Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Before his fluff he missed the goal by a mile in his cross come shot. The guy doesn't have much decent form in his other clubs. Time will tell, but I am usually right with my instincts & at this mo my glass is half empty with him. Hope I'm proved wrong ...

I think you might be wrong. He's too eager to please. As for his form ? He's a Czech international who was being tapped up by Hamburg, Weder Bremen and Monoco. Give him a chance.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hasn't really impressed but not been given much chance to. Too easily shrugged off the ball and slightly off the pace, which is to be expected early on.

I didn't think he was bought for this season anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What are these great instincts then?

Seriously come on the guy got a great assist at Cardiff. Should have scored tonight but we were 4-0 up and he was trying to hard. He scores tonight and what fo your fantastic instincts tell you then?

Almost two assists at Cardiff, if you count that cross he played into Zamora in the 1st half that Bob completely fluffed.

I think the guys definitely got something to offer. He just looked too desperate tonight, needs to go easy on the Red Bull.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Nowhere near as good as knockeart Kaz Murphy or Solly. Better that Elvis. About as good as van la parra. Not quick enough but makes good runs and tries hard.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Before his fluff he missed the goal by a mile in his cross come shot. The guy doesn't have much decent form in his other clubs. Time will tell, but I am usually right with my instincts & at this mo my glass is half empty with him. Hope I'm proved wrong ...

Need a thumbs down for people who talk out of their Arse

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I knew some people would be writing him off already! I'm sure people don't actually watch the game.

I was watching Skalak for a while after he came on, one thing I noticed is that he always wants the ball and is always trying give an out or make a run when we're in posession. He works really hard when we're not in possession. I thought he made some very good runs as well which is all promising, he has all the attributes to succeed.

I agree with others that he's trying too hard, I think he had too many options when through on goal and tried to be too cute when he should've buried it. It basically wasn't fluent or natural, although probably was a pen.

Remember this is a new league for him, players take time to get used to the pace and physicality of English football. As I said, from what I've seen he has all the attributes to do well over here, he just needs to calm down and show a bit more composure and I'm sure that will come as he gets more game time. You'd have to be clueless to write him off at this stage!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Thought he did ok tbh. Unfortunately for him he came on after we had decided to kill the game. He was always looking to go forward while everyone else was content to just keep possession.

I quite like the fact that in the 1 on 1 he decided to try and go around the keeper rather than place the ball. :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I knew some people would be writing him off already! I'm sure people don't actually watch the game.

I was watching Skalak for a while after he came on, one thing I noticed is that he always wants the ball and is always trying give an out or make a run when we're in posession. He works really hard when we're not in possession. I thought he made some very good runs as well which is all promising, he has all the attributes to succeed.

I agree with others that he's trying too hard, I think he had too many options when through on goal and tried to be too cute when he should've buried it. It basically wasn't fluent or natural, although probably was a pen.

Remember this is a new league for him, players take time to get used to the pace and physicality of English football. As I said, from what I've seen he has all the attributes to do well over here, he just needs to calm down and show a bit more composure and I'm sure that will come as he gets more game time. You'd have to be clueless to write him off at this stage!

spot on
not fair to judge him negatively on so little game time

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Great run but what a ball from Bruno. Had 2 much time and should have just slotted it home. Looks a decent player though...

He may turn out to be a decent player but how can he looks like a decent player after last night?
It wasn't so much that he missed, it was that he completely fell apart at a crucial moment.
It was so bad that it nullified everything else imho

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

I thought he was in the running for the Czech Euro squad

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I am usually right with my instincts too, and my glass is half full. Once CH calms him down and Jiri gets the hang of the Championship, I reckon he'll be fine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am usually right with my instincts too, and my glass is half full. Once CH calms him down and Jiri gets the hang of the Championship, I reckon he'll be fine.

He looks good to me, far too early to expect too much for someone new to the country, but could be a very good acquisition.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So far he's had a couple of appearances. Set up the goal at Cardiff and played another blinding cross that Bobby should have scored from and last night would have got one himself if he hadn't been barged over after rounding the keeper. So other than the mad tight angle shot, can't see how he can possibly be written off. It's the Hemed thread all over again. Maybe we should give him more than a couple of games in a new country....

lordlush1972

Aug 15, 2006
Newhaven

Well said

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trying much too hard at the moment in his brief appearances. Needs a few full games, which he may not get anytime soon, unless we suffer injuries or suspension to the other wingers. Far too early to even think about suggesting he is not up to the mark.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Have to agree. In what was an excellent night for us, he was dire. Early days & hope he comes good, but yet to see any class from him ....

Blimey, you have exceptionally high standards.

His running off the ball to get in the position was excellent, he just tried to be too clever. Definite pen though from my angle.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think he's a very intelligent player that gets in great positions, also distribution is excellent. Shame he doesn't have a bit more pace.

Looking forward to seeing more of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here