Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disagree on this one - people were moaning like buggery about the ticket policy and seats at the beginning of the season when we actually seemed to have developed into a side who could turn draws into wins. Arse.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

"The sooner Kroenke leaves Arsenal all Gooners will celebrate".

Said nobody this month.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
"The sooner Kroenke leaves Arsenal all Gooners will celebrate".

Said nobody this month.
Well yes, more people a lot moan when results are shit, that's nothing new.

But genuine, fundamental issues that are highlighted every time a game tales place at The Amex with swathes of empty seats in the East and West Lower in particular, will not.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very charitable of you……9 years of 2-page monologues responding to questions about bottle tops and flasks have clouded his judgement somewhat :lolol:

When we’re back to normal he see how wrong he’s got this with swathes of empty seats he won’t be able to explain. Such a shame - it’s not even that difficult to fix.

I’m guessing that he does also deal with a load of moronic emails :lolol: Also personal attacks.

The proof will be in the pudding, my instinct is a user friendly Family & Friends Scheme come August 2022. His ego isn’t ready for that yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He hasn’t read the room on this one, at the very least using an inappropriate turn of phrase.

A plethora of life long supporters raising real concerns, was not in any way:

“clickbait
noun
(on the internet) content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page”.

I'm sure there is an HR course available or an online conference on leadership and customer care.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is.

“The Natives Are Revolting” run by Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary.

I do think this is where the club gets it wrong at times and also where criticism is misplaced from fans when they don't like being referred to as "customers".

Customers complaints generally don't get referred to as "clickbait" or their concerns as "instant gratification".

Are you saying the club are definately doing away with the credit card season tickets next season as i know a few fans that are elderly and don't own or intend to own a mobile phone. I honestly dont think they would renew they already say its hassle compared to paying at the turnstiles back at the Golstone days!

I hope they aren't as I'd like to get mine back asap and you are right, elderly fans will just leave the club! I'm very sure they are not getting rid of them.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I have some sympathy with the desire to digitise the process. It’s fair that Barber points out that paper tickets and people handing them to whoever they want is not the way forward for lots of reasons. And in truth the system works well once you’ve paid for it. The issue is therefore one of pricing and communications. If they scrapped the £20 up front fee, and the Albion+ membership requirement, and instead said you can transfer to anyone in your friends and family list, subject to an admin/booking fee (about £5, that could be paid by the ST holder or the receiver) each time, they’d make similar money, still be able to digitise and track who has the ticket, and everyone would be happy.

You can have that one [MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION], free of charge, but I reserve the right to charge a consultancy fee for future projects :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Barber has generally been good for the club so far but with his "my way or the highway" attitude on this has he taken us as far as he can go ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barber has generally been good for the club so far but with his "my way or the highway" attitude on this has he taken us as far as he can go ?

Barber just acts on the objectives / goals set out by the board and Bloom.

I also think Bloom would want a strong CEO. As opposed to some of the weak / flip flopping CEOs / MDs we had before.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So you’re saying ‘my (Sparkie’s) way or the highway’ TO Paul Barber ?
No. I haven't imposed any way.

I have read this thread with interest and see that a full analysis could be looked at in the summer, open minded to scheme changes. I haven't doubled down.

I have posed the question as to whether Barber has taken us as far as he can.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An excellent piece. How long until Barber bans them from the Amex?

I'll Eden a guess they were already on the naughty step for previous outpourings, hence getting short shrift now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here