Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

albionite

May 20, 2009
Way to early to make a judgement. But at this stage, there is no way that I would kick Kaz off the bench to accommodate Jiri.

Many have stated that Jiri needs time to settle in and acclimatise and I totally agree. Until he does, it's Kaz on the bench for me every time.
So you say too early to make a judgement then make one. Ok.

Take it you have been to the training ground everyday and watched the players and know Kaz is way ahead since he has come back from his injury.

Let's face it Kaz has never got overexcited in front of goal and over hit one of his crosses/shots.( I'm not knocking him by the way just pointing out it happens)

I have no idea if jiri will make it over here but he needs to be given a chance sticking him in dev squad is not going to do that, as far as I'm concerned at least he made a good run and got into position to get over excited and make wrong choice.

We are too harsh on some of our players a fair few of them have come into a bit of stick this season,you would of thought we are struggling at wrong end of the table.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm starting to worry about him. His positional play wasn't very good when he came on and he got muscled off the ball easily. He looks a bit overawed.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He may well turn out to be a good player, however surely when you get players in the January window they need to hit the ground running, to many important games where he needs to make an impact

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Have we bought another pup?

Have we bought another pup?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say 'yes'. A good-level of tenacity and the ability to put in a cross seem to be part of his game, but do not compensate for lack of a good first touch, or composure in front of goal, being in the right position etc. Yes, it is early days, but not too early for early impressions. He hasn't made a good start and I very much hope I'm wrong.

That said, I completely understand why CH is giving him a go and allowing Kaz to ease back into the fold after a long lay off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That miscontrol on the touchline. Shocking. I have seen nothing to change my opinion. KLL back please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Skalak's job is to get Kaz so wound up that his early season form looks like a stroll in the park.

I

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Skalak certainly appears to need some time adapting to things here, which unfortunately our current position does not afford being March with two months to go. I hope it just clicks in as he seems a nice chap and YouTube showed him in some good vids.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murphy was slagged off by some sages on NSC for his first few months, so if things follow the same pattern Skalak will be a hero by season's end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is promise there but suspect we won't see it until next season. Certainly not the up and running threat we needed to sign in January.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bar the cross at Cardiff I haven't been impressed with Skalek yet. He very much seems like someone for next season and while every minute he gets on the pitch will help him - in our predicament I really feel we should have Lua Lua on the bench. He was EXACTLY the player we needed to bring on yesterday as he can create a cross or a shooting chance that we were unable to do yesterday. I'm not writing Skalek off by any means - just think Lua Lua is a better option now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Terrible apart from that cross. Better option than Lua Lua though as he just doesn't look remotely interested when he comes on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here