Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex?

Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex

• Total voters

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
If Dick Knight has a stand named after him I will not be sitting in it. Tony will not have a stand named after him

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
If Dick Knight has a stand named after him I will not be sitting in it. Tony will not name a stand after him

Barry Stir

Nov 3, 2009
I agree with Bosnian. Why should he have a stand named after him in a ground he failed to build and would never have built. I would rather sit in the Perry Digweed stand.

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
I agree with Bosnian. Why should he have a stand named after him in a ground he failed to build and would never have built. I would rather sit in the Perry Digweed stand.

Perry Digweed stand, now you are talking. A bit of class rather than than sitting in a stand named after the potless bearded one

Barry Stir

Nov 3, 2009
Perhaps we should name the area for complimentary tickets after him to reflect his financial contribution.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me the statue is more important than the stand name.

How many Chelsea fans know who Matthew Harding is? How many Watford fans know who Stanley Rous is? They have stands named after them.

If you have a statue then it's a much more personal, longer-lasting thing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That always amazes me a stand at Stamford Bridge named after a man who lent them money not gave them money at an extorniate rate because he knew the banks would not lend them it. It certainly helped them out and he was a fan but he didnt do it for nothing and his 'generosity'could not be compared to what DK did for us in terms of achievement and not financially.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
people talking about fat boy slim and others have made me think obviously not enough stand to name one after all of them
so how about a walk of fame

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If Dick Knight gets a stand named after him I will not be sitting in it

And I'm sure he wouldn't give a flying f*** where you sat either. I think you'd need quite a small stand to yourself as I don't imagine you'd have many friends here with that attitude.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes me chuckle when people say DK would not want it, not much he wouldn't. He loved the position he held at the club, hense why he hung on maybe two three years to long. As for stand nameing, im not against the idea but lets remember although Dick was the figure head, he was not alone in saving this club. The fans saved this club every bit as much as Dick.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Makes me chuckle when people say DK would not want it, not much he wouldn't. He loved the position he held at the club, hense why he hung on maybe two three years to long. As for stand nameing, im not against the idea but lets remember although Dick was the figure head, he was not alone in saving this club. The fans saved this club every bit as much as Dick.

just asChurchill was

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
This with bells on. Dick Knight is a legend for what he did, but there are lots and lots of other people who also played large parts in getting us to where we are. Leave it as is

Very much agree with Stumpy Tim/Giraffe.

Its almost insulting to Paul Samrah, Tim Carder, Lord Bracknell and a number of other unsung heroes if all the credit goes to Dick, as many on here appear to be suggesting. All these individuals spent countless unpaid hours under the stewardship of Dick fighting Archer etc and finally taking us to the promised land.

However if it was "The Dick Knight representing all those who have made a major contribution Stand", then that I could vote for (and the signwriter would be very happy).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here