Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's weird is that he started while Hemed was on the bench. Skalak is our best crosser, and Hemed our best at heading in the crosses. I'd think Knockaert would be a better match for the Baldock/Wilson pairing, if we're trying to attack with pace / counter.

I don't understand why he is starting ahead of LuaLua. Fair play on the assist today but that hardly matches Kaz's impact earlier in the season

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't understand why he is starting ahead of LuaLua. Fair play on the assist today but that hardly matches Kaz's impact earlier in the season

Agreed. It's certainly not on merit because Skalak has been very hot and cold. Maybe Hughton feels that KLL is best used as a super-sub put in to disrupt and stretch the opposition back four. There's no denying there's always a buzz when Kaz comes on as a sub.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Agreed. It's certainly not on merit because Skalak has been very hot and cold. Maybe Hughton feels that KLL is best used as a super-sub put in to disrupt and stretch the opposition back four. There's no denying there's always a buzz when Kaz comes on as a sub.

Not to mention that he has been out for a long time. He had an entire preseason when he was starting games at the start of the season. Might not be ready to start.

Admittedly my looks at Skalak have been brief, but I'm seeing a player struggling to get to grips with the niggly physicality of the English game. Knocky is blowing hot and cold for sure and Kaz may not be back up to peak fitness but I want those guys ahead of him right now.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think this lad has shown a lot more than Elvis ever did, he can cross the ball superbly, but needs time to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Championship.

I'd get LuaLua playing some u21 games in the international break as he still doesn't look up to speed for me.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Because Skalak was playing down the right and Murphy has the left sewn up right now? He started ahead of Knockaert yesterday.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Thought he looked good yesterday. Building up steam. He will be the difference if we end up in the playoffs, he is unstoppable at times

He had one half decent cross one he first came on. Other than that I thought he was lethargic, made several poor decisions and looked a bit slow. Hopefully it is just him finding his way back into match fitness. He was unbelievable at the start of the year.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He had one half decent cross one he first came on. Other than that I thought he was lethargic, made several poor decisions and looked a bit slow. Hopefully it is just him finding his way back into match fitness. He was unbelievable at the start of the year.

He was as good as the otherwide players for the time he was on but yes i agree tons more to give and we all hope,that extra bit comes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think this lad has shown a lot more than Elvis ever did, he can cross the ball superbly, but needs time to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Championship.

I'd get LuaLua playing some u21 games in the international break as he still doesn't look up to speed for me.

He needed to play about 10 mins and stay onside to do more than Elvis.

I think Skalak is okay, but should be behind all the other wingers in the pecking order for me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Skalak needs a good pre-season with the team and trainers and he'll be fine. He could be the best crosser of a ball in the team.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Reminds me of an Arshavin (former Arsenal ) type of player, one week he'll look useless the next he'll have a blinder with no middle ground, give him time I'm sure he'll turn out fine
Probably end up an Albion Hero the same as Spanish Dave, one wonder goal in a crucial run in game and you'll be all over him

el punal

I'll forgive him for everything after that sublime cross for Tomer's second goal.

I do feel that he's trying too hard to impress (which is no bad thing!) and maybe with a bit more composure and tactical nous he'll be up there with the best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Salak is getting starting opportunities ahead of fit and potent wingers if nothing else I'm guessing he trains considerably better than Elvis.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

He has looked very poor since he came back and made dreadful decisions when he came on yesterday, keeping the ball when the easy killer pass was on. It is probably just that he wants to impress and get a starting spot, but then he also failed to chase balls that were easily winnable. Very odd performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here