[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Another Stoke reservist. He’s just stocks and shares. Will never make A team. Nothing to see here is there really? Hope he gets promoted after his permanent move to Cov or Boro in 2025. Wonder how Roland Bergkamp’s getting on these days?

Based on what?

Not surprised you feel that way though as you've frequently bashed the club for not beating Manchester City or Chelsea away. Mbappe or Haaland might be the only signings that would please you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I love the naivety to think we are reliant on off the shelf scouting software

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Who said "reliant"?

All teams use these kind of tools. Why wouldn't they? How do you think it works?

"Off the shelf" is also a bit playing it down. The versions of these programs made for professional football clubs usually costs hundreds of thousands a year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We love describing wingers as forwards !

Wishful thinking maybe

Am I missing something here? Wingers ARE 'forwards' aren't they, in just about anybody's parlance?

Not STRIKERS, necessarily, but absolutely FORWARD players.

Or are the likes of Mo Salah, Raheem Sterling, Leandro Trossard etc not 'forwards'?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Looks pretty swift.

Sure they've been working on for quite a while and its taken as long as most other deals. Difference is unlike most of the other "transfers" we know about which are discussed for weeks and then nearly always turn out to have no substance at all - the first anyone heard of this one is "he's on his way to Lancing for a medical".

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sure they've been working on for quite a while and its taken as long as most other deals. Difference is unlike most of the other "transfers" we know about which are discussed for weeks and then nearly always turn out to have no substance at all - the first anyone heard of this one is "he's on his way to Lancing for a medical".

Am I being whooshed here? :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another Stoke reservist. He’s just stocks and shares. Will never make A team. Nothing to see here is there really? Hope he gets promoted after his permanent move to Cov or Boro in 2025. Wonder how Roland Bergkamp’s getting on these days?

John Stephenson left the club pretty soon after the RB debacle. We then got David Burke. He was sacked on the spot. Then we got Dan Ashworth.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We're spreading ourselves quite thinly with forwards / strikers in the 18 to 21 age bracket.

I'm sure he'll have a year or 2 years on loan, but at some point, we could have several graduate to be looking for first team football (with us or someone else at a similar time). I'm thinking Sima, Zeqiri, Tolaj, Ferguson, Baker- Boatey, Enciso. Players like Moran, Richards may also see themselves as playing in the forward line as well. (and i'll bet I've forgotten at least two)

It's great, but there's surely a critical mass. Ultimately we'll have to play them at the top level to improve them or just to find out whether they can play at the top level and there's only so much game time we can give them. At some point we'll make a decision on one or two, then stick with that decision

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Oh. So just another "buy to loan to sell" then. Can't get excited about them. Which is a shame as his highlight reel looked pretty good I thought.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh. So just another "buy to loan to sell" then. Can't get excited about them. Which is a shame as his highlight reel looked pretty good I thought.

Oh yeah I remember [MENTION=38515]Frankworthington[/MENTION] saying that the system is junk and that we would never see Caicedo in a Brighton shirt.

You'd imagine that players like Alexis MacAllister and Moises Caicedo would teach you not to count out players being brought in to go on loan, but one thing we can learn from history is that people struggle to learn from history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports