there is your target. Multiscreen (I've got a second box in the bedroom) costs £14 so a single box could be as low as £43

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
SKY FOR £57
OK I was paying over £100 for the complete TV package. Multiscreen, box sets, movies, kids, sport HD the lot.
Initial phone call got this down to £89 but I cancelled. Sent them an email. They called me back and reduced it, and that's everything as before, to £57 (free sports). Told also to ring when sports comes back to get a huge discount. So there is your target. Multiscreen (I've got a second box in the bedroom) costs £14 so a single box could be as low as £43

Thanks for this, good work.

We made multiple calls the other day, went through to cancel, pleaded poverty in current circumstances and got ours reduced by an agreeable amount in the end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky Sports subsciption

I expect this has been discussed, so sorry if fixtures.

Instead of cancelling Sky Sports, you can suspend the payments until they start showing live sport again. In the meantime, you can still use the sports channels for whatever they are showing.

To do so, you call 0800 151 2747, and say "cancel Sky Sports".
It will ask you if you want to pause your Sky Sports subscription, so just say yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here