Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
:facepalm:

The comparison was between wages playing in the SPL and wages for working in Tesco's. Or Asda, or MacDonalds, or Sainsbury's, or Costa Coffee, etc. No suggestion that Tesco was linked to football. No idea why you made a ridiculous issue about using Tesco as a comparison, but seemed perfectly happy to allow a comparison with McDonalds.
Do you seriously expect to make a valid argument that playing in the SPL isn't a better career than working in Tesco's? Mental if you are.

I’ll try and use short sentences so you’ll understand:

Someone says any pro footballer would rather play in the Prem than the SPL as it’s a higher level.

You mention 3 ex Brighton players in the SPL

You also say that it’s better than working in Tesco or McDonalds which wasn’t really relevant

I thought I was missing something from your post so asked

You then went on some ramble about SPL teams paying more than Tesco.

F*ck me, it’s like talking to an AI from 10 years ago when they barely worked. I didn’t think it was difficult but here we are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ll try and use short sentences so you’ll understand:

Someone says any pro footballer would rather play in the Prem than the SPL as it’s a higher level.

You mention 3 ex Brighton players in the SPL

You also say that it’s better than working in Tesco or McDonalds which wasn’t really relevant
Are you really being that dense? Of course they would rather be in the PL if they were good enough - but there's no reason why they can't be happy playing in the SPL. It is better than working in MacDonalds or any other minimum wage jib.
I thought I was missing something from your post so asked
Yes, you were obviously missing something. Still are. :facepalm:
You then went on some ramble about SPL teams paying more than Tesco.
No I didn't then go on a ramble. It was what I said in my OP that you obviously weren't able to read/comprehend properly.
F*ck me, it’s like talking to an AI from 10 years ago when they barely worked. I didn’t think it was difficult but here we are.
My view of talking to you entirely. I've explained my OP more than enough for any reasonable person to understand, but f*ck me I'm not going to bother to try getting it into your head again. Perhaps you should read my first post very slowly and carefully.
Have a good evening (preferably not on this thread).

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It’s my understanding that UEFA don’t recognise the term Loan using Temporary transfer instead. As such a player can play against anybody. Memorably Morati(?) was loaned from Real Madrid to Marseille and then scored against Real Madrid to knock them out of the European Cup. How we laughed. Local rules can and do apply obviously.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Just occurred to me that in the unlikely event of Rangers and Brighton both reaching the final of Europa he will be eligible to play against us. The final being in Dublin and young Evan obviously playing for us could be quite tasty!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No - but they're probably quite happy, and having decent careers. There is life outside the PL/

What a silly comment. Playing professional football in the SPL is obviously better paid than working in Tesco's. Anyone who thinks different is clearly an idiot
A 22 year old striker scoring regularly should be trying to impress the PL club who paid the fee and showed faith in him. Unless the interview has been twisted he doesn’t mention his contract with us.
Either that or he’s appeasing the Rangers fans knowing a move is not going to happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A 22 year old striker scoring regularly should be trying to impress the PL club who paid the fee and showed faith in him. Unless the interview has been twisted he doesn’t mention his contract with us.
Either that or he’s appeasing the Rangers fans knowing a move is not going to happen.
The first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club.

Sorry, I meant 'parent' club, while on loan at 'another' club

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you really being that dense? Of course they would rather be in the PL if they were good enough - but there's no reason why they can't be happy playing in the SPL. It is better than working in MacDonalds or any other minimum wage jib.

Yes, you were obviously missing something. Still are. :facepalm:

No I didn't then go on a ramble. It was what I said in my OP that you obviously weren't able to read/comprehend properly.

My view of talking to you entirely. I've explained my OP more than enough for any reasonable person to understand, but f*ck me I'm not going to bother to try getting it into your head again. Perhaps you should read my first post very slowly and carefully.
Have a good evening (preferably not on this thread).
Come on lads. It's (nearly) Chriiiiiiiiiiistmas!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have no idea if he actually said whats being alleged or its someones perspective, but there is no way Sima would choose Rangers over Brighton if he thought he would be starting at Brighton.
I accept Rangers is a bigger club structually, but its not financially or competively as we are in the PL.

