Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Scannell moving to a bigger club

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
ive got an idea .........shall we have a palace section and call it "the disabled stand" for f*** sake this is an albion site...scannell fuckin camel....what the f*** ever ,easy six points next year , nailed on.

Shall we have a stand for you and call it the muppet stand? Why pick on the disabled. I might be sounding a bit precious here, but I get a bit fed up with this sort of thing.

Reading that Palace thread has made me laugh though. Especially the "sinking ship" posts. I thought that Palace had billions of spare cash.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Shall we have a stand for you and call it the muppet stand? Why pick on the disabled. I might be sounding a bit precious here, but I get a bit fed up with this sort of thing.

Reading that Palace thread has made me laugh though. Especially the "sinking ship" posts. I thought that Palace had billions of spare cash.

Well said on the disabled comment, the original poster should feel ashamed of themself.

In regards to our finances, we are nether princes nor paupers. The owners have money and have backed Dougie but they won't be overspending like previous chairman Goldberg and Jordan.

Lastly, Seagull over Grimsby, please enlighten me on your comments about Murray? I haven't heard anything to suggest we are looking to offload Glenn.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well said on the disabled comment, the original poster should feel ashamed of themself.

In regards to our finances, we are nether princes nor paupers. The owners have money and have backed Dougie but they won't be overspending like previous chairman Goldberg and Jordan.

Lastly, Seagull over Grimsby, please enlighten me on your comments about Murray? I haven't heard anything to suggest we are looking to offload Glenn.

Just a rumour that he might be on his way to Charlton with another player coming in on lower wages.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The fee wasn't £400k. Scannell had potential, never really lived up to it, and didn't become the player we hoped he would be. Hopefully he can do well at Huddersfield.

We've got new academy players coming through with more potential that need the game time. Sean was a really nice lad, but unfortunately he isn't what we need at the moment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

oh dear , i do apologise........i forgot how p.c we are these days , i was referring btw to having a section on nsc for all these palace nork's to post on .......shall we call it the "norks" stand chat........does that offend anyone...???

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
oh dear , i do apologise........i forgot how p.c we are these days , i was referring btw to having a section on nsc for all these palace nork's to post on .......shall we call it the "norks" stand chat........does that offend anyone...???

I know exactly what you were referring to, it isn't a case of being "p.c" it is a case of respect. For what its worth, I agree with having an away section on NSC.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Will the last one out of Selhurst please turn the lights off.:D

Plenty of new arrivals on the way according to Parish. But you keep underestimating us, will make it all the more funny when we beat you AGAIN! :cool:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Just a rumour that he might be on his way to Charlton with another player coming in on lower wages.

Who told you that, the local chippy owner in Grimbo? I seriously doubt that's true, we have released 4 strikers this summer already, think Muzza is definitely part of our plans.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I like Little Al - an absolute pleasure to "converse" with when he elects to visit and in fairness there are a couple now who are mostly fine and more than welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly, for the large part, it's just the usual mindnumbingly ignorant idiots posting anti-Albion/pro-Palace rubbish on here. If we go on their board we get banned but I guess it's the price we pay for being the best that we put up with them

And hello to you too. Thank you both for your kind words. I have been a bit quiet of late, but still have a look on here every now and again. To be honest, some of my fellow supporters were acting like twats and I decided to take a bit of a break. It was getting tedious.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Quite a few childish replies from the usual suspects oh well . This is quite sad , I've got a lot of time for Sean and really hoped he would cut it at the palace but he just hasn't .He would show occasional glimpses but he just didn't have the consistency needed to be a regular. I really hope he makes it at Huddersfield he is a good lad , who for one reason or another needed to move away .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And hello to you too. Thank you both for your kind words. I have been a bit quiet of late, but still have a look on here every now and again. To be honest, some of my fellow supporters were acting like twats and I decided to take a bit of a break. It was getting tedious.

you're not wrong and not a lot has changed but welcome anyway :thumbsup:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think its more, Dougie has a limited budget and he thinks the 400k will come in handy to get the player he wants (Yes i know who it is).
Hmm, fair dues.
We don't. The move was made for more personal reasons for Sean, if things are to be believed.

I have read into it since, and appears to be that way. He looked decent if I'm honest, but will he do any better at Huddersfield? Probably not much better, I think Rhodes will take the limelight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here