Season Ticket Penalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The attendance may be low but the ımportant ıssue to the club ıs the money ıs banked.

It ıs up to the STH to decıde ıf they want to use ıt or not.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
thanks for your viewing history, unfortunately thats life mate, live within means and the circumstances at the time. if others can good on then, unfortuante for you (not being bitchy). I used to go along at the goldstone with my pocket money and lunch money saved up to be able to get in, didnt go to gillingham but has season ticket at withdean for 3 years, then couldnt afford one, so went to a few individual games. thats my story until now when in a position to get one again. Doesnt make me less of a fan for the games I missed and like today, I couldnt go as had a prebooked weekend away, however my tickets were used by family. So 100 points would be deducted or would i keep my points?

on the other hand, a mate of mine has managed to purchase gillingham, sunderland and peterborough tickets and is not a STH (games have gone on general sale), for the games he isnt attempting, would the non STH's get some points for not enquiring etc? Not liking the JCL rant, everyone has their own situation and life circumstances.

I read it as if your ST isn't used then you lose 100 points. This would allow you to pass it on to someone who will attend if you're unavailable. A ticket-exchange would help this. Non-ST holders ONLY get points when buying tickets. If the seat is not used then the points for that game could be lost.

Ultimately season tickets are a way to guarantee income for the club for all 23 home games. That is all. If all 18,000 decide not to go EVER then the club doesn't lose out on ticket sales. Obviously merchandise and refreshment sales would be reduced.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Assuming that JCL's are to blame for the supposed "low" attendance yesterday does that mean all those that did go have been ST holders at Withdean?

Oh no that's right it's not mathematically possible as I'm sure the new ground is a tad bigger, requiring at least a few JCL's (such as myself) to fill it up.

I have supported Brighton all my life, went to Goldstone as a kid and as many games as poss at Withdean. This JCL business is funny sometimes, but rants like the one earlier are frankly ridiculous and unnecessary, unlike thus rant which of course is fine :)

These people paid so are entitled to do as they wish:)

Exactly.
All this talk about deducting loyalty points from STH's who have either paid in full up front or have commited to monthly dd payments thus ensuring the club achieves exactly the revenue it budgeted for is quite frankly laughable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I assume you are not one of those complaining about a low attendance today?

Comical thread and comical post. Why are you complaining about low attendance? Great atmosphere so an extra 3k wouldn't have made much difference other than the away support would have been louder. What is your problem. There are a lot of people on holiday who probably decided to delay their holidays so they could see the Doncaster game. Next week is bank holiday so you're probably going to throw a hissy fit again!!! Oh, and just noted your join date.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
I'm not going to get to every game but will make sure that my seat is used, speaking to a few northern based fans, some have purchased season tickets to ensure they can get tickets for away games as they always have done due to the points system

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, if you buy a season ticket in the spring, but then find out in August that you have an illness that keeps you away from going to the game for a few months but then recover (thankfully), you'd make them pay 25% extra next season? Right. Most people do try and let friends and family have their seat if they can't make it. Maybe you could try asking around friends if the club have sold out?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sort of thing I might expect in a dictatorship but in my op "you paid for it - it's your right to go or not". Ticket exchange would solve a lot of the problem but there are some that have the £££ and won't even bother with that. Gates of 20,000 are brill .. feel for anyone though that can't get a ticket when there are empty seats

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No problem fella, but when your told it's a sell out, it can really p$$s you off when its not full. Be nice to see at least one game.

Sunderland Tickets are still available.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If they find a way to fill seat to keep it above 75% even 60% I can't see an issue. Anywhere down around 50% though and I agree should be a forfeit though higher charge might be difficult, loosing right to re-appy and having to join the queue again would work for me.

DanielT

Deduct them 100 loyalty points for each game they fail to attend - that way loyal Albion fans like myself who were not in a position to buy a season ticket but have followed Albion loyally since the demise of the Goldstone both home and away (season ticket holder at Goldstone, 2 seasons at Gillingham, 1st two seasons at Withdean) regular attendee at away games can play catch up on the loyalty points and get a chance to see the big games! Make me sick :sick: these johnny-cum-lately fans now we got a plush new stadium who can't be bothered to go! :rant:

You're calling yourself a loyal fan but haven't had a season ticket for what... 12 years?

I got the beano every week when I was a boy, but I don't still refer to myself as a loyal reader

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My son( Season Ticket Holder) did not turn up to yesterday's match. When he finally came home I sent hime straight to bed without any supper. He will be losing his pocket money for at least two weeks and there will be no playstation either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't really care about the Loyalty Points thing, but I'd suggest that maybe a STH starts the season with credit for the full season, then loses loyalty points every time they sell on a ticket for an individual match. Would need an official Ticket Exchange to be put in place for that to happen tho.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If you buy a paper and dont read every page would you be penalised?
If you buy a cd and dont listen to every song would you be penalised?
If you booked a meal and had no starter would you...........................
And so f***ing on............

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Season Ticket holders who become no shows, or, do not fill their seat to at least 80% of all games, should either forfeit the opportunity to re-purchase the following season or pay extra. i e. Miss 25% of games, pay 25% extra the following season. Or release the ticket to somebody who does want to watch the team. Less than 50% attendance = no auto re purchase.What do you think?

This is a load of nonesense! If you pay your money it's up to you. For example I have a season ticket. However I missed yesterday and will miss next week as my first child is due any minute (he is actually 3 days late now). People have various reason for not attending SOME games, its up to them. So Blackpool wasn't full so what 19494 is still good. When we play teams closer to us we will sell out. Stop being bitter, also next season we will have 30K capacity so there will be plenty of tickets.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This is a load of nonesense! If you pay your money it's up to you. For example I have a season ticket. However I missed yesterday and will miss next week as my first child is due any minute (he is actually 3 days late now). People have various reason for not attending SOME games, its up to them. So Blackpool wasn't full so what 19494 is still good. When we play teams closer to us we will sell out. Stop being bitter, also next season we will have 30K capacity so there will be plenty of tickets.

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports