[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Much more balanced response from PB…….probably realises he goofed a bit with his ‘clickbait’ comments.

Covid protocols are a bit of a joke. Made the mistake of going into Dick’s Bar pre match this evening (there was no queue and we were a bit early). Villa/Chelsea on the TVs, absolutely rammed, barely a mask in sight. Made a swift exit to the well-ventilated concourse that had plenty of space (but no match on the TV). Logically would make far more sense to show games in the concourse and not in a crammed, airless, hot, enclosed area :shrug:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Much more balanced response from PB…….probably realises he goofed a bit with his ‘clickbait’ comments.

Covid protocols are a bit of a joke. Made the mistake of going into Dick’s Bar pre match this evening (there was no queue and we were a bit early). Villa/Chelsea on the TVs, absolutely rammed, barely a mask in sight. Made a swift exit to the well-ventilated concourse that had plenty of space (but no match on the TV). Logically would make far more sense to show games in the concourse and not in a crammed, airless, hot, enclosed area :shrug:

Yep. If they insist on serving booze at the concessions it all seems a bit silly…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, why on earth didn't he just say that in the first place. Much more reasonable, although vaguely amusing that he won't back down still

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Without any knowledge I guessed that might have been because those initially asking were knobs.
Then subsequent posts suggested my guess was near the mark (certainly nearer than usual).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
:thumbsup: a restrictive covenant on Goldstone Lane.

Did a little digging and think it was more than that, this taken from https://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/places/placesport/goldstone_ground/goldstone-ground

There were two conditions on the sale, though: that no structure on the eastern side would project above the boundary fence, and that no structure could exceed a height of 50 feet. Nevertheless, the purchase of the freehold did proceed in the summer of 1930 when the club obtained a mortgage on the ground and paid the outstanding £5,120 16s. to the Stanford estate.

I read that to mean no structure anywhere above 50ft and nothing higher on the eastside than the 8ft fence. Not sure how tall the west stand actually was but it must have been close to 50'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shite attendance! This scheme would not have helped.

A contributory factor but I suspect the time of kick off combined with the lack of transport on a day when most want to spend time with their family plus of course covid infections spreading rapidly thereby excluding those that have it (like Moi) and those that don't want to get it were far more relevant.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Depends if the code updates regularly, which it is supposed to do, so you would possibly need to do it when they arrive at the turnstile

My son and I have tested it a couple of times. Once 12 hours before kick off ( as when the photo was taken not when we scanned at the turnstile ! ) And once about 48 hours before entry - worked both times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports