Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sky Sports pause

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Yes it took a couple of attempts

Had exactly same problem yesterday. Worked on 3rd attempt

Thanks guys.

I do wonder why we have to go through this process. If Sky are allowing us continued access to the sports channels but not charge then why not automatically do it for every sports subscription?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Need virgin to do the same... logged online but couldn't find anywhere to pause SS

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just reduced my whole package with Sky by £51 per month for three months then £28 thereafter and they upgraded the broadband speed.

Chose to go through the phoning them and saying I was cancelling. Two hours of waiting on hold and being passed around the various trying to keep you departments before getting this deal.

Bloody hard work but worth it in the end.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i am being told "thank you for waiting"
We are currently experiencing a high volume of visitors, so it may take a little longer to help with your request.
just joined this "Queue"

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We are currently experiencing a high volume of visitors, so it may take a little longer to help with your request.
just joined this "Queue"

Gave up with BT after 40 mins. Disgraceful they have not made it available to pause online. Am inclined to cancel now as way too greedy at difficult time for all. Was also not happy about them making the big UFC fights PPV on top of the subscription.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gave up with BT after 40 mins. Disgraceful they have not made it available to pause online. Am inclined to cancel now as way too greedy at difficult time for all. Was also not happy about them making the big UFC fights PPV on top of the subscription.

You've still got to call them to cancel though.........I've left the phone on speaker ringing in the background, going to see how long it takes. Will update here later (probably much later :lolol::lolol:)

Update (in case of interest to anyone)

-45 mins on hold to get through
-advised I wanted to cancel
-offered me a one month 'credit' to reconsider in a months time
-refused that, so offered me a new 12/18 months contract at a 'great rate'
-said that wasn't of interest for now on the basis there was nothing to watch, so please go ahead and cancel
-told me that was fine, would take 30 days notice required as of today, so need to pay for one more month
-told them I thought was was outrageous etc etc and asked for formal complaint to be logged
-immediately backed down and waived the 30 days notice

Might get it back at some point but will do it through the Sky package probably..............

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
just joined this "Queue"

Which number are you calling. The cancel line is 0333 759 1224. They may be a quicker bet to get a refined deal which is what I did. Tell them you are leaving and you get sent to the "retention team"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Finally been able to suspend Sky Sports as their website was overloaded early.

Now just have to keep the saving from my wife otherwise I may not get it back.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Which number are you calling. The cancel line is 0333 759 1224. They may be a quicker bet to get a refined deal which is what I did. Tell them you are leaving and you get sent to the "retention team"

i have an 18 month contract which started when i moved here from Germany in October … could i still cancel ?
the pause bit seems to have worked but i think i will cancel anyway if i can

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I’ve been trying pretty much every day this week to get through to BT to cancel my Sky Sports that I pay for as its only on a 30 day rolling contract.

Haven’t been able to get through at all , no online chat option either and I can’t seem to do it through my account online.

I have a feeling they just don’t want to answer and lose money.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Has anyone on here been able to get through to BT to cancel? It is being widely reported that with no online facility people are struggling to get through and seemingly even getting cut off. This issue really needs to bite them back on the arse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After clocking this thread I've tried several times over the last couple of days to pause my Sky Sports subscription - including at about 1am last night when I'd assume traffic is minimal. All I get ever get is the same spinning blue wheel that never stops spinning.

Looks like it'll have to be a phone call to the banks of the Ganges then. What a crock of shit.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
After clocking this thread I've tried several times over the last couple of days to pause my Sky Sports subscription - including at about 1am last night when I'd assume traffic is minimal. All I get ever get is the same spinning blue wheel that never stops spinning.

Looks like it'll have to be a phone call to the banks of the Ganges then. What a crock of shit.

Be careful. I tried the phone call and got someone who tried to cancel Sky Sports rather than Pause. Had to be very forceful and tell him to do nothing. Went online, clicked the Pause box. 60 seconds buffering and in. 30 seconds later, all done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here