Sing Up East Stand!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey, our young kids made more noise than the whole of E and F Block put together. Getting a bit embarrassing trying to get chants going and no-one else helping, it's like we are too shy (hush hush)
WSU and North sounded fantastic with the We are The West/North stand stuff. Can we have a go next time, and will anybody join me? Don't want the East to become too posh to sing.

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
Mate, I have to totally aggree with you, Myself and my Dad sat in the East Stand and it was sooo quiet, ok we sung a couple of times but the east stand were so out sung by the Gills, I think we're going to sit in the north/west stand next time.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
i am in E1A and more than happy to join you, i to would love it if the east stand was more vocal,
would also love to get a 3 way song going with the West/North stand stuff.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
By all accounts on saturday it was buzzing in the East... But last night was awful, people werent even talking, nevermind singing. I was trying to be loud, but felt very our of place

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
What should happen is when the we're the north stand song goes up, then the west stand song goes up, it should then go to the east stand and then back to the north stand. It would sound awesome if it went round the ground like that from stand to stand. Last night was strange because there were so many people who don't normally attend.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
By all accounts on saturday it was buzzing in the East... But last night was awful, people werent even talking, nevermind singing. I was trying to be loud, but felt very our of place

Yup! I was in the East Stand on Saturday and the singing was good - "We're the East Stand ....."

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I was in E1C and we were trying to get people going but I felt that those all around me were not really interested, all I could hear them say were things like " that doesn't happen when I'm at Arsenal and that empty area over there must be the family stand, referring to the West Lower next to the North ?
Full of non season tickets and other clubs supporters coming for a look I feel.
Come on East Stand lets get back to what we did on Saturday and can the North and West try to include us, Might take a bit of encouraging though ?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
What should happen is when the we're the north stand song goes up, then the west stand song goes up, it should then go to the east stand and then back to the north stand. It would sound awesome if it went round the ground like that from stand to stand. Last night was strange because there were so many people who don't normally attend.

This is just what happened on Saturday!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
East Stand, east stand, give us a song, east stand, give us a song!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I was in E1C and we were trying to get people going but I felt that those all around me were not really interested, all I could hear them say were things like " that doesn't happen when I'm at Arsenal and that empty area over there must be the family stand, referring to the West Lower next to the North ?
Full of non season tickets and other clubs supporters coming for a look I feel.
Come on East Stand lets get back to what we did on Saturday and can the North and West try to include us, Might take a bit of encouraging though ?

I assume it was because it wasnt full of season tickets holders, can be the only reason? Unless it was only loud on saturday because it was our first game and everyone was up for it. It felt as quite last night as it would have been if it were at Withdean, except punctuated every 10 minutes by very loud singing from the North.

If the same as it was on saturday, no encouragment needed... Lets hope that it will be like that again. I thought the first evening game would entail a loud atmosphere but i was very disappointed.

Yep, there was masses of newbies in last night who obviously aren't ST's as they weren't there for Donny. to be fair, it's going to happen. People going for the experience, hopefully once they've been a few times they'll join in (he says being blindly optimistic)

We're The East Stand, We're the east stand, we're the east stand nice and quiet. shhhhhhhhh, aaaaahhhh.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I was in E Block - Row B and must say, I was very disappointed with the lack of singing there. Me and my Dad were singing along and shouting encouragements to the players but just felt out of place as no one around us was singing.

When my Dad and I were singing, I heard one of the teenagers behind me saying to his mate, "Don't the new people buying tickets know that this is the Posh stand that doesn't sing?" that was probably one of the most irritating things I heard them say through the game. Most stupid was "Why do some of the players have yellow names on the screen" to which his friend replied after a little think , "I don't know".

I think I will go to the North Stand or West Stand Upper next time i'm able to get to a game.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Did not recognise anyone around me in the family stand from Saturday. Lots of day trippers, sightseers and first timers I reckon. Normal service wiil be resumed for Blackpool game!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Singing should be mandatory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports