Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Scannell moving to a bigger club

Not seen anyone on here pass mention of Sean Scannell's big money 400k move to Huddersfield.

One of their own, most of them gutted (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230758&page=61)

Inevitable I guess that a young talent needs to move to a club who can match his ambitions as its obvious Palace are a club going backwards. Still onwards and upwards for the lad, he's obviously earned his big money move to a bigger club.

:lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hilario. On that basis, though, Zaha must be worth..at least £600k.

I reckon not only us but Charlton will finish ahead of those clowns. A thoroughly miserable season in prospect at Jongleurs SE25, more so if we put last season to rights against them.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
That is a massive step up for him. Can he prove himself? 400k seems like a huge amount but remember that will be zahas weekly wage after tax when he signs for barca. Its imminent.:ffsparr:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
400k? I thought he looked quality against us but lots of the Palace fans seem to think he wasn't all that anyway.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The best bit is the start of that thread from back in January, with a rumour of a £750k bid from Huddersfield and they all say it's a silly offer....

......fast forward to June and he goes for £400k :lolol::lolol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Loving their early posts when none of them think they will sell at the original rumoured offer of £750,000
Here's a flavour
Even tripling that offer probably wouldn't tempt us into selling. Signed a longish contract only recently. Jokes.
Wankers, throw Jordan Rhodes in and we'll talk.
and still delusional but at least humorous
In other news, I have asked out Scarlett Johansen.

Still waiting for a reply.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
When he broke into the team at 17 we were as you would be pround and excited....but TBH he has not moved on as much as we all hoped, a few fans are very loyal to "one of there own" but he was to light weight and too often drifted out of games, he stats as stated above say it all really. Better for him and the club that he moves on.

Oh I would consider Sheff Weds a bigger club than Palace...and BHA!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is this going to be the new "Zaha and all things Palace" thread?

I must admit I was very tired of the other one but if we are going to switch shouldn't we let all our Palace brethren know so that they know where to come to post their endless 100-comments-a-day-that-no-Albion-fan-is-interested-in inane drivvle?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Palace = nothing club, never won anything except the ZDS trophy in 1976 (or thereabouts), dilapidated ground, shit fanbase, shit kit for this season, tactically naive and negative manager, shit weather in the SE20 postcode area all the year round, depressed place to live.

Huddersfield = club with a rich history, and like us Charity Shield winners, decent modern ground, decent blue and white kit, decent fanbase, decent, experienced manager, future prospects looking good.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
He's not that good. No great loss, I'm surprised we got 400k.

I appreciate this now means he'll score 20 next season, but that's my immediate feelings.

Thanks for listening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He's not that good. No great loss, I'm surprised we got 400k.

I appreciate this now means he'll score 20 next season, but that's my immediate feelings.

Thanks for listening.

Why are you not upset that your club only got just over half what was offered for him in January? Is it because your owners are reportedly richer than Bill Gates?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This was my favourite post on there

Nelson Muntz

South London & Proud

It's going to really kick off on here when we discover Clyne isn't the best right back in the world and we don't get £5M for him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is this going to be the new "Zaha and all things Palace" thread?

I must admit I was very tired of the other one but if we are going to switch shouldn't we let all our Palace brethren know so that they know where to come to post their endless 100-comments-a-day-that-no-Albion-fan-is-interested-in inane drivvle?
I do love the Zaha thread, I think I've clicked on it once but it's brilliant as a lobster trap for Palace fans, they're all so obsessed with their trillion pound man (and rightly so, he is the hero they need, but not the one they deserve) that they can't go into other threads and drag them all down into Croydon based bollocks. So I don't think we need a new one.

Anyhoo Scannel isn't that great, he's a poor man's Zaha. Flatters to decieve times a thousand.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Why are you not upset that your club only got just over half what was offered for him in January? Is it because your owners are reportedly richer than Bill Gates?

The bid in January was reportedly only 300k anyway. I'm honestly not that bothered by Scanz leaving, I wish him all the best at Huddersfield and hope he does well. His departure is further testament to the quality of player our academy churns out - that 400k goes halfway towards paying for our academy for next season.

Our owners are rich enough but rule with their heads as opposed to their hearts, thankfully enough. They've made errors in their time, granted, but they're learning - as your chap is, I'd think.

Sorry for not coming back with a witty riposte or some toxic grade 'banter'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The bid in January was reportedly only 300k anyway. I'm honestly not that bothered by Scanz leaving, I wish him all the best at Huddersfield and hope he does well. His departure is further testament to the quality of player our academy churns out - that 400k goes halfway towards paying for our academy for next season.

Our owners are rich enough but rule with their heads as opposed to their hearts, thankfully enough. They've made errors in their time, granted, but they're learning - as your chap is, I'd think.

Sorry for not coming back with a witty riposte or some toxic grade 'banter'.

No problem with a sensible answer. I'm still a little confused though. Have a look at the first page of the bbs thread from January and it seems your fans generally think Scannel was worth far more than the purported 750000 offer and someone even suggests that it should include Rhodes coming to you lot. Are you saying fellow palace fans hold a generally inflated view of their academy darlings?

Sean Scannell signs for Huddersfield In three year deal - CPFC BBS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here