Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sing Up East Stand!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
What you lot don't seem to understand is that we're too busy telling the kids to stop mucking about and watch the match to think about singing songs. Tut.

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
I am STH in EAST and everyone to the front, back & sides of me were not there at the Donny game and didn't even stand to clap our lads on or off the pitch..
if they want to come along then cheer the boys on, we were singing & shouting last night but there were very few, hope when all the normal STH are back for Blackpool the noise in the East is the same as it was for the Donny game...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What you lot don't seem to understand is that we're too busy telling the kids to stop mucking about and watch the match to think about singing songs. Tut.
The young kids don't need to watch, they need to enjoy the singing. I'll be taking my 4 year old daughter soon, and I know she won't be interested in the football, but she'll love everyone chanting. I might go for WSL so she can hear the north stand and join in as we sing back, or WSU because it give a good overview. Once they enjoy the occassion, I can get them into the football.

squiglet

Aug 10, 2011
We were in the East Stand with our 5 and 6 year old on Saturday (tried the west last night, very high!) and we were singing then, in fact my daughter was moaning, "Mummy they haven't sung good old sussex by the sea", as we have been teaching her it. So she settled into a round of "you don't know what your doing" at the ref, not bad for a 5 year old girlie ! So yes come on lets sing sing sing!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
excuses lol. last n+w together decreed e to give a song, LOUD. nothing happened last night...

Oh! The irony! Good to hear the North and West having a good sing song but there were times last season when the Family Stand out sang us in the South Stand! Now the choir has reformed and sounds to be working out but we do need to add to the very limited repertoire or will end up like Portsmaff with just one song.

Also worth remembering that a lot of the bums on seats in the East will be new to the experience of following the Albion. They will follow.......

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
this. was surrounded by match by matchers yesterday who didnt want to sing

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was in the east A block with 3 of my g/kids, one son & his ptn. The girls, especially, loved it andloved the whole atmosphere. looking around, most of the other kids looked pretty awestruck too although there was a teenage lad behind me who barely looked interested.

There was some noise from the east, pretty un-cordinated maybe, but it'll be back to the regulars next game.

The north was loud but when the West clear their lungs, the noise is awesome.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am right in the heart of the East Stand, E1D being my entrance. Against Doncaster it was fairly raucous, I wasn't there last night, but I'm sure it will be tasty for the visit of Blackpool. Plenty of people around me have history of giving it large, but then there are a couple of older folk who seem to prefer to just enjoy the spectacle and leave it to the others to shout and bawl. Each to their own, but I'll be giving it some now that we're close enough to be heard. I gave it a "go on the Nooney" as he was warming up before the second half against Donny and got a thumbs up... wowzer.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
im in the east with my 5 year old girl, at the donny game she was the first one standing up joining in with the singing!!! stood up like a bolt to hate palace bless her.

will be singing our heart out next match

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Am sick to death of the East stand already I am in E1G and have to say I was in the midfdle Wednesday night of a fan club for Inigio Calderon basically about 30 kids from the local language school and to be fair to them they did try but God there is no passion whatsoever!!! Several times I tried to do Albion Albion etc but you get these cold glances that make you sit back down again and as for chanting at the Gill supporters it was like no support from anyone near me!! Come on guys lets meet up before the next match with a plan of action as we can show more passion but we need to be brave and support our club.. I really feel I am in the middle of the tea and bisuit brigade!!! 2 chaps near me are more bothered about what they did during the week it is surreal!!! Anyhow come on East Stand Boys lets do it next home match!!

Albion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Am sick to death of the East stand already I am in E1G and have to say I was in the midfdle Wednesday night of a fan club for Inigio Calderon basically about 30 kids from the local language school and to be fair to them they did try but God there is no passion whatsoever!!! Several times I tried to do Albion Albion etc but you get these cold glances that make you sit back down again and as for chanting at the Gill supporters it was like no support from anyone near me!! Come on guys lets meet up before the next match with a plan of action as we can show more passion but we need to be brave and support our club.. I really feel I am in the middle of the tea and bisuit brigade!!! 2 chaps near me are more bothered about what they did during the week it is surreal!!! Anyhow come on East Stand Boys lets do it next home match!!

Albion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where you sitting??

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was in E1C and we were trying to get people going but I felt that those all around me were not really interested

I'm in E1C too and more than happy to join in - wasn't there last night. The reason it's relatively quiet is because we are scattered between kids, old folk and posh types. I don't think there's anyone else who sings within a few seats of me tho - so you do feel a bit conspicuous if you start up on your own!

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
this. was surrounded by match by matchers yesterday who didnt want to sing

I don't particularly want to sing, stand up if you hate palarse every 10 mins, boring and being done to death. Other chants / songs are available. In addition you might think you are loud in the west and North because you are in the West and North. At times during the Donny game there was a good level of loud singing in the East. It it a bit of a self fulfilling whinge about the East if during the also rather insesant Were the North stand, were the East stand, you don't give the East a gap, it's always the North stands turn isn't it?
Remember quite a few families are away on school holidays etc. I think it will settle from Blackpool onwards.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I don't particularly want to sing, stand up if you hate palarse every 10 mins, boring and being done to death. Other chants / songs are available. In addition you might think you are loud in the west and North because you are in the West and North. At times during the Donny game there was a good level of loud singing in the East. It it a bit of a self fulfilling whinge about the East if during the also rather insesant Were the North stand, were the East stand, you don't give the East a gap, it's always the North stands turn isn't it?
Remember quite a few families are away on school holidays etc. I think it will settle from Blackpool onwards.

yes, exactly, at the donny game you did yourself proud, theres no question of that, but on tuesday evening nothing came from your stand..and i was talking about match by matchers generally, as I was in WSU. The ones I was near looked bored shitless. I'm right up in block I. Give us a wave when you're at a home match next

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm also in E1G and was there for Donny - there was definitely some singing going on, but nothing too crazy. If there's songs being song, then I'll be joining in for certain.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm a bit confused, the reason I chose to be in the East Stand is because I don't want to sing all the time or the
obligatory stand up if you hate Palace (that will obviously change when playing them). I'm taking my kids or elderly
father so just want to sit and watch the football.

On a big match, I'm sure the whole ground will get going, but I have a feeling by looking at supporters around me, it
is on the going to be a quiet stand and to be honest I'm not really bothered. I enjoy watching everyone else
singing / jumping around, but I'm not really inclined to join in

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
East standers- You need to join in with the 'left side Brighton boys' and us West standers can join in with the right. Then all fans are involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here