Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaker Aamer released from Guantanamo

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And there lies the problem with Guantánamo

The refusal to grant inmates prisoner of war status and also unwilling to charge inmates with crimes.
Basically fighting terrorism with more terrorism

The yanks lost any moral highground they had after 9/11 when they decided to run that place in the manner they did.

I wouldn't equate flying planes into buildings killing thousands with what has gone on at Guantanamo. There is no moral equivalence.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Time will tell if he's a bad apple or not...Very hard to prove anything with these types.
He gets a private jet back as well.....unreal

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He gets a private jet back as well.....unreal
That's ****ing disgraceful! He's had 13 years off, not had to pay any tax, and now we pay for his flight back! He should be made to swim.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
OK pastaman. Once Coronation Street has finished I will read the report. I realise it's relevant now. Maybe in the morning but I will.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well blow me. Is he 'deemed' implicated? strongly. Is it provable without doubt, doubtful. As Trigaar said, take your stance and start shouting!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
you are correct,and i wasnt trying to link them in anyway
merely stating USA lost plenty of brownie points in the way it ran GTMO

It may have ignited those non Muslims that seem to have some agenda to question the Wests intentions with little scrutiny to anyone Muslim, but ultimately it is a irrelevance beyond the chattering left.

To most it seems obvious that those with dubious excuses and a quite impressive commitment to go and rub shoulders with Al Qaeda is something more than geographic coincidence.

Guantanamo is just another ruse to somehow legitimately spew hate within Muslim communities and for the apologists to get their knickers in a twist.

Those Muslims that are outraged, have had a multitude of excuses to be outraged whilst empathising with their religious extremist friends casually beheading, raping and killing anyone that might question their barbaric doctrines, they didnt need Guantanamo.

You go pointing fingers at the West if you may, but not me thank you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Cant really take a report seriously that starts with ... 'The US government believes'.
Especially as it was the same government that lied to the world about its reasons for invading Iraq.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Pretty sure the British had no plans to invade Iraq, for any particular reason. I believe what you posted is the British government selling the Ameriican 'lie' to the British people to gain their support, after getting their tongues caught up in the American governments arse.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Cant really take a report seriously that starts with ... 'The US government believes'.
Especially as it was the same government that lied to the world about its reasons for invading Iraq.

i see.......

you have dismissed a briefing along with its source materials by a British based think tank based on the USA has lied before and anyway it starts off

"The US government believes him to be a weapons-trained alQaeda fighter;
Aamer’s supporters claim that he was in Afghanistan to carry out voluntary work for an Islamic charity."

well played!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It would be naive to imagine that our security services will not be closely monitoring him irrespective of his supposed 'charity work' and full knowledge of his case so I don't think that the general public need to be too concerned !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
i see.......

you have dismissed a briefing along with its source materials by a British based think tank based on the USA has lied before and anyway it starts off

Aamer’s supporters claim that he was in Afghanistan to carry out voluntary work for an Islamic charity."

well played!

'Believes' ? yeah. Well played

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i see.......

well played!

British based think tank, yeah right. Read up on them, they have a huge agenda. British based minds-already-made-up tank is a more apt description.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's not relevant. Just decide which side of the argument you're on and shout at those that disagree.

I'll tell you whats relevant , the blokes a bit of a dipstick, who in their right mind would go into a war zone to do charity work.
was he a doctor?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here