[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He didn't make that up himself though. He had read that claim and repeated it, and apologised when told it was without evidence. It also is not clearly antisemitic, America has had similar accusations about the 9/11 attacks. There does seem to be evidence of intelligence not being effectively acted upon in both cases, and opportunities to prevent both from occurring were missed. Which is a long way from "letting it happen" or encouraging it, but mistrust of a Government and its intelligence agencies, and coming up with a conspiracy theory is not necessarily racist. The other comments revealed were less ambiguous.
I agree it’s not antisemitic but not ‘clearly’.

The problem with these conspiracy theories is that when you plunge your arm into the toilet of their origin, you tend to hit antisemitism when you reach the u-bend. The American ‘deep state’ is apparently a group of Jews, the people who control the world economy are apparently a group of Jews. The vast majority of conspiracy theories are only one click away from an antisemitism trope. Oddly though, most originate from the far right and fascists rather than Muslims.

In the case of Mr Ali, he either has very poor judgment in not recognising the political toxicity of these theories, or he is as-thick-as-f***ing-dogshit for believing such a ridiculous story or he is antisemitic. It’s clear to me that he ticks the first two boxes and is unfit for office. He also leaves himself open to accusations of the third from those whom know that Starmer and the Labour Party are going to cost them a lot of money. People like Lord Rothermere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's all bit dated.

Like this

1707943467842.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree on the second suspension, but the first should have been kicked out the day it came out.

Hopefully it's a learning curve for him and will will act as he did for Jones, the way Guido Fawks is approaching this makes me think there is more to come.
Guido Fawkes has posted his own racism in the last few days.

So he can f*** right off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He admitted reading it down after going down a rabbit hole on you tube, he still repeated it in a room of people, the fact he didn't come up with it doesn't mean it's ok.

I'm sorry, but just because he didn't come up with it himself, doesn't give him a pass, nor does it mean he shouldn't be sacked straight away.
Agree with all but the last bit. Straight away.... when? When nobody knew he's said it apart from his pals and the Daily Mail stooge?

Starmer is good, but he isn't clairvoyant. :shrug:

*Anyway, no f*** it. Burn him. I'm sick of being betrayed. Vote Farage. Kill them all. Etc.

*Not really. My knickers have always been up, and I had a cup of tea earlier.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree it’s not antisemitic but not ‘clearly’.

The problem with these conspiracy theories is that when you plunge your arm into the toilet of their origin, you tend to hit antisemitism when you reach the u-bend. The American ‘deep state’ is apparently a group of Jews, the people who control the world economy are apparently a group of Jews. The vast majority of conspiracy theories are only one click away from an antisemitism trope. Oddly though, most originate from the far right and fascists rather than Muslims.

In the case of Mr Ali, he either has very poor judgment in not recognising the political toxicity of these theories, or he is as-thick-as-f***ing-dogshit for believing such a ridiculous story or he is antisemitic. It’s clear to me that he ticks the first two boxes and is unfit for office. He also leaves himself open to accusations of the third from those whom know that Starmer and the Labour Party are going to cost them a lot of money. People like Lord Rothermere.

I was going to post the same thing. The modern conspiracy theory trend has somewhat gone full circle and it's "back to blaming the Jews again".

This has traditionally been a right wing thing, but then you get the complexity of Israel / Palestine, anti-capitalism, any friend of the USA is an enemy of mine and some on the left's somewhat skewed concern seemingly at the expense of other conflicts. For those old enough to remember Palestine is the left's new "South Africa". Both completely admirable and moral causes but taking up an awful lot of time of their thought and often without nuance.

(Not sure there was any nuance with South Africa, but hopefully you get my point)

I saw this trend happening a few years ago when I picked up a random leaflet on the ground and went to an anti-war talk in Brixton, led by Claire Short and Mark Steele.

They were both obviously surprised at the amount of conspiracy theory coming from the mostly left wing audience, particularly who was "obviously" responsible for 9/11.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was going to post the same thing. The modern conspiracy theory trend has somewhat gone full circle and it's "back to blaming the Jews again".

This has traditionally been a right wing thing, but then you get the complexity of Israel / Palestine, anti-capitalism, any friend of the USA is an enemy of mine and some on the left's somewhat skewed concern with that a seemingly at the expense of other conflicts. For those old enough to remember Palestine is the left's new "South Africa". Both completely admirable and moral causes but taking up an awful lot of time of their thought and often without nuance.

(Not sure there was any nuance with South Africa, but hopefully you get my point)

I saw this trend happening a few years ago when I picked up a random leaflet on the ground and went to an anti-war talk in Brixton, led by Claire Short and Mark Steele.

They were both obviously surprised at the amount of conspiracy theory coming from the mostly left wing audience, particularly who was "obviously" responsible for 9/11.
Yep.

The right wing racists can put their feel up while thicky conspiracy theorists on the left do their work for them.

I say that as a labour party member (happy with the leadership, but of the opinion there are too many smelly socks and soggy brains in the local parties. Well..... f*** 'em. It will be Starmer in number 10, not Colin Nugat Donut (see what I did there?)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yep.

The right wing racists can put their feel up while thicky conspiracy theorists on the left do their work for them.

I say that as a labour party member (happy with the leadership, but of the opinion there are too many smelly socks and soggy brains in the local parties. Well..... f*** 'em. It will be Starmer in number 10, not Colin Nugat Donut (see what I did there?)
Yes. To all of that ^

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Was it not the case that we only found out about it because the Daily Fail had a copy of the recordings and released it. Er, some time after the event, not to do the public a service, but to cause labour maximum damage, too close to the by-election to bin Ali as a candidate.
What a spin doctor you are !! Yes we only found out about it very late because of The Daily Mail. We probably should’ve found out about it a bit sooner if The Labour Whip’s office was doing it’s job!!

Honestly, every negative press story this week has simply been Labour shooting itself in the foot - over and over!!! You read this thread and it’s full of apologists…I want Starmer In Number 10 as much as anyone but I’m not going all 4 legs good 2 legs bad- this week has been a shitshow….from having to reel back the £28b, which infuriatingly was the only policy announced, to finding out they have unfit candidates in the press ….and yet to come- the fallout from the Labour staffers making complaints to their union about conduct during the internal investigation into the leaking the story of the £28b. ****ing amateur hour - remember the decorators on crackerjack, roll up the paper, foot in the bucket, rooooound with the plank !!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What a spin doctor you are !! Yes we only found out about it very late because of The Daily Mail. We probably should’ve found out about it a bit sooner if The Labour Whip’s office was doing it’s job!!

Honestly, every negative press story this week has simply been Labour shooting itself in the foot - over and over!!! You read this thread and it’s full of apologists…I want Starmer In Number 10 as much as anyone but I’m not going all 4 legs good 2 legs bad- this week has been a shitshow….from having to reel back the £28b, which infuriatingly was the only policy announced, to finding out they have unfit candidates in the press ….and yet to come- the fallout from the Labour staffers making complaints to their union about conduct during the internal investigation into the leaking the story of the £28b. ****ing amateur hour - remember the decorators on crackerjack, roll up the paper, foot in the bucket, rooooound with the plank !!
I see it more as a reaction to the ridiculous overreaction in the press TBH. This has now been headline news for three days, despite several major wars taking place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The alternative is a fiasco, no ideas and a hard core waiting in the shadows.
We know this, as you tell us, literally every single day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports