Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls player

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Cancelling mine for 2 reasons:

1) Too expensive, only use it for gus interviews
2) By having it I worry I might be endorsing any members of our commentary team. They are awful.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cancelling mine for 2 reasons:

1) Too expensive, only use it for gus interviews
2) By having it I worry I might be endorsing any members of our commentary team. They are awful.

The bit in bold - last 2 friendly highlights have been calling LuaLua "Looa Looa". Gets anymore wrong then he could get a job at Maidstone United getting names wrong :facepalm:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Once the season starts the commentary will be great, just like it was last season so I wouldn't base your opinion on the pre-season

Bob Booker is pure comedy!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments.

Brings back the memories of the midweek match last season (I can't remember who we were playing against) when the audio commentary on Seagulls Player started to stutter and kept buffering late in the first half and got worse in the second half. Some of us listening were 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 ,10 minutes behind the live broadcast on BBC SCR and the delay was completely random all around the world with one listener 10 minutes behind. Delighted at the equaliser but then astounded to find out we had conceded again on the matchday thread which I heard 4 minutes later. Some listeners even lost 7 minutes when it did an instant catch up for them.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think all are correct, ish...

£4.49 per month
£37.99 per year if you pay with an annual Direct Debit
£42.99 per year if you pay via debit card, credit card or Paypal.

(I feel left out not having had a single email about my subscription.:()

So I'm being ripped off at £4.49 per month on DD then which I presume is a whopping £53.88!! or do they not charge for the summer months ( Need to check my bank statement )

Ignore as I just realised mine is monthly DD so need to make it annual

Last edited:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
seagulls player 4th email

just got this 4 th email
We would like to apologise for the confusion with yesterday’s emails. We experienced an issue with our email platform which resulted in fans receiving multiple communications about the price increase. We can confirm that this is the email that you should have received.

We are currently working on improvements to Seagulls Player that will give you an enhanced match day experience.

For the 2012/13 season you can now:•Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments.
•Watch extended match highlights in high quality 2MB flash video.
•Access your account by using your Facebook log in.

So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £4.49 per month, an increase of just GBP 0.20p per month.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy using Seagulls Player in what promises to be an exciting new season for Seagulls Player and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.

Brighton and Hove Albion

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We would like to apologise for the confusion with yesterday’s emails. We experienced an issue with our email platform which resulted in fans receiving multiple communications about the price increase. We can confirm that this is the email that you should have received.

blah blah...

So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £37.99 per year, an increase of just GBP2 per year.
[/FONT]

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
A percentage of revenue goes to the club, im happy to continue as a subscriber, but there is definitely room for improvement.

If you can afford the subscription fee and help the club out then why not, I've noticed recently more seagulls player videos being downloaded and uploaded and shared via youtube or what ever. i'm not sure I agree with this. I don't want to see they seagulls player footage downloaded and uploaded and shared for free over such networks, the club earns a fair revenue and its quite an affordable extra. tbf

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Seeing as I have got rid of my 2 season tickets I guess it might be a wise move for me to invest in this? that said I do have to thank the OP, my good friend ([MENTION=21451]ifuhatepalacestandup[/MENTION]) for his kind generosity last season, hope your feeling better as well mate, a pint or 2 will be on me at a home game next season :drink:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Got all 4 emails yesterday.

I can't watch Sky Sports in Poland, so the player remains the only way for me
to follow Tomek Kuszczak in his new club. I've been using it for the last couple
of weeks (mainly to watch highlights from previous seasons) and I'm quite happy
with it.

Last edited:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
up to you mate gona keep it running this year coz dont realy miss the cost and its usefull when travaling (hollidays ect ) and yes thanks am a lot better leg is fine chest still hurts like a sonofabitch but hey ho looking forward to that pint and a good chinwag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here