Season Ticket Penalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
You're calling yourself a loyal fan but haven't had a season ticket for what... 12 years?

I got the beano every week when I was a boy, but I don't still refer to myself as a loyal reader

Followed Brighton for 33 years - saw them in the old First Division, saw the Cup Final, Cup Final Replay, Play-Off Final v Notts County, 'game of death' at Hereford, Play-Off Final v Bristol City, nearly all the games where they have won/sealed promotion (Bristol Rovers at home, Plymouth away, Chesterfield at home (although not last season) etc) and the games where they have been relegated as well . . . I discontinued having a season ticket at the Withdean, yes I have to say I thought Withdean was a shit-hole and didn't like going there however also found it difficult with my job as I do shift work and have to work nights and weekends. I have continued to follow Brighton however and regularly watch Brighton away - I saw the Sussex Senior Cup Final, went out to Brighton's pre-season tour of Portugal to see the Olanense game (did you?) and so far this season I have seen the Gillingham game, Cardiff away and now the Peterborough game. Loyal Brighton fan? Yes I bloody am!!! :albion2::smile:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As posted on the other thread, the club should set up an system whereby STH can inform the club that they cannot attend a particular game. The club then refunds them, say, £10 but only if their seat is re-sold.

That way, STH have an incentive to 'exchange' their tickets and may get a small refund if they miss a match, the club can re-sell their seat at a profit, and we have less empty seats in the stadium.

Sounds good to me...

Simple.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's right and proper if you are a season ticket holder and don't attend, you should forfeit some loyalty points. Those loyalty points can then be donated to a local charity. There should be no empty seats at a sell-out game!

If you are thinking of going on holiday during the season, and don't wish to be penalised, you should apply to the club for written permission. Similarly, if you are thinking of being ill, again I'm sure the ticket office would be happy to consider your application.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
People purchase season tickets and it is likely that a lot of them will not be able to make every game, they pay for it they decide whether they want to go or not.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
why do some people care sooo much about this, yes we can all understand and have the odd mate who is a proper albion fan but couldnt get a ticket for one reason or another but it bothers some people on here far to much than it should.

its not like there are huge gaps and we are playing in a stadium like Middlesbrough and Coventry every week. there has been a cracking atmosphere so far....remember we were at withdean a few months ago ffs!!! Also these fans do still have a chance to get one of the 1000+ tickets on sale every home game, they are not completely unable to watch their team.

people making something over nothing in my book, we are getting 19000+ every game for crist sake

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was a season ticket holder in the mid seventies at the Goldstone. Started in the South seats, moved to the East Stand and then the West stand. Saw every game, home and away via the Seagull Special Train. gave up my ticket when work meant I could only go a few times a year. Still the same now but I'm in the position where I can afford the best season tickets in the ground. As a businessman I was offered a 1901 Club membership. I've not bought a ticket as it would be unfair to leave an empty seat. BUT it annoys me that there are empty seats that I could sit in. I want to go to the ground, any game will do.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
It's right and proper if you are a season ticket holder and don't attend, you should forfeit some loyalty points. Those loyalty points can then be donated to a local charity. There should be no empty seats at a sell-out game!

If you are thinking of going on holiday during the season, and don't wish to be penalised, you should apply to the club for written permission. Similarly, if you are thinking of being ill, again I'm sure the ticket office would be happy to consider your application.

You are joking right ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
I will hopefully make every game, but the future holds so many mysteries that maybe I might have to miss a few games. Hopefully the old 'harry giles' won't play up too much sitting on those plastic seats and won't need to get them elastic banded !

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you get, hopefully not any more haemorrhoids !!

Will you want to see a Doctors ticket ????

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a joke of a thread. I bought a 1901 ticket at Withdean knowing full well I won't make 50% of the matches through work commitments. Somehow that makes me less of a fan then even though I'm prepared to effectively pay double for every game I can get to?

Of course, I can and do lend it to friends or sell it on but I'll certainly be down on the deal in May. The most important thing is, the club have my money. That's why I always bought a season ticket at Withdean too. All this talk of penalising people for not turning up is nonsense.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
People who buy a season ticket have paid for their seat whether they use it or not.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was a season ticket holder in the mid seventies at the Goldstone. Started in the South seats, moved to the East Stand and then the West stand. Saw every game, home and away via the Seagull Special Train. gave up my ticket when work meant I could only go a few times a year. Still the same now but I'm in the position where I can afford the best season tickets in the ground. As a businessman I was offered a 1901 Club membership. I've not bought a ticket as it would be unfair to leave an empty seat. BUT it annoys me that there are empty seats that I could sit in. I want to go to the ground, any game will do.

Haven't there been seats available for every game? Plus it seems like the world and his wife have STs this year, so asking around friends should be fruitful.

If you haven't managed to get a ticket yet for any game, you really can't be trying very hard.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree that if someone's bought a season ticket, it's up to them whether thy use it or not, and I realise a lot of times they will give it to friends / family if they can't go to the match. There should still be some sort of system for making empty seats available on match days though - it can't be that difficult.
Te idea mooted earlier that season ticket holders could notify the club if they weren't going to be using their ticket, and the ticket could be sold on match day, with part of the price being refunded to the STH.

Aug 21, 2011
I dont have a ST, but would happily pay to use someones elses seat if they couldnt make it. Club definatly needs a ticket exchange sytem in place, cant be hard as all ST are electronic. Surely all the STH has to do is contact the club and they then make the seats available?? Simples.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Just lock them all up if they dont attend...and throw away the key. That way the following season maybe someone will buy their season that is actually able to go along and support the Albion every game. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports