Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton *** Official Match Thread ***

Yoda

English & European
Yep I was there for that. Cracking goal - took us a while to realise he'd scored from that far out. Poor performance though if I recall...

2-0 Wednesday for me. Hopefully have Kayal & Stephens back in the middle in 2 weeks :)

Remember it well, out swinging half volley from about 30 yards out. Didn't they have Pressman back in goal then as well?

Also remember seeing CKR score with a well placed header in a draw one evening match on Sky, so at least I've seen more goals than some by the looks of it. :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What's a puff? Northern Cockwombles can't even insult us properly. :kiss:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Considering our record there, and the fact our best midfield pairing are both out I'm thinking were going to get a very lucky win

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
No Kayal AND stephens, So.... No midfield to speak of. lofted balls and counter attack football only option!.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well because I've still got money that I haven't spent yet. I'm going to be stupid enough to put a fiver on Sidwell to score (anytime) at 10/1. And because I'm stupider than stupid and couldn't resist the odds, I've even had a fiver on him to score TWO at 100/1!
I assume he's generously quoted as he doesn't usually start, but perhaps Bet365 haven't twigged he probably will today. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well because I've still got money that I haven't spent yet. I'm going to be stupid enough to put a fiver on Sidwell to score (anytime) at 10/1. And because I'm stupider than stupid and couldn't resist the odds, I've even had a fiver on him to score TWO at 100/1!
I assume he's generously quoted as he doesn't usually start, but perhaps Bet365 haven't twigged he probably will today. :shrug:

Fwiw I had a feeling earlier today that Sidwell would score today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Remember it well, out swinging half volley from about 30 yards out. Didn't they have Pressman back in goal then as well?

Also remember seeing CKR score with a well placed header in a draw one evening match on Sky, so at least I've seen more goals than some by the looks of it. :lolol:

Watched that game in a bar in Budapest a rare CKR moment of genius

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
One of those matches I'm feeling very nervous about. Wednesday are picking up a bit of form and we can't hide from the fact we have a seriously understrength midfield. Our record at Hillsborough is woeful. In the circumstances a draw would be an excellent result....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tough, tough game today. We always struggle up there and Kayal and Stephens being out is a massive(no pun intended) loss for us. They allow us to play 4-4-2 so well. We are poorer as a team wit one of them missing...with two?:eek:

It'll be interesting to see what Hughton does. 4-5-1 would in theory offer us more solidity but we rarely play well when we line up like that. Does he go 4-4-2 and hope Sidwell and Norwood can do enough to keep us competitive? Does he play Baldock deeper and let him drop into midfield when we don't have the ball.

I'll take a draw now if offered. I'll bite your hand off for a guaranteed clean sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here