[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where do Brighton get all the data on these cheap young players from nowhere?

Scouting software, such as Wyscout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QvFMMOdXy0

All clubs got a number of these tools... and then obviously before you sign a player, you want to see them in person as well, commonly first a scout (Adrian Whale probably in this case) and then in most cases you want someone higher up like Winstanley or Weir or even Potter to go take a look. Thats the usual procedure anyway, not sure exactly how Brighton works.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All clubs got a number of these tools... and then obviously before you sign a player, you want to see them in person as well, commonly first a scout (Adrian Whale probably in this case) and then in most cases you want someone higher up like Winstanley or Weir or even Potter to go take a look. Thats the usual procedure anyway, not sure exactly how Brighton works.

Well more than likely here at Brighton, we cut out all those middle men and just get the Royale Union Saint-Gilloise scout to go along and take his word for it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Scouting software, such as Wyscout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QvFMMOdXy0

Well more than likely here at Brighton, we cut out all those middle men and just get the Royale Union Saint-Gilloise scout to go along and take his word for it.

Given that Tony's 'day job' company Starlizard is all about gathering data on a number of sports, but especially football, he will have access to a lot of data about specific players, probably over and above what is commercially available. Plus of course, we've invested a lot of time and money into our scouting network.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Looks good actually, worth a punt.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Where do Brighton get all the data on these cheap young players from nowhere?

Asking for a friend?!

TB writes his own algorithms to find arbitrage based on key metrics from performance to physical attributes then no doubt comes up with a ‘potential ability’ value and no doubt a financial value. Either that or we just buy Football Manager every year 😜

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
StarLizard...

Sorry - I was being facetious.

What I don't know is how it works. I read somewhere that we used to have 12 scouts. Now we have 300, presumably many of them in front of a screen rather than out in the field.

Knowing what Tony Bloom is like, I guess we will never find out.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Asking for a friend?!

TB writes his own algorithms to find arbitrage based on key metrics from performance to physical attributes then no doubt comes up with a ‘potential ability’ value and no doubt a financial value. Either that or we just buy Football Manager every year ��

Yes, that's how I understand it.

I'm guessing, but I would imagine he calculates his own 'current value' and compares this against the current market value such as on Transfermarkt. He may also calculate a 'predicted future value' for each player under the microscope. He will probably factor in the known and predicted ongoing costs of ownership. If it all stacks up, and the player looks cheap, then we go and buy him. If he does all this - and I suspect he does - he is greatly reducing the risk. I don't know if he confines his searches to players who could play for a) USG, b) Brighton, c) both or d), he is not confined by these considerations at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports