Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Penalty

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Season Ticket holders who become no shows, or, do not fill their seat to at least 80% of all games, should either forfeit the opportunity to re-purchase the following season or pay extra. i e. Miss 25% of games, pay 25% extra the following season. Or release the ticket to somebody who does want to watch the team. Less than 50% attendance = no auto re purchase.What do you think?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I bought a season ticket, was told I could have saturdays off. Then my manager changed his mind 1 day before doncaster :D it sucks, letting other people use my ticket for free though. so no big loss.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why?

I think the chances are that anyone who misses 25% or more will not renew anyway. If they do, then how can you justify charging them more?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Season Ticket holders who become no shows, or, do not fill their seat to at least 80% of all games, should either forfeit the opportunity to re-purchase the following season or pay extra. i e. Miss 25% of games, pay 25% extra the following season. Or release the ticket to somebody who does want to watch the team. Less than 50% attendance = no auto re purchase.What do you think?

Absolute garbage and one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If you pay the money to the club you can do what you like with your seat. If there was a proper ticket exchange it wouldn't make any difference and the club could actually make even more money than they do by selling it twice and charging a handling fee.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Don't be silly.

If I pay for sky movies but dont watch 5 films a week do you think sky will finish my subscription?! People pay for a product, how and whether they use it is their choice.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Absolute garbage and one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If you pay the money to the club you can do what you like with your seat. If there was a proper ticket exchange it wouldn't make any difference and the club could actually make even more money than they do by selling it twice and charging a handling fee.
I assume you are not one of those complaining about a low attendance today?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think going to watch football should be an enjoyable past time, not an obligation with lots of terms and conditions attached.

On the other hand, I think those that leave before the final whistle should be intercepted and interrogated in room 101. That'll learn 'em !

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004

Deduct them 100 loyalty points for each game they fail to attend - that way loyal Albion fans like myself who were not in a position to buy a season ticket but have followed Albion loyally since the demise of the Goldstone both home and away (season ticket holder at Goldstone, 2 seasons at Gillingham, 1st two seasons at Withdean) regular attendee at away games can play catch up on the loyalty points and get a chance to see the big games! Make me sick :sick: these johnny-cum-lately fans now we got a plush new stadium who can't be bothered to go! :rant:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
No problem fella, but when your told it's a sell out, it can really p$$s you off when its not full. Be nice to see at least one game.

im not a season ticket holder i have been got a ticket was pretty easy tbh.

People go on holiday things happen it probs was a sell out but for one reason or other some people didnt make it, do you really expect season ticket holders to attend every single game i mean there is a world outside football

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Don't be silly.

If I pay for sky movies but dont watch 5 films a week do you think sky will finish my subscription?! People pay for a product, how and whether they use it is their choice.

I think his point is that if someone isn't using their seat, someone else could benifit.
I don't agree with his suggestion but this is a poor comparison.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
An attendance of 19.5k when the away team only bought 1200 is not low. People need to get a grip and remember what our crowds have been for the last 15 years.
I agree, but, if people are complaining about a low attendance.(see other thread) should we count all sth in the attendance wether seated or not or somehow give somebody a chance to attend?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I agree, but, if people are complaining about a low attendance.(see other . thread) should we count all sth in the attendance wether seated or not or somehow give somebody a chance to attend?

Yes we need an official ticket exchange like most clubs with large numbers of STHs offer. Then if someone cant go they can sell the seat and the club can charge a fee, and make even more money. It really is very simple.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I agree, but, if people are complaining about a low attendance.(see other thread) should we count all sth in the attendance wether seated or not or somehow give somebody a chance to attend?

Yes but its not the STH fault this is not a transfer option in place, so how is penalising them right, its down to the club, why not ask them, in the ask the club section.

And it was not a bloody low attendance

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd say todays turn out was without doubt in about the top two home attendences of the last 20 years.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Deduct them 100 loyalty points for each game they fail to attend - that way loyal Albion fans like myself who were not in a position to buy a season ticket but have followed Albion loyally since the demise of the Goldstone both home and away (season ticket holder at Goldstone, 2 seasons at Gillingham, 1st two seasons at Withdean) regular attendee at away games can play catch up on the loyalty points and get a chance to see the big games! Make me sick :sick: these johnny-cum-lately fans now we got a plush new stadium who can't be bothered to go! :rant:

thanks for your viewing history, unfortunately thats life mate, live within means and the circumstances at the time. if others can good on then, unfortuante for you (not being bitchy). I used to go along at the goldstone with my pocket money and lunch money saved up to be able to get in, didnt go to gillingham but has season ticket at withdean for 3 years, then couldnt afford one, so went to a few individual games. thats my story until now when in a position to get one again. Doesnt make me less of a fan for the games I missed and like today, I couldnt go as had a prebooked weekend away, however my tickets were used by family. So 100 points would be deducted or would i keep my points?

on the other hand, a mate of mine has managed to purchase gillingham, sunderland and peterborough tickets and is not a STH (games have gone on general sale), for the games he isnt attempting, would the non STH's get some points for not enquiring etc? Not liking the JCL rant, everyone has their own situation and life circumstances.

Do you have tickets for peterborough or the Sunderland game out of interest?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yes we need an official ticket exchange like most clubs with large numbers of STHs offer. Then if someone cant go they can sell the seat and the club can charge a fee, and make even more money. It really is very simple.

also agree 100% with the ticket exchange piece

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here