Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
he got us a long way for someone who was potless, saved the club and gave us a few promotions, living within our means and paying our way (ok, with subs from a few friends).

Saved us from going into oblivion, got us 3 promotions and planning permission for a new stadium, all while potless'. Albion, legend in my eyes, deserves to have some sort of major recognition at the new stadium.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Rather than a stand, I think the track up from the station should be called "Knight's Way"; with the cycletrack to Moulsecoomb dubbed "Perry's Path".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rather than a stand, I think the track up from the station should be called "Knight's Way"; with the cycletrack to Moulsecoomb dubbed "Perry's Path".
Wrong way round. The track from the station should be called "Perry Ferry" and the cycletrack to Moulescoomb named "Knight rider" :jester:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No, as much as i appreciate eveything DK did for the club.

Further down the line maybe, but for me there is significant money to be made in naming rights to the stands.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Saved us from going into oblivion, got us 3 promotions and planning permission for a new stadium, all while potless'. Albion, legend in my eyes, deserves to have some sort of major recognition at the new stadium.

Absolutely. And if Bournemouth can have THIS monstrosity, I think it's the least he deserves

513419-1.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Remember when Dick Knight used to stand in the Northstand at the Goldstone so naming the Northstand at the Amex would be a fitting tribute. It does not have to cover any advertising boardings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Further down the line maybe, but for me there is significant money to be made in naming rights to the stands.

You clearly don't appreciate it that much then, just imo like. It would be quite easy to have it as the Dick Knight Stand sponsored by *******, so we may not get top dollar but we'd still get local companies willing to go down that road, I think :shrug:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
On the poll see 3 voted against and one not fussed either way...yet there is so far only one antiposting on here...somebody not got the courage of their convictions.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
101% without Dick Knight there simply wouldnt be a Brighton & Hove Albion NUFF SAID !!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Generally, I don't think chairmen should have stands named after them. Football is about players, and I just feel long-serving playing legends is more appropriate. Maybe I'd name one of the better dining/conference suites inside the West Stand after him instead. But I do accept that this could be an exceptional case, and Knight did more as chairman for this club than many elsewhere, even if the job wasn't quite finished until Bloom came along.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm no brand expert, but I would have thought naming rights for individual stands would have a lot more value if the whole stadium wasn't so associated with another brand, so you may as well do a couple for Knight/playing legends.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm sure the club said that they would never sell the North Stand for advertising rights, so if they called it the Dick Knight North Stand or something that would solve the problem.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm no brand expert, but I would have thought naming rights for individual stands would have a lot more value if the whole stadium wasn't so associated with another brand, so you may as well do a couple for Knight/playing legends.

Or just keep it as North / South / East / West which sounds better anyway.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No there isn't - according to people who've been on the stadium tours, they haven't been able to sell the naming rights.

Well if that is the case then Im happy to name one after him.

I personally dont think DK would want it anyway, If we as Fans connot appreciate what Dick did for us over the years and need a Stand named after him to remind us then thats a pretty poor show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports