Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
All that matters this season now is staying up and with the additions made and Baldock & O'Grady hopefully now finding the net more regularly along with some useful players coming back from injury, relegation looks a lot less likely now than it did a few week ago. It seems Hughton is happy enough with our business and the squad and is confident of keeping us up so it makes little sense to spunk money needlessly on players now we are accelerating out of the post Hyppia disaster area. Whoever the clown above is, Spadge is it? He insists on big marquee signings or else he's not renewing his ST! He will not be missed by anyone here or at the club and can spend his hard earned cash on Sky Sports subscription, no-one gives a toss.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After reading COG's recent comments in the Argus, I hope he stays next season too. He's easily good enough to be competing for a starting XI place from his position as a regular squad member. I reckon (and hope) we'll go for another target man to compete with him, keep Colunga and Baldock (both of whom look perfectly acceptable when playing alongside COG and through the middle), and finally bin CMS who has tried hard but sadly shown he's not up to it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It is as good as it gets the transfer news is he is not being transferred, now we will have this every few hours for the rest of squad

MASSIVE TRANSFER NEWS!!!!

Greer and Calderon are NOT leaving in this window.

I expect they'll be working late at the Argus now

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Its just a paycheck to him, nothing more than that. Still lives in Brighton and loves it here.

No, he loves it at Palace, you can tell he's very happy by his body language. Both the club and the fans appreciate him unlike how the majority of your lot treated him (booed him away at Brentford I believe?)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very pleased that CO'G is staying. Has been fantastic recently!

It's a shame if we're not going to sign any more players. I'm confident with Best and Kayal coming in and Stephens and LuaLua hopefully on the way back that we'll have enough to stay up. However, I fear we're going to have to sign a lot more players in the summer and that's going to cause similar problems to this season (although at least Hughton will be in from the end of the season and be picking his own players).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So "O'Grady will not leave the club this transfer window."

I half expect the club to announce on Tuesday that his contract has been terminated by mutual consent.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I really hope O'Grady can push on now for the rest of the season. His recent performances have shown how good he can be, lets hope he can keep it going!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No, he loves it at Palace, you can tell he's very happy by his body language. Both the club and the fans appreciate him unlike how the majority of your lot treated him (booed him away at Brentford I believe?)

Don't you have some shops to set on fire?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This stuff about needing millions to invest in the squad to make the play offs next season is a load of bollocks. You only have to look at our results against Championship sides since Spami left - W4 D1 L1, which is top 2 form - to see where the real problem has been this season. It's too late for this year, but the next 19 matches will give CH a proper look at the squad and a chance to make 3-4 new signings in the summer once he has decided where the weaknesses are.

Edit to add: really pleased with retention of both COG and Halford in this window, as well as not losing Dunk or Ince.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Ahh bless. He was treated very well here apart from when he was clearly unfit and/or needed more money and slapped in a couple of transfer requests. Your lot must be paying him well which will keep Glenn very happy, personally I couldn't care less about him but I'll pass on my regards for you fanboy next time I bump into him at the local Waitrose.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have enough to stay up and probably mid table so no great shock minimal changes have been made. Save the proper dealings for the summer when it's cheaper and more players move

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Ahh bless. He was treated very well here apart from when he was clearly unfit and/or needed more money and slapped in a couple of transfer requests. Your lot must be paying him well which will keep Glenn very happy, personally I couldn't care less about him but I'll pass on my regards for you fanboy next time I bump into him at the local Waitrose.

You do that! Must be weird seeing a Premier League player around Brighton!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My biggest issue with the club over the last year has been that the fans have been asked to pay more to see a vastly inferior product. With the Academy done and FFP loosened we can invest more* in the squad. My gut instinct is that this process has started. I would expect (but don't know) that Hughton would be on more than the untested Hyypia. I imagine Best was on a fair chunk at the chicken farmers.

Whatever, it is an independently verified FACT that the playing budget has increased as Tony stated - it just hasn't been used very well up to now.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

*more of Tony's personal money that is

Where have you been for the last 40 odd years. Ever since following the club from 1976, year on year the price goes up (possibly with a couple of exceptions) and a lot of that time the dross served up hasn't been good. The 90s spring to mind! Of course there are some years which are better than the preceding one but I can't honestly recall the club setting prices to relate to the anticipated standard of football!

Are you a C02K??? The club has received £14 million+ in player sales and spent around £2 million on players, many underachievers.

I don't feel i get value for money paying out for a season ticket every year.

It is blatantly clear the club are trying to operate on the cheap!

£325k on a Israeli international from Celtic might be impressive to you but i would rather of had Chalobah on loan from Chelsea, now that would of made me a little bit excited. How many of you have truthfully heard of Beram Kayal before Brighton signed him?

Leon Best does not exactly set my word on fire either, nor does any of the signings made in the summer.

(Added through edited) Despite my reservations on them I always have and will continue to support the Albion every week and hope they prove me wrong!

Maybe i have been spoilt in recent years when we signed Ulloa, Orlandi, Bridge, Upson, Buckley, Bruno, Vicente etc.but since the end of last season my enthusiasm has been battered and i need a break.

Just saying..............

So when exactly did you start going to Albion games, sounds like only the Amex years. If you think you need a break just because of our poor first half of the season then perhaps supporting a football club isn't for you.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Must confess I was convinced COG was off.

I'm happy enough that he's staying as I think he's better than both CMS and Baldock.

Not likely, but if CMS goes and we bring in another striker to replace him in this transfer window then it's win win all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here