Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope its better than the ones he gave on Saturday, unless they were badly edited he just talked about the need to not stop the airshow, missed the enormity of the accident and the pain and anguish of the victims family and friends. Hopefully he has changed his stance and helping the community deal with this tragic event on our doorsteps.

I didnt hear him then.....but from what you said, todays seems to have been different ..i guess we will al have different opinions ..but he hit my feelings when he said there was a very sombre mood around Shoreham town yesterday..you could almost feel it

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I hope its better than the ones he gave on Saturday, unless they were badly edited he just talked about the need to not stop the airshow, missed the enormity of the accident and the pain and anguish of the victims family and friends. Hopefully he has changed his stance and helping the community deal with this tragic event on our doorsteps.

No fan of Loughton but it must be tricky to pitch it right in those circumstances. That said, a simple 'too early to say too much' may have been more appropriate.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I didnt hear him then.....but from what you said, todays seems to have been remarkably different ..i guess we will al have different opinions ..but he hit my feelings when he said there was a very sore mood around Shoreham town yesterday..you could almost feel it

Yes, and it feels like it will be around for days and weeks to come, a tough job being put up in front of the cameras.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I posted this on the Walsall ticket thread last night, probably too late for responses on a Sunday evening so I reposted below.

If it's out of place to suggest then sorry - but with what happened to the Walsall fans in Tunisia and the events of the other day, should we place some flowers behind each goal, I know it's nothing really but just an idea.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I posted this on the Walsall ticket thread last night, probably too late for responses on a Sunday evening so I reposted below.

If it's out of place to suggest then sorry - but with what happened to the Walsall fans in Tunisia and the events of the other day, should we place some flowers behind each goal, I know it's nothing really but just an idea.
In a word no, where does it end?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My dads opinion, as a retired RAF engineer, is that the pilot did not allow for the conditions in that loop. Hot, dry, cloudless conditions means "thinner" air and therefore meant far less air resistance (as anyone who follows cricket would know) for pulling up out of that loop. He just did not allow the altitude for the conditions and cut it too fine. If it wasn't a stall, and the fact it didn't plummet but went down on the belly (ie it had started pulling up), might bear this out.

Interesting post
Almost exactly 24 hours earlier after very heavy rainfall and complete cloud cover a plane was performing a complete practice flight over the airfield. It was unusual as normally part of the flight could be seen above or below the clouds but it was out of view virtually the whole time and I stopped watching.
This muggy air and low & high level cloud cover would have given any pilot completely different conditions than that the day after.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I didn't get her name, but some poor women was just on Radio 5 interviewed by Adrian Harms.

She was on her way to work just in front of the crash and stopped her car, she said people were running around and then a big fireball engulfed the area, her instant thoughts were get away, let the emgerency services get in, and get to work where I can be around people, sounds like she just sat in the canteen until her son on law picked her up.

Through a post on Facebook, sun journalists managed to track her down and bluff their way into her house and appeared in her front room, they printed 'Women drive through fireball and then goes to work'. The poor women is in shock and was in tears, she is now receiving abuse from people online saying she should of stayed and helped, what the hell could she have done.

What is it that makes people turn into such thoughtless knobs on line. They press should be getting her help, not profiteering from her story.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I didn't get her name, but some poor women was just on Radio 5 interviewed by Adrian Harms.

She was on her way to work just in front of the crash and stopped her car, she said people were running around and then a big fireball engulfed the area, her instant thoughts were get away, let the emgerency services get in, and get to work where I can be around people, sounds like she just sat in the canteen until her son on law picked her up.

Through a post on Facebook, sun journalists managed to track her down and bluff their way into her house and appeared in her front room, they printed 'Women drive through fireball and then goes to work'. The poor women is in shock and was in tears, she is now receiving abuse from people online saying she should of stayed and helped, what the hell could she have done.

What is it that makes people turn into such thoughtless knobs on line. They press should be getting her help, not profiteering from her story.

That is simply disgraceful beyond belief.

I did have a thought journalists might contact people through NSC as so devious but thankfully it would appear not so far.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
BBC Sussex interviewed a guy who was at the scene (around 8:40 Monday morning if on listen again). Think it may have been the chap who recorded the video with the 'has anyone checked the car?' audio. He was very shaken up and regrets taking the video.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I was going to take my Nephew down to the show on Sunday, My sister rung me to say the show had been cancelled Saturday evening when I was sat having a pint after the Palace game.

Terrible tragedy, My thoughts and condolences go out to the families and friends affected by this appalling accident.

Front page of the Metro this morning had pictures of three of the young lads that were killed, All in the prime of their lives with so much to look forward to. Terribly sad.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Here at Heathrow, going on holiday. Seems unreal seeing pics of this tragedy from my home town on all the front pages. We were in that traffic earlier Saturday, & had friends who were very close to it at the time. Just feel very sad for those affected.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The hardest 48 hours of my life, but I live in hope.

We're all with you mate. NSC might be a weird and angry place sometimes, but as is proved in times like this, we're a strong family too and look out for one another when need be. Praying for your brother

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here