Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have a Dick Knight Stand in the Amex

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure what is going on with the naming of the stands but I feel quite strongly that DK should have one of them named after him.

I'm noticing more and more a tendency for fans on here to go down the Dick Tight potless pillock route when comparing him to TB.

I really hope his part in our survival does not become diluted in fans minds, especially the ones who were not old enough to know what was going on, or perhaps not even born when he took over.

He was not perfect and he may have held on too long, who knows, but imo we would quite likely not have a club in it's current state if he had not taken on what was undoubtably a poisoned chalice back in the 90's

Whaddya reckon??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The stands are for sponsorship but the Supporter's bar is called Dick's bar. Whether that is enough in the eyes of the fans is debatable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The stands are for sponsorship but the Supporter's bar is called Dick's bar. Whether that is enough in the eyes of the fans is debatable.

Feckin insult imo, nowhere near enough recognition imo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he got us a long way for someone who was potless, saved the club and gave us a few promotions, living within our means and paying our way (ok, with subs from a few friends).

Without him we very likely wouldn't have survived....at least not in the sense that we do now. It is a fact that he doesn't and didn't have the
resources that Tony Bloom has at his disposal. For him then to have stepped up to the mark like he did makes him more of a legend in my eyes. A stand
should be named after him at the very least....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The man will always be a legend in my eyes. No true supporter would disagree that he should have a stand named after him!

Simples, if DK hadn't saved our club we wouldn't have a club to support! End of story!:clap2::bowdown::clap2::bowdown::clap2:

Thanks Dickie boy for everything you have done for my club:wave:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
well if not a stand what about the road that leads up to the stadium ?? i guess the roads will need naming ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm on the fence. I'd definitely like a stand named after him, but not if it took away from advertising revenue, which is crucial when the rules mean you can only spend what you earn.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course we should. The man is one of the biggest legends this club has ever seen. In fact, I'd name the North stand after him as there is a lot of symbolism there, and the west stand after Bloom, reflecting his role in turning us into a big(ish) club again.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Most definitely yes. As mentioned already he did not have the resources like Tony Bloom but he did what as needed - bring us home and get Falmer sorted. The fact we had a LOT of excitement along the way with promotion, relegation and a play off final made it all the more of a ride.

Thank you Mr Knight for ensuring our club survived and for pointing the way to the promised land.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes from me as well. He always had the clubs interest at heart, unlike his predecessor.

This should be a poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports