• no never

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • yes once

Votes: 23 18.9%

• Total voters

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I work every minute that I'm paid for as I work flexi time, I ask if I can print off a personal email and the other examples you give are not criminal offences.
Stealing is a criminal offence no matter how much you try to justify it.

I was not getting into what is or is not a criminal act. I was just pointing out to the holy than thou community who decry theft as it COSTS them personally something, that they well be guilty of the same offence, perpetrated in other ways.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Wow. The moral compass of the world amazes me sometimes. Quotes like "stealing from big companies is a victimless crime" are really depressing.

Let's put this another way - Brighton are a massive club in terms of net-worth, assets, status and support. Does this mean we can all nick stuff from the club shop next time we go there?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wow. There is a lot of disdain and bitterness on this thread towards people who don't break the law.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow. The moral compass of the world amazes me sometimes. Quotes like "stealing from big companies is a victimless crime" are really depressing.

Let's put this another way - Brighton are a massive club in terms of net-worth, assets, status and support. Does this mean we can all nick stuff from the club shop next time we go there?

There were many who took 'free' travel last season, even boasting about it, who contributed to the deficit that the club faces. Perry said it amounted to a seven figure sum.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I was not getting into what is or is not a criminal act.

You know, if someone is caught in possession of someone else's property without having paid for it I have a sneaking suspicion I know whether or not it is a criminal act.

I'm glad I don't live in the same neighbourhood as some of the pikeys who have posted on this thread....

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Kid you are or are a long way down the road to being an alcoholic and it sounds like you may need some help with this.

Sorry to dissapoint but I'm not an alcoholic but a binge drinker. I stay sober for all but 2 or 3 days a month but on those days I go radio and drink to extreme excess. Probably not healthy but f*** it, you only live once.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There were many who took 'free' travel last season, even boasting about it, who contributed to the deficit that the club faces. Perry said it amounted to a seven figure sum.

Thousands of fans thieving from the club :angry:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People are really struggling to understand this aren't they.

Not one person has condoned stealing on this thread. Stealing is bad in any situation and personally I wouldn't do it, I nicked a few sweets when I was a kid but that's it.

If I saw someone being robbed I would help (and have done on a train once), if I saw someone burgling a house I would call the OB, If I saw someone nicking from a small shop then I would do something (not call the OB though) - all of these crimes have an immediate and indentifiable victim.

There is no victim in taking food from the supermarket, the "putting the prices up" argument is bullshit. I've seen the theory, but nobody can show me an actual mechanism that exists to link product prices to theft. It's buried under the umbrella of wastage, and they probably throw as much food in the bin through over ordering as they have stolen from stores. They charge as much as they can get away with while paying their supplier as little as possible, anyone that thinks shopping would cost less if theft were eradicated is living in cloud cuckoo land, their profit would just be a fraction of a % higher.

Some of you need to add some balance to your thinking, morality is not as simple as black and white, good and bad. Being vindictive towards someone that i've never met and potentially ruining their life for the sake of a tiny fraction of a days takings just doen't sit well with me. If they get caught by security or CCTV then more fool them, but I wouldn't want it on my conscience.

I wasn't going to post on this thread but I've got to say that is a top post. Totally agree.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is no victim in taking food from the supermarket

Thanks for your insight , supermarket workers get paid an annual bonus to make up for the crap wages based on improving productivity. Shoplifting personally affects me because next month I'm only getting a 75% payout instead of 100% which in monetary terms means I'll lose out on about £100 after stoppages.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks for your insight , supermarket workers get paid an annual bonus to make up for the crap wages based on improving productivity. Shoplifting personally affects me because next month I'm only getting a 75% payout instead of 100% which in monetary terms means I'll lose out on about £100 after stoppages.

This is not because of shop lifting this is because your employers are *****. They can use what ever excuse they like for cutting your bonus but in reality they are doing because you work for *****.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really ?? Does your boss look at you pityingly and say " just print the f***ing thing and dont bother me with crap like this again"?

He says "okay but if it runs for two pages you can f*** off about even thinking about using a staple, I'm not made of money!"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is not because of shop lifting this is because your employers are *****. They can use what ever excuse they like for cutting your bonus but in reality they are doing because you work for *****.

Doesn't explain why the majority of stores are getting 100% plus a few in excess of 120% around the UK. Those getting more than 100% have reduced the losses due to shoplifting.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
A group of young lads stole 20 cases of Red Bull from our local shop last week. I don't know how the bastards manage to sleep at night.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Doesn't explain why the majority of stores are getting 100% plus a few in excess of 120% around the UK. Those getting more than 100% have reduced the losses due to shoplifting.

You are losing your bonus due to something entirely out of your control (or because they have found an arbitrary reason not to give it to you) while others are still getting theirs? I think my explanation covers it perfectly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You are losing your bonus due to something entirely out of your control (or because they have found an arbitrary reason not to give it to you) while others are still getting theirs? I think my explanation covers it perfectly.

No it doesn't , other stores are getting a full bonus or extra because they have controlled or reduced the level of shoplifting. If my employers were that ****ish we wouldn't get any bonus to begin with.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No it doesn't , other stores are getting a full bonus or extra because they have controlled or reduced the level of shoplifting. If my employers were that ****ish we wouldn't get any bonus to begin with.

If your employers weren't ***** they would pay you decent wages so you they didn't need to give you a bonus they could take away from you for a made up reason.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If your employers weren't ***** they would pay you decent wages so you they didn't need to give you a bonus they could take away from you for a made up reason.

All employers in the UK are the same at the moment , they can get away with paying crap wages because of massive unemployment and migrant workers taking nearly all the minimum wage jobs.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I did it once when I was six years old and I've never done it again. Here is why:

As was common on a Saturday morning at the age of six I was dragged into Worthing town centre by my mum as company whilst she wandered around shops not buying anything she tried on. On this particular day mum took me into Woolworths to get some pick n mix for after dinner. Pick n mix duly selected and paid for we left the shop at which time I produced a packet of tic-tacs I'd pocketed. My mum, realising her little boy had just become a criminal, marched me back into the shop and demanded to speak to the manager.

The manager turned up with a smile asking what the problem was. She pushed me toward him and said "Tell the man what you've done and say sorry" which I promptly did; you don't piss about when my mum is in a rotten mood. She did this at the front of the store, in front of other parents, kids, staff, old ladies with disapproving tuts. It was horrible but I could handle the embarrassment, I was six after all. But then! Then she took me home, told my dad about it all and he took away my pick n mix as punishment.

That's all it took for me to realise I'm not cut out for a life of crime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here