Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
In January, it's almost impossible to find and buy a quality striker unless you want to get completely ripped off, plus there's no real urgency to splash out. We just need to try and consolidate our position in this division then get rid of some of the deadwood off the wagebill in the summer.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
At least the club are being a bit more forthcoming this window and not stringing us along with no information until deadline day and letting us all down by not signing anyone on that day.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well that's disappointing.

Not because COG is staying (even though he's not good enough) but because it probably means we aren't going to get an inspired signing this transfer window, apart from maybe Kayal.

So a man of the match performance against the team who would be top had we not beaten them and a goal against a top 5 premier league team isn't good enough

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Hughton said: "I don't anticipate too much more happening. There has been a bit of speculation about Chris O'Grady. We're delighted with him and certainly I'm delighted with what I have seen from Chris.

"Certainly he won't be going anywhere, which I'm delighted to say. You get to know players over a period of time and certainly what he has shown in my period here probably puts a stop to lots of speculation that we are going to hear.

That's quite a lot of delight and, indeed, a fair amount of certainty.

albionite

May 20, 2009
G
Already stated at the start of the season the club hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Another uninspired transfer window, i appreciate the team has done better over the last few weeks but for me to enjoy football I have to be excited and for a few months now my mojo has well and truly gone. The squad needs millions invested in it to return it to play off contenders. If they thought the gap between the relegated sides and them was big..... well bad news.....next year it will be bigger and many of the already relegated teams have cut there cloth accordingly.

I won't be renewing next season, its time to give the family some devoted attention and invest my hard earned money in something else I enjoy.

I will be back at the Amex. but only after significant investment in the team.

What a stupid post.
So who comes up with this money to spend millions if you don't buy your ticket? Go back to supporting Chelsea.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You say that, but we signed Ulloa in January.

Yeah, but we'd been scouting him for months. Hughton has been here for 1 month and we've recently got rid of our head of football operations. It would be the worst possible time to make a 'big' signing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I slashed my wrist when the club sold £14 million pound worth of talent and then spent 10% of that on replacements!

My biggest issue with the club over the last year has been that the fans have been asked to pay more to see a vastly inferior product. With the Academy done and FFP loosened we can invest more* in the squad. My gut instinct is that this process has started. I would expect (but don't know) that Hughton would be on more than the untested Hyypia. I imagine Best was on a fair chunk at the chicken farmers.

Whatever, it is an independently verified FACT that the playing budget has increased as Tony stated - it just hasn't been used very well up to now.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

*more of Tony's personal money that is

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Good news in my book. Been a real plus since being given the opportunity to play since Xmas and a REAL effective target man. Seems a good bloke too from his interviews. Feel a bit sorry for his family though...haven't they moved back north??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good news in my book. Been a real plus since being given the opportunity to play since Xmas and a REAL effective target man. Seems a good bloke too from his interviews. Feel a bit sorry for his family though...haven't they moved back north??

They did but then have moved back again.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
G

What a stupid post.
So who comes up with this money to spend millions if you don't buy your ticket? Go back to supporting Chelsea.

Are you a C02K??? The club has received £14 million+ in player sales and spent around £2 million on players, many underachievers.

I don't feel i get value for money paying out for a season ticket every year.

It is blatantly clear the club are trying to operate on the cheap!

£325k on a Israeli international from Celtic might be impressive to you but i would rather of had Chalobah on loan from Chelsea, now that would of made me a little bit excited. How many of you have truthfully heard of Beram Kayal before Brighton signed him?

Leon Best does not exactly set my word on fire either, nor does any of the signings made in the summer.

(Added through edited) Despite my reservations on them I always have and will continue to support the Albion every week and hope they prove me wrong!

Maybe i have been spoilt in recent years when we signed Ulloa, Orlandi, Bridge, Upson, Buckley, Bruno, Vicente etc.but since the end of last season my enthusiasm has been battered and i need a break.

Just saying..............

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Already stated at the start of the season the club hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Another uninspired transfer window, i appreciate the team has done better over the last few weeks but for me to enjoy football I have to be excited and for a few months now my mojo has well and truly gone. The squad needs millions invested in it to return it to play off contenders. If they thought the gap between the relegated sides and them was big..... well bad news.....next year it will be bigger and many of the already relegated teams have cut there cloth accordingly.

I won't be renewing next season, its time to give the family some devoted attention and invest my hard earned money in something else I enjoy.

I will be back at the Amex. but only after significant investment in the team.

Bye then, you won't be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here