Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Duffy is very much like Dunk in build, played half as many games, scored three times as many own goals.

We only have six experienced defenders (if fit). In a squad of 25, I would expect eight and at least two left footers.

Come in numbers 12 & 22. One more injury in defence and our whole season could get Southern Railed.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Duffy is very much like Dunk in build, played half as many games, scored three times as many own goals.

We only have six experienced defenders (if fit). In a squad of 25, I would expect eight and at least two left footers.

Come in numbers 12 & 22. One more injury in defence and our whole season could get Southern Railed.

Agreed. We are going into what could be the toughest away game this season with possibly our weakest defensive line up. Probably too late to make a difference now even if we did sign him or someone else for CB

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Duffy is a bit of a gamble. Rohan Ince is the more experienced player, who has played more games at Championship level.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Duffy is a bit of a gamble. Rohan Ince is the more experienced player, who has played more games at Championship level.

Perseus, I love your enthusiasm but this post is more than bonkers.
An established international CB is not a gamble, a squad player DM who likes passing to the opposition isn't in the equation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Definitely down to Gus. We were monitoring Ulloa,waiting for his Spanish passport whilst John Stephenson was football director, before Burke arrived.

*wish it didn't have to be so binary when discussing merits of a manager, player, head of recruitment etc.
A lot of duffers were signed whilst he was here. Equally some good signings which he was responsible for, including Ulloa. (however much we'd been tracking him before he arrived)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Duffy, 24, has made 101 Champ appearances for Blackburn and Yeovil.
Ince, 23, has made 82 appearances for Albion and Fulham

Duffy has also appeared in the Europa League, the finals of the Euros for Ireland and has made 5 appearances in the Prem League for Everton.
Ince hasn't been a regular Champ starter for over a year. Duffy made 41 appearances for Blackburn last season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Id be intrigued to know where perseus got the idea that Ince had made more championship appearances from. Maybe he added Rohan and Thomas Inces appearances together

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I fear that you have uncovered some DUFF information there.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
*wish it didn't have to be so binary when discussing merits of a manager, player, head of recruitment etc.
A lot of duffers were signed whilst he was here. Equally some good signings which he was responsible for, including Ulloa. (however much we'd been tracking him before he arrived)

It's amusing that he can't claim Ulloa cos we'd been tracking him for ages, and he can't have Kayal either despite arriving a couple of weeks after he left.

I doubt CH turned up and suggested Kayal so we went and signed him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What's so implausible about that?

its possible but what is implausible is that Burke had *nothing* to do with any of the players that have had long term careers and arrived during his tenure and were "successes" (lets say Ulloa, Stephens, Baldock, Stockdale etc) and everything to do with the perceived failures (lets say COG, Paddy McAloon, Agustien and Gardner etc )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's amusing that he can't claim Ulloa cos we'd been tracking him for ages, and he can't have Kayal either despite arriving a couple of weeks after he left.

I doubt CH turned up and suggested Kayal so we went and signed him.

I think that's exactly what happened. Hughton tried to sign Kayal when he was at Norwich.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Id be intrigued to know where perseus got the idea that Ince had made more championship appearances from. Maybe he added Rohan and Thomas Inces appearances together

I forgot Yeovil were in the Championship. Duffy has played 63 for Blackburn. Ince has played 72 for Brighton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor says its "edging closer". same words as his Lancashire Telegraph colleague from last night.

[tweet]769069075741995008[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here