RDZ: "Abdallah I am very happy with your progress, I have big plans for you next season in our first team and think you're ready now for the PL, or would you prefer to stay in Scotland"?

Not only would Sima choose us, you can guarantee 100% his agent will.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I have no idea if he actually said whats being alleged or its someones perspective, but there is no way Sima would choose Rangers over Brighton if he thought he would be starting at Brighton.
I accept Rangers is a bigger club structually, but its not financially or competively as we are in the PL.

RDZ: "Abdallah I am very happy with your progress, I have big plans for you next season in our first team and think you're ready now for the PL, or would you prefer to stay in Scotland"?

I actually wondered whether Billy Gilmour would chose to go back to Rangers at Ibrox on loan last January after his awful year at Norwich and at the beginning of last season with us when he struggled to get a start - but the promise of a better bank balance and more competitive level of football beckoned apparently - (and paid off eventually!)

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have no idea if he actually said what's being alleged or its someone's perspective, but there is no way Sima would choose Rangers over Brighton if he thought he would be starting at Brighton.
I accept Rangers is a bigger club structually, but its not financially or competitively as we are in the PL.

Alternatively:- RDZ: "Abdallah, you're a good player but you are not going to be part of the Albion squad next season, or the season afterwards. Get out there and put yourself in the shop window and secure a contract for yourself going forward."

No, I wasn't party to the conversation either. But Cochrane and Connolly went out on loan and signed full time for the clubs they went on loan to. Last season Spong, Jenks, Furlong and Tolaj had loans which lead to them getting a job elsewhere, and not with the Albion - not every loan is intended to develop the player into a first-teamer for the Albion.
Abdallah may have been told - or worked out for himself - that top SPL or lower to mid Championship is his level - in which case he might well want to stay at Rangers. After all, he is certainly getting the love there.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Reading an artcile in the Scottish Daily record about Sima, it says that the Manager Clement has told Rangers to buy Sima and that he really wants to make his loan move permanent.

Sima's quoted response (which they report as "leaving the door open") really is what you'd expect and doesnt say he wants to leave Brighton for Rangers, he's keeping options open (as hes wanted there)

Daily Record: ......... Sima wasn’t for shooting it down last night [speculation]. He said: “You know, in football anything can happen. To be honest I am really happy to be in Glasgow right now and wearing this special shirt for me.

“It is a team that I really like. I said in my first interview it was a club I really like. They have everything for me to be happy.

“I am happy to be here and I hope we are going to find some things from here. I am happy to be here and to be helping the team right now.”

and for exactly the same words Quoted from Sima, the Herald has headline "Abdallah Sima opens the door to permanent Rangers transfer"

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If he can score goals with us …..as well as Rangers,then he would be sold by us as a super star,and greatness awaits!! (However the really hard work is yet to start)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reading an artcile in the Scottish Daily record about Sima, it says that the Manager Clement has told Rangers to buy Sima and that he really wants to make his loan move permanent.

Sima's quoted response (which they report as "leaving the door open") really is what you'd expect and doesnt say he wants to leave Brighton for Rangers, he's keeping options open (as hes wanted there)

Daily Record: ......... Sima wasn’t for shooting it down last night [speculation]. He said: “You know, in football anything can happen. To be honest I am really happy to be in Glasgow right now and wearing this special shirt for me.

“It is a team that I really like. I said in my first interview it was a club I really like. They have everything for me to be happy.

“I am happy to be here and I hope we are going to find some things from here. I am happy to be here and to be helping the team right now.”

and for exactly the same words Quoted from Sima, the Herald has headline "Abdallah Sima opens the door to permanent Rangers transfer"

Yes, that headline is certainly ............ how shall we put it? Imaginative, I think!

Sima's quotes seem very sensible - and of course aren't committing him to anything. Good lad!

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
IMG_5364.jpeg

He’s been fantastic so far this season at Rangers but not sure he’s the sort of player that would stand out in the Premier League.

Won his first trophy today 🏆

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here