Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interest in what you're saying about March there. I won't go into details but fairly confident he really enjoys playing for BHA and has a decent head on his shoulders. As I say, won't go into details but did you think he was close to going to Southampton...? Be interesting to hear your answer to that one... You know Solly's agent then I presume?..

Robert Codner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure I'd be very whelmed by Duffy's arrival, especially not for £4.5 million. If it happens, though, hope I'm proved wrong.

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
The way I see it. Blackburn have been in a bit of turmoil to use a cliché. Shane Duffy is pretty similar to Lewis Dunk except he hasn't played in a settled team, challenging at the top of the championship.

If he and Dunk had a run in the team and the albion continue overachieving, he could be worth £10m.
Should we get promoted as a result of his performances, the figure could be higher.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The way I see it. Blackburn have been in a bit of turmoil to use a cliché. Shane Duffy is pretty similar to Lewis Dunk except he hasn't played in a settled team, challenging at the top of the championship.

If he and Dunk had a run in the team and the albion continue overachieving, he could be worth £10m.
Should we get promoted as a result of his performances, the figure could be higher.

At what stage does the 'overachieving' become 'hey, we've actually got a good side/squad'?

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
At what stage does the 'overachieving' become 'hey, we've actually got a good side/squad'?

Again this is only my opinion, but when you are finishing above clubs with a larger budget or appetite to spend then that is overachieving.
Assembling the quality we have in knockaert, kayal, dunk etc. is just evidence of the overachieving.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Again this is only my opinion, but when you are finishing above clubs with a larger budget or appetite to spend then that is overachieving.
Assembling the quality we have in knockaert, kayal, dunk etc. is just evidence of the overachieving.
I don't think we are overachieving at all. We are a very stable club with an excellent respected manager and good fan base. Our budget is very competitive. I expect a top 6 finish and so does Bloom at the very least

phoenix

May 18, 2009

That's called good recruitment.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Or its called wise recruitment? Interesting that after Newcastle's latest spending spree their fans are wondering why they didn't sign Murray.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Shane Duffy

As posted last week this is going to be a waste of money if we keep the other three main CB - wasn't uwe £2m too?

Hopefully we can let ince move on at least if this comes through. Maybe Stephens sale will fund this which is fine as long as we spend £3m or so on a centre mid.

Hanley went for £5m and he's a complete donkey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here