Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaker Aamer released from Guantanamo

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
He was working for an educational charity, which was focussed on building school buildings and digging wells for girls' schools in Afghanistan.

Righto :lolol: Saudi charity was it ? :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Another thread that's going to end up like a Alfred sounding like Danny Vinyard from American History X..

He isn't a skinhead, he's THE skinhead you picked the wrong cracker boy.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Whatever happens this bloke is going to be viewed by many as a terrorist which will probably make his life a little uncomfortable upon his return. The bottom line is there appears to be little evidence to suggest he is a terrorist so he should be given the benefit of the doubt which is what we would expect of any person who was held without trial

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Saudi Arabian charity according to the BBC. Is it a valid point? How do we know the charity didn't proclaim his innocence? They probably did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4245517.stm

I'm curious as to why the Saudis would imprison or torture him if he returned there? That's in the link you've posted. If he was working for a Saudi charity he wouldn't have done anything wrong in Saudi Arabia.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm curious as to why the Saudis would imprison or torture him if he returned there? That's in the link you've posted. If he was working for a Saudi charity he wouldn't have done anything wrong in Saudi Arabia.

Says in the link
'illegally' marrying a foreign citizen... without permission, and for leaving the country without government consent'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Says in the link
'illegally' marrying a foreign citizen... without permission, and for leaving the country without government consent'

How could he leave the country without government consent, when it was a Saudi charity? Was the charity illegal?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, I read that in the link too. Didn't even realise those things were illegal in Saudi - geez, what a sh1thole!

Different laws for different countries though isnt it. Saudi is the home of Islam. Its going to have wierdness going on.
I find things weird here. Police go mental if Im stopped for document checks (where else does that happen in Europe) and im not carrying ID, and end up paying a bribe, yet ive been smoking a joint in the street, and an officer has come to me to ask me if the car I was standing by was mine, completely ignoring the fact that me and my mate are standing there smoking joints.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Whatever happens this bloke is going to be viewed by many as a terrorist which will probably make his life a little uncomfortable upon his return. The bottom line is there appears to be little evidence to suggest he is a terrorist so he should be given the benefit of the doubt which is what we would expect of any person who was held without trial

It really depends (in bold) how he uses his time when he is out. I would like to think there is a possibility that he could be an inspiration for restraint against radicalisation. From the article posted http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-1914791.html he sounds like a rational and intelligent person.

Jan 30, 2008
so we're all supposed to be pleased that shaker aamer , a saudi arabian who was captured in afghanistan whilst ''working for an islamic charity'' (course he was !!) is being released from guantanamo and sent back here , am i ****ing missing something here ?? We must be the biggest mugs in the world to take him back , he's no different from omar deghayes , another one in afghanistan for ''innocent'' reasons , who's 2 nephews have since been killed in syria fighting for isis., send him back to saudi arabia where he belongs .
exactly, along with some of the other traitors dossing in this country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here