Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Of course we have, potentially at least - it depends what we put in the loan agreement.
No we don't. Not allowed as per UEFA rules hence why Courtois played against Chelsea whilst on loan at Atletico and why Coutinho scored for Bayern against Barcelona.

Chelsea even tried to pay Atletico to not have Courtois play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely every player wants to test themselves at the highest level unless he knows he’s only good enough in a noddy league.
Why? Not every player can make it to the holy of holies that is the PL. Cochrane, Goldson and Balogun, all ex-Albion, have made very satisfactory careers up there. Money might not be as good, but it sure beats many times over working at McDonald's or Tesco's - plus they get paid for doing something that they love doing.
The only barrier to Sima staying at Rangers if he wants to is that Rangers almost certainly cannot afford to buy him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That’s the one, sorry granma police 🤟
IMG_2739.jpeg

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Different European leagues have different rules: But, yes, the Premier League prevents loan players from playing against their registered club in EPL matches and FA Cup matches - but in UEFA matches it is allowed. Championship clubs can give explicit written permission in the loan agreement for players to play against parent clubs in domestic matches but ‘private agreements’ of this sort have been ruled as undermining the integrity of UEFA matches so, again, any contract that attempts to influence team selection of another club (either by enforcement or refusal to let loan player play) would be void and UEFA rules are binding on this point.

In this ruling case - Chelsea tried to enforce a contract that entitled them to a fee from Atletico if Chelsea’s GK, Courtois played against them in the CL semi-finals and UEFA’s governing body (among their deliberations) restated the rules that loan players can play against their registered club :

I do find it a bit odd that UEFA Say this is for integrity reasons when a loaned player could clearly have conflicting interests which I'd have thought was a bigger risk. The blanket ban approach makes sense to me.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Different European leagues have different rules: But, yes, the Premier League prevents loan players from playing against their registered club in EPL matches and FA Cup matches - but in UEFA matches it is allowed. Championship clubs can give explicit written permission in the loan agreement for players to play against parent clubs in domestic matches but ‘private agreements’ of this sort have been ruled as undermining the integrity of UEFA matches so, again, any contract that attempts to influence team selection of another club (either by enforcement or refusal to let loan player play) would be void and UEFA rules are binding on this point.

In this ruling case - Chelsea tried to enforce a contract that entitled them to a fee from Atletico if Chelsea’s GK, Courtois played against them in the CL semi-finals and UEFA’s governing body (among their deliberations) restated the rules that loan players can play against their registered club :

See also my post 117.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why? Not every player can make it to the holy of holies that is the PL. Cochrane, Goldson and Balogun, all ex-Albion, have made very satisfactory careers up there. Money might not be as good, but it sure beats many times over working at McDonald's or Tesco's - plus they get paid for doing something that they love doing.
The only barrier to Sima staying at Rangers if he wants to is that Rangers almost certainly cannot afford to buy him.

Are you claiming that Cochrane, Goldson & Balogun would rather play in Scotland than the Premier League?

Not sure where working in Tesco fits in to someone saying players want to test themselves at the highest level, unless there’s a TSL (Tesco Super Leage) I’m unaware of.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Are you claiming that Cochrane, Goldson & Balogun would rather play in Scotland than the Premier League?

Not sure where working in Tesco fits in to someone saying players want to test themselves at the highest level, unless there’s a TSL (Tesco Super Leage) I’m unaware of.
We call it Waitrose.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No - but they're probably quite happy, and having decent careers. There is life outside the PL/
What a silly comment. Playing professional football in the SPL is obviously better paid than working in Tesco's. Anyone who thinks different is clearly an idiot

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

According to April 2023 article UEFA ruled that this was not permitted so we have no say in it.
Interesting.

Though what we can control is whether we recall him.

Might the fact that we can't stop him playing against us if we were to draw them later in the competition influence our decision on this? Barca sure looked stupid with the countinho situation

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope the irony of this isn’t lost on you, as you were the one who brought Tesco up for no reason when it made no sense x
:facepalm:

The comparison was between wages playing in the SPL and wages for working in Tesco's. Or Asda, or MacDonalds, or Sainsbury's, or Costa Coffee, etc. No suggestion that Tesco was linked to football. No idea why you made a ridiculous issue about using Tesco as a comparison, but seemed perfectly happy to allow a comparison with McDonalds.
Do you seriously expect to make a valid argument that playing in the SPL isn't a better career than working in Tesco's? Mental if you are.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Interesting.

Might the fact that we can't stop him playing against us if we were to draw them later in the competition influence our decision on this? Barca sure looked stupid with the countinho situation
Guess it's up to the club, they will have to think about it for January, assuming we have a recall clause in the contract.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Interesting.

Doubt this is in our control. Generally recalling isn't allowed, you'd need a specific clause in the contract and I'm not convinced Rangers would have gone for that given it's not such an attractive proposition to have your plans scuppered mid season

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What concerns me is that he isn't the most technically gifted. That's important in an RDZ team, particularly in a wide attacker.

Mitoma, João Pedro, Adingra, Enciso, Fati... All have great technique in close quarters.

Though maybe Sima as someone rapid and strong who can finish well will give us a different option.
that's what Enciso offered.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Doubt this is in our control. Generally recalling isn't allowed, you'd need a specific clause in the contract and I'm not convinced Rangers would have gone for that given it's not such an attractive proposition to have your plans scuppered mid season
You could be right.

But whilst we're negotiating the loan we're in a position to mention to them that we could offer him to celtic.

With a loan of a young player, the prospective loanee club doesn't have a strong bargaining position

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here