Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Waiting List

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are people allowed to cancel season tickets just now?

But I would guess you’re right, either by simply cancelling the DD without telling the club, or by a special request accepted by the club.

I thought, from posts on here at least, the club have always adopted quite a tough line with cancellations, ie once you'e committed for a season you have to see the payment plans out, assuming you are on the Direct Debit plan, and the only time you can cancel is, essentially, by not renewing.

I had my "You've renewed!" email confirmation on 13th March. I would assume from that time, everyone has been locked in, unless the club are showing understanding and permitting cancellations now, on the quiet at least.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
But these extra seats would be offered to people on the waiting list first wouldn't they? The fact that they offering them to Bronze members must mean there is no waiting list any more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But these extra seats would be offered to people on the waiting list first wouldn't they? The fact that they offering them to Bronze members must mean there is no waiting list any more.

Yes, I agree.

I guess the timing of the shutdown in relation to the ST renewal process meant that a lot of people on the waiting list would have chosen a wait-and-see approach when they had their opportunity to buy, reluctant to allocate a chunk of cash to a luxury, and one that they may not be able to "use" for some time.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I'm 164 and 165!

There was a chap in what I think is your seat for much of last season who'd not been there before. The people to your immediate right are lovely, then there's the neighbour I mentioned earlier - hopefully he'll still be there - then there's me. Sorry about that!

I am 176 and a great view it is.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just had a chat to the neighbour two doors down over the fence. He moved to the area last year and joined the membership scheme this season - he got an email this morning offering him one. I thought you had to be on the list for a few years. What do I know. Still nice to have another ST holder locally.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought, from posts on here at least, the club have always adopted quite a tough line with cancellations, ie once you'e committed for a season you have to see the payment plans out, assuming you are on the Direct Debit plan, and the only time you can cancel is, essentially, by not renewing.

I had my "You've renewed!" email confirmation on 13th March. I would assume from that time, everyone has been locked in, unless the club are showing understanding and permitting cancellations now, on the quiet at least.

Without looking it up in the T&C's , I thought there was a potential £50 cancellation fee up to August if you chose your mind and didn't want to renew having done so in March, but from August onwards you are committed ? :shrug:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Same email, I'm not on a waiting list but have enough points this season to obtain a season ticket on May 6th.

Think I've been to 6 games so must have about 100 points without looking, that wouldn't be enough to get 1st dibs for a trip to Burnley usually.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just had a chat to the neighbour two doors down over the fence. He moved to the area last year and joined the membership scheme this season - he got an email this morning offering him one. I thought you had to be on the list for a few years. What do I know. Still nice to have another ST holder locally.

You did, under "normal conditions". We are not in normal conditions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think I've been to 6 games so must have about 100 points without looking, that wouldn't be enough to get 1st dibs for a trip to Burnley usually.

Every cloud eh?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Same email, I'm not on a waiting list but have enough points this season to obtain a season ticket on May 6th.

It’s a loverly welcoming place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes, I agree.

I guess the timing of the shutdown in relation to the ST renewal process meant that a lot of people on the waiting list would have chosen a wait-and-see approach when they had their opportunity to buy, reluctant to allocate a chunk of cash to a luxury, and one that they may not be able to "use" for some time.

I wonder if the there is still a waiting list as such it’s just people on the list haven’t taken their option up at this current time but will remain on the list for an additional year as believe you can defer for 12 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Albion seem happy taking our cash in this situation rather than trying to retain loyal fans of many years - season tickets represent a relatively small amount of revenue for the club and it would have been nice if they could have been more creative than a pathetic 3 month payment holiday particularly bearing in mind a number of fans have already stumped up for all of next season when this one is NOT going to finish in front of punters.

I took the 3 month payment holiday as I did not see the point in paying for something I will not get.
I don't expect the situation to have changed in August so will await the continuation of a further payment holiday.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I took the 3 month payment holiday as I did not see the point in paying for something I will not get.
I don't expect the situation to have changed in August so will await the continuation of a further payment holiday.
Wont you have to pay it all back though ?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wont you have to pay it all back though ?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Yes...everyone will end up paying the same relative their season ticket cost (or will end up getting refunded the same), the holiday only changes the timing.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If this season is null and voided, would STH’ers be entitled to a pro rata refund for the home PL matches that never happened?

But surely four of the last five home games were against top teams thus prices were higher. Imagine buying a ST just to watch the top teams and only getting Spurs!

Indeed they shall.

Some will collect, some will not.

All down to the individual.

Decided already. Any refund will go to the Albion as One charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here