Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Scannell moving to a bigger club

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not seen anyone on here pass mention of Sean Scannell's big money 400k move to Huddersfield.

One of their own, most of them gutted (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230758&page=61)

Inevitable I guess that a young talent needs to move to a club who can match his ambitions as its obvious Palace are a club going backwards. Still onwards and upwards for the lad, he's obviously earned his big money move to a bigger club.

:lolol:

I posted in the Vicente thread last night.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
No problem with a sensible answer. I'm still a little confused though. Have a look at the first page of the bbs thread from January and it seems your fans generally think Scannel was worth far more than the purported 750000 offer and someone even suggests that it should include Rhodes coming to you lot. Are you saying fellow palace fans hold a generally inflated view of their academy darlings?

Sean Scannell signs for Huddersfield In three year deal - CPFC BBS

The problem with Scannell, and young players in general, is that their market value is generally dictated by their potential worth in the future and whether things click and that they "make it". 2 or 3 years ago, Scanz was linked with a £4m move to Villa. The problem with Scannell is, in my opinion, that he's had 5 years in our first team and never really shown great strides and leaps in terms of any real improvement and that this clean break is best for both parties. There comes a point when potential needs to turn into consistent delivery on the pitch, he never really got there despite showing the odd flash.

Naturally, some Palace fans are disappointed given he's an academy graduate, some more so than others and I think that's where the inflation of his actual ability and purported value comes from. The same goes for Zaha, Clyne, Williams, De Silva, the list goes on - we all like to think what we've brought through is the next big thing when perhaps the reality is otherwise (but then football fans are perennial dreamers and residents of fantasy lands). I think it's natural for a fan of any club to inflate the value of something they've produced, within that value comes the idea of sentimentality which has reared its ugly head on the Palace boards in the last 24 hours - lots of hearts ruling heads. Scannell never delivered on a consistent basis for us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh my goodness. We now have two sensible palace posters! What with Red 'n' Blue, Trigger Finger is not living up to their previous low standards lol!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh my goodness. We now have two sensible palace posters! What with Red 'n' Blue, Trigger Finger is not living up to their previous low standards lol!

They counteract all the negative propaganda dross from Glenn-Murray and Dougie :thumbsup:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I'm gutted to see him leave.

I will miss seeing him walk up the high street before a game. Always willing to have a chat.

He didn't want to leave but we need the money.

Our new winger/striker maybe better then him but will not care like Sean did.

Good luck Sean.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm gutted to see him leave.

I will miss seeing him walk up the high street before a game. Always willing to have a chat.

He didn't want to leave but we need the money.

Our new winger/striker maybe better then him but will not care like Sean did.

Good luck Sean.

If this comes across as a bit ****ish, I apologise.

But I thought CPFC was financially sound and didn't need to worry about money? Whilst you're having a clear out, we'll take Zaha.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

But I thought CPFC was financially sound and didn't need to worry about money? Whilst you're having a clear out, we'll take Zaha.

I think its more, Dougie has a limited budget and he thinks the 400k will come in handy to get the player he wants (Yes i know who it is).

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011

We don't. The move was made for more personal reasons for Sean, if things are to be believed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ive got an idea .........shall we have a palace section and call it "the disabled stand" for f*** sake this is an albion site...scannell fuckin camel....what the f*** ever ,easy six points next year , nailed on.

Jan 31, 2012
Palace = nothing club, never won anything except the ZDS trophy in 1976 (or thereabouts), dilapidated ground, shit fanbase, shit kit for this season, tactically naive and negative manager, shit weather in the SE20 postcode area all the year round, depressed place to live.

Huddersfield = club with a rich history, and like us Charity Shield winners, decent modern ground, decent blue and white kit, decent fanbase, decent, experienced manager, future prospects looking good.

Charity shield winners, wow you must be so proud, what a bunch of wankers you are

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He was worth £750K in January but they have accepted £400K now.............

He didn't want to leave but he went for personal reasons............

They don't need the money but they do because they're on a limited budget......................

They don't post on their own site but they can't leave ours alone...........................

Contradictory bunch aren't they?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whatever happened to [MENTION=13585]little al[/MENTION]? He was the best Palace fan.

I like Little Al - an absolute pleasure to "converse" with when he elects to visit and in fairness there are a couple now who are mostly fine and more than welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly, for the large part, it's just the usual mindnumbingly ignorant idiots posting anti-Albion/pro-Palace rubbish on here. If we go on their board we get banned but I guess it's the price we pay for being the best that we put up with them

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It seem's there are about 4 Palace threads a day on here...still, you're obviously not obsessed about us...

Onto Scanz. He wasn't really getting a look in here so the move is a good one for him. Parish today has said that the bid accepted wasn't 400k, I'd guess closer to 600-700k. Apparently we are on talks with an unknown player that will surprise a few people if it comes off but let's wait and see.

Looking forward to the season though, I think if we can add a bit more quantity to the squad this year then we can surprise a few people, the starting X1 is pretty strong but we need to get more in to cover injuries. The signing of Joel Ward shows that we are still a very ambitions club. Looking forward to taking 6 points of you boys this year, 4 was most pleasant last season but you should always aim for higher!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Charity shield winners, wow you must be so proud, what a bunch of wankers you are

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340471468.406316.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't. The move was made for more personal reasons for Sean, if things are to be believed.

Is that why Glenn Murray is also supposedly "available" to remove his wages from the wage-bill ?

It seem's there are about 4 Palace threads a day on here...still, you're obviously not obsessed about us...

I started the thread as on the day the xfers gone through in our division were Jordan Mutch and Sean Scannell.

We had a thread on Mutch, So I thought as football people we should have a thread for Sean.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here