Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We have accepted, or as good as accepted a fee for Dunk. Sometimes you just cannot stand in a players way.
Don't get your point about the wingers. We had two for last season and signed two more. We now have 5, but Solly March's agent is always trying to move him on, so expect him or Lua Lua to be off, maybe not now, but by January at the latest

Who have we accepted a fee from? Where is your proof, I've read a lot of your posts on here, and, forgive me for saying, I think your talking bollox.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Always surprises me when we seem to be close to signing a player, there's people on here being negative. It's either about us paying to much or it must mean players leaving. Are some fans literally never happy unless they have something to moan about?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Always surprises me when we seem to be close to signing a player, there's people on here being negative. It's either about us paying to much or it must mean players leaving. Are some fans literally never happy unless they have something to moan about?

Thats exactly how it is.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
- we haven't accepted a bid for Dunk
- The last interview with Solly himself on Monday night said he was looking publicly to sign a new contract and was very happy with the club and "keen to agree a new deal" so i don't expect him to "be off"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14698152.In_demand_Seagulls_winger_keen_to_agree_new_deal/
- the winger point was that you can't believe the club would be buying a player who was a) expensive and b) might not be guaranteed a first team place.
I'm arguing that we need a 24/25 strong squad , stronger than last year and thats why we need another international , young CB. As was the case with buying Skalak and Knockeart (no guarantee he was going to be turn as amazing as he has turned out). when we had Lua Lua , Murphy (and an injured March).

Okay. If you say so, we haven't.

So we are about to break our transfer record for a CB to sit on the bench. That makes sense.

Do you know who'sSolly March agent is? I do, and he talks alot!! Last season injury came at the worst possible time.... for his agent. Anyway, I digress.

Aint we lucky to have so much money these days to be able to afford to do that. That would make as about as much sense as spending £4 million on a new goalkeeper and have no intention of selling Stockdale (which we are not by the way!)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Okay. If you say so, we haven't.

So we are about to break our transfer record for a CB to sit on the bench. That makes sense.

Do you know who'sSolly March agent is? I do, and he talks alot!! Last season injury came at the worst possible time.... for his agent. Anyway, I digress.

Aint we lucky to have so much money these days to be able to afford to do that. That would make as about as much sense as spending £4 million on a new goalkeeper and have no intention of selling Stockdale (which we are not by the way!)

Go to bed you are making my head hurt

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We have accepted, or as good as accepted a fee for Dunk. Sometimes you just cannot stand in a players way.
Don't get your point about the wingers. We had two for last season and signed two more. We now have 5, but Solly March's agent is always trying to move him on, so expect him or Lua Lua to be off, maybe not now, but by January at the latest

Christ you're infecting multiple threads with this bollocks now. Now you've added Solly to your list of imminent departures.

We will not pay 4.5 million for Duffy unless we get promoted. I obviously don't know for sure, but taking into account some stuff which has been leaked regarding the deal, the reason it has taken time is sorting addons. I would expect between 1-1.5 million to be in addons.

We will not sell Dunk if we buy Duffy. On the 1/1000 chance you might be right on this, we will need ANOTHER CB and I find it staggeringly hard to believe that we will massively shake up the center of our defence with 5 days to go until the window shuts.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Has Liam Rosenior injury not forced our hand here. ? We were light beforehand. And I think CH was not comfortable going to Newcastle with BFG not match fit and up to speed.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But we wouldnt be buying him to sit on the bench we would be buying him to compete for a place.

Isnt solly marchs agent robert codner

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Posters twittering on about breaking our transfer record for a CB, are really living in the past. CMS was five years ago,Times and transfer fees have moved on a lot since then, if we are to get promoted this season, this is the prices that Tony Bloom has to pay.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You're spouting nonsense. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

Hope so. But I don't think so. If you you think we would spend £4m on a 3rd choice centre back (because he's not better than Dunk and Goldson) and think the club would do that, then sleep easy tonight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we do sign him I bet the fee will be undisclosed and nowhere near £4.5m.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He'll have to fight for a place like everyone else.
If he joined tomorrow he'd go straight into the team given that we only have 1 match fit first team CB.

Solly March. yes please tell us more.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hope so. But I don't think so. If you you think we would spend £4m on a 3rd choice centre back (because he's not better than Dunk and Goldson) and think the club would do that, then sleep easy tonight.

So you've got no evidence to support the "we've accepted an offer for Dunk". Thought as much.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we do sign him I bet the fee will be undisclosed and nowhere near £4.5m.

I think the club are playing this right. I expect Rovers were hoping another club would come in and so they can get there 4 million for him. Doesn't look like it and Rovers will probably have to sell for less. Duffy wants out and is unhappy and his value will only decrease further.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you've got no evidence to support the "we've accepted an offer for Dunk". Thought as much.

About the same amount of evidence as he has for us having accepted an offer for Stephens.

Also, Solly's agent is busy at work sorting him a move away by January.

Just awaiting his take on Knockaert now, perhaps saving that one if a result doesn't go our way on Sat.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Are you a Palace troll? Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything at all positive about the club or management. According to you, and your insider knowledge, every in demand player we have is on their way out, and anyone coming in, is not up to standard.
If you're not palace, then, you must be very depressed about life in general

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Dunk and Duffy should be first choice CB. Uwe is still some way off and let's not get as carried away with Goldson in his first season as we did with Ince especially as he was only expected to push for the first team this year and I'm sure that if Greer and Uwe had been fit most of last year then the two centre back berths would have been between those two and Dunk.

Duffy could be an outstanding signing and would give us strength in depth to rotate when needed and replace players who will inevitably be suspended or injured.

Exciting times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ince looked 'good' in a duff team.

Goldson looked superb in a great team. There is no comparison to be made there.

But as for Duffy and adding a 4th quality CB to our team goes it's exactly what CH wants - direct performance improving competition for places.

Now just need an AMC and CF and we're done.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
About the same amount of evidence as he has for us having accepted an offer for Stephens.

Also, Solly's agent is busy at work sorting him a move away by January.

Just awaiting his take on Knockaert now, perhaps saving that one if a result doesn't go our way on Sat.

We were probably keeping knockaert til after the newcastle game with a verbal agreement to give them to him for fifty quid the next day

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

What a comment. How would anyone have proof?? Why would you ask for proof.

What is the point of anyone passing on info, if you need proof? What you want the phone lines tapped, or emails hacked? What proof do you think there is, or would you want or think anyone would have?

I give up!! No wonder there is not much talked about on here these days!

Carry on. Accept we have broken our trasnfer record for a reserve CB.

Next you will be believing that Dale Stephens absence is down to "extra training" !!

Perfect opportunity to play him in a cup game and give him much needed match time, and we got him doing "extra training". That makes sense!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
BBC Lancashire 's football presenter (although it looks like he's just responding to reports)

[tweet]768926136646631424[/tweet]

and Irish freelancer for Times Ireland and various other papers

[tweet]768924893542920192[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